PDA

View Full Version : j tune extreme kit

Mugen_Euro
03-04-2013, 01:54 AM
Hey guys just got an 07 Euro manual. Been looking around fora few mods and came across the J-tune extreme package.
Included is 4-2-1 headers, hi flow cat, 3" exhast intake manifold gasket, CAI and a hondata reflash custom for the mods.
Just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with Jtune or revzone, did a quick search and didnt get much.
Also a bit concerned with the size of that exhaust.. .3" seems a bit excesive and so does the 3k rpm vtec crossover....

Mind you ive got a few thousand to dump in the car and im looking for an na build (for preference) any imput on other mods would be appreciated.

The site is http://www.jtune.com.au/products.html just btw

IEVAQ8
03-04-2013, 07:29 AM
awsome product...
pm chulos2k...

he had a euro with this kit once apon a time...
loved it

ChaosMaster
03-04-2013, 09:03 AM
A while back, some people talked about JTune. There's nothing wrong with them, however do note that it's not their own custom products they're putting on the car, but products they recommend for the car. E.g. I believe they use Hondata for the ECU and Injen for the CAI. 3" is excessive, there's no doubt about it, however with Jtune, you can just choose what items you want and what you don't. Injen CAI would be pretty loud as well.

A few things to note:
CL9 exhaust isn't really that restrictive. I mean it's a 4 cylinder with 2 exhaust ports and un-restrictive resonators. A cat-back system alone wouldn't see any gains. Changing the Headers will provide some extra power, as well as changing the Cat. Stock CAT is 400 cell in the 07, which isn't as bad as the 900 cell in the 03-05. I would change the Headers, doesn't have to be the one JTune use, something like Weapons R is pretty popular here on OzHonda, and cost much less. You can also change the Cat, perhaps a 200-250 cell if you don't want much noise, or a 100-150 cell to make the most of the power gains. It still won't be that loud since the cat-back is still stocked.

3k crossover is low, but it works, if you don't want it that low, you can just request them to set it at a higher rate, or even do it yourself. I think a lot of people have it at the 5k range, which is 1k lower than stock.

You can get Injen CAI for ~$300 mark which is 100 cheaper than Jtune, will do the same thing. I don't think their pricing includes labour/install.

Black Euro
03-04-2013, 11:24 AM
Hey buddy,
If i was you i would look at doing them my self, and if your in Sydney have a took to BYP!
The Jtune packages is good but very pricey for what i hear, and it was ideal when there wasnt much products for the CL9 couple years back however there are much more products now! and have a read of the forums on TSX Club!
All the best!

IEVAQ8
03-04-2013, 12:11 PM
chaos master...

the j-tune kit was totally designed and developed by justin and james from.revzone...

not sure who.or wat gave u the idea it was parts from.here and there...

Mugen_Euro
03-04-2013, 02:22 PM
I would actualy rather get ct or toda headers i hear the dc headers dont sound the best and aernt as good quality. Id also rather the ct icebox as oposed to the cai in the kit but im strugling to find any dealers that ship to aus or suppliers in melbourne:(
If i could do it cheaper id also look into cams and vtc40 degrees. Looking to make an na
Monster. Will look into coilovers, rear sway and new breaks soon after

CalebEuro
03-04-2013, 03:44 PM
Check out Heeltoe for the icebox, they also have headers on their aswell, shipping isn't too...... bad but worth it as you can package headers icebox cat in the one box.

Black Euro
03-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Headers = PLM headers!
CAI = either K&N
Intake manifold = RBC or RRC
and VTC Cam gear
and get flash pro you will b looking at 150-160KW at wheels

ADD the Skunk2 exhaust with a Highflow cat and the 07 tsx CAM shafts and lightened flywheel and you got your self a monster!

ChaosMaster
03-04-2013, 04:44 PM
chaos master...

the j-tune kit was totally designed and developed by justin and james from.revzone...

not sure who.or wat gave u the idea it was parts from.here and there...

Totally designed as in they selected parts that they thought would be best and then tuned a CL9 from there. They basically import some parts and they install it. They don't manufacture anything as far as I know, nor did they design anything, other than the custom tune for the Hondata.

From what I can tell, their "designed and developed" ECU is a Hondata, Intake is either an Injen or K&N and their Headers could be Toda. Nothing on the site suggest to me that they did anything in house (bar ECU tune map), so where your "totally designed and developed" comes from I've no idea.

Mugen_Euro
03-04-2013, 09:02 PM
Headers = PLM headers!
CAI = either K&N
Intake manifold = RBC or RRC
and VTC Cam gear
and get flash pro you will b looking at 150-160KW at wheels

ADD the Skunk2 exhaust with a Highflow cat and the 07 tsx CAM shafts and lightened flywheel and you got your self a monster!

Going by what the jtune dyno sheet says I can get around 160kw with the extreme package...

IEVAQ8
03-04-2013, 09:29 PM
Totally designed as in they selected parts that they thought would be best and then tuned a CL9 from there. They basically import some parts and they install it. They don't manufacture anything as far as I know, nor did they design anything, other than the custom tune for the Hondata.

From what I can tell, their "designed and developed" ECU is a Hondata, Intake is either an Injen or K&N and their Headers could be Toda. Nothing on the site suggest to me that they did anything in house (bar ECU tune map), so where your "totally designed and developed" comes from I've no idea.

unless we talking about some1 else...
i saw the r&d that went into this kit with.my.own.eyes...
the spent many man hours developing and testing this kit...
wen they were done they outsourced the mass production...
but it is definatly NOT a mix n match of parts that they claim as theres like ur saying...

and if u dnt believe me...
ring revzone and ask.justin and find out...lol

vaikis
03-04-2013, 10:38 PM
for these money you can make your "own kit" with better power output. Jtune won't use VTC 50 gear so you loose ~ 10 HP or even more in tne midrange easy.

Mugen_Euro
03-04-2013, 11:12 PM
Just having trouble finding places that will get me the parts I need. I know I can get the plm headers and skunk exhaust from jdm yard I can get the ice box from revzone as for hi flow cat, intake manifold and vtc gear I wouldn't have a clue.

vaikis
03-04-2013, 11:29 PM
Just having trouble finding places that will get me the parts I need. I know I can get the plm headers and skunk exhaust from jdm yard I can get the ice box from revzone as for hi flow cat, intake manifold and vtc gear I wouldn't have a clue.

Just get all parts imported from US - heeltoeauto.com Marcus is a nice guy and can get all parts for you. VTC gear is Honda OEM part, same for RRC or RBC intake manifold. If you want to get cheaper contact Autofair honda - http://www.k20a.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=153

Mugen_Euro
03-04-2013, 11:45 PM
Just get all parts imported from US - heeltoeauto.com Marcus is a nice guy and can get all parts for you. VTC gear is Honda OEM part, same for RRC or RBC intake manifold. If you want to get cheaper contact Autofair honda - http://www.k20a.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=153

Legend I've sourced all the parts I need. Lastly anyone recommend a good tuner for flash pro in Melbourne.
I had a read through this thread http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?162164-Hondata-FlashPro-tested-in-CL9-Euro-it-works-!!!-TSX-07-08-ECU-required. But it says I need to get my immobiliser paired with new ecu. Seeing as I've already got the 07 ecu does that mean i don't need to get a new one our is the us euro edu different to the audm

vaikis
04-04-2013, 12:06 AM
Legend I've sourced all the parts I need. Lastly anyone recommend a good tuner for flash pro in Melbourne.
I had a read through this thread http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?162164-Hondata-FlashPro-tested-in-CL9-Euro-it-works-!!!-TSX-07-08-ECU-required. But it says I need to get my immobiliser paired with new ecu. Seeing as I've already got the 07 ecu does that mean i don't need to get a new one our is the us euro edu different to the audm

if you have TSX 07-08 ECU you are fine. (OEM CL9 ECU not supported by FlashPro)
FlashPro can be tuned remotly - you send logs, tuner sends new calibration. About 20-25 revisions and you have full tune. Cheaper, better part throtle tuning then on real dyno.

Black Euro
04-04-2013, 08:15 AM
Vaikis is right!
you will get better output and it will be cheaper if you source your parts your self!
And if you contact Benny from BYP he can source all of them for you and send you a Base Tune!

Fredoops
04-04-2013, 12:22 PM
Vaikis is right!
you will get better output and it will be cheaper if you source your parts your self!
And if you contact Benny from BYP he can source all of them for you and send you a Base Tune!

flashpro comes with a base tune already (equiv of Hondata Reflash).

you can save heaps of $$$ getting an e-tune instead.

Mugen_Euro
04-04-2013, 12:36 PM
Aight the plan is as follows:
CT icebox, VTC actuator with limited cam phase, Flash pro and hondata heatsheild gasket with shipping: TOTAL = $1920
Jtune performance headers & hi flow cat: TOTAL = $1995
2008 ACURA TSX (37820-RBB-A21) ECU: TOTAL = $645

so far this bring me to a total cost of $4560

despite wanting the car to be an NA monster it is still a DD and after doing some reading i dont think i can justify swapping the intake manifold as id loose a fair bit of mid range torque and daily driveability is important.
additionaly im not too sure if this is the case but to my understanding the 06-08 intake cam in the euro is the fairly decent. can anyone clarify if the AUDM euro cam differs form the UDM TSX cam?
if it doesnt ill stick with the oem cams

this leaves me roughly 1.5k for tuning and intalation, some of which i can attempt myself haha. Hopefully this will yield a few more ponies than the jtune kit

after this i plan for whiteline sway bar, havent looked into coilovers yet, upgrading the rubber, and rottors and pads

any thouhgts on the setup

Mugen_Euro
04-04-2013, 12:36 PM
and cheers for the imput so far guys :)

Fredoops
04-04-2013, 12:48 PM
Jtune performance headers & hi flow cat: TOTAL = $1995

No.

Why not get a Weapon R or PLM header and cat set instead, and save 1/2 the cash.
J-tune header is a 4-1 header iirc, not exactly the most ideal for low/mid range, it's deisgned for top end power, probably have something to do with their 3000rpm cross over

after this i plan for whiteline sway bar, havent looked into coilovers yet, upgrading the rubber, and rottors and pads
probably give those an priority

Mugen_Euro
04-04-2013, 01:12 PM
No.

Why not get a Weapon R or PLM header and cat set instead, and save 1/2 the cash.
J-tune header is a 4-1 header iirc, not exactly the most ideal for low/mid range, it's deisgned for top end power, probably have something to do with their 3000rpm cross over

probably give those an priority

Actualy mate if you take a closer look at the picture its a clear 4-2-1 have a peek http://www.jtune.com.au/products.html

Mugen_Euro
04-04-2013, 01:14 PM
i did the hadling set up on my forst euro 2003 5AT. handled like a boss. This time i wanna go a different route to start with, either way got planty of time to fix the handling but i just want to start with soemthing different for a change :)

Fredoops
04-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Actualy mate if you take a closer look at the picture its a clear 4-2-1 have a peek http://www.jtune.com.au/products.html

Even less reason to pay 2 grand for them lolol

Mugen_Euro
04-04-2013, 01:23 PM
fair call doing some searches on PLM atm. Dirt cheap compared to the jtune. I think your on to something here mate haha

Fredoops
04-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Even weapon r.

Mugen_Euro
04-04-2013, 01:30 PM
Now i just gotta get a tuner sorted. got any recomendations. melbourne based. preferebly S.E. suburbs?

Mugen_Euro
04-04-2013, 01:31 PM
and whats your opinion on the intake manifold and cams?

Fredoops
04-04-2013, 01:36 PM
Now i just gotta get a tuner sorted. got any recomendations. melbourne based. preferebly S.E. suburbs?

E-tune is just as good in theory.

and whats your opinion on the intake manifold and cams?

RRC is *the* manifold to get from what's been said on the internets.

To me the stock one looks just fine to use. Some port polishing if you want to head that way.

As to cams, why not OEM k20a cams? I think stdnrd have one be might be selling.

Also consider using the throttle body from the J35 (v6 accord )

mrgu
04-04-2013, 02:09 PM
J's catback has only one outlet which increases performance but look odd on our FL rear bumper.. u can get a dual outlet with j's but the cost will be....

ECU tune will be ur last resort once everythingelse (I/H/E ) is done....then coilover and cosmatic things

Mugen_Euro
04-04-2013, 02:15 PM
Just contacted fraNk at plm and he says the headers are not for the euro. Is their some difference in exhaust manifold of tsx and euro? :/

mrgu
04-04-2013, 02:26 PM
PLM is a good header for Euro.. Jdmyard has them in stock....very good header..only problem..the test pipe too short.. u need to weld the cat onto it.. which may cos bit of trouble.

ChaosMaster
04-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Didn't PLM have vibration issues, although as far as I know, it only affects Auto. I could be wrong, been a while since I've checked up on Headers. Weapon R seems the go though. Manifold should be the same with TSX and Euro. Tune for torque, it's the way to go for a DD. I find that even normally the K24 is lacking, much less with reduced torque. Lightened flywheel is another way to go if you want to improve response, no gain in power though, but it'll feel livelier.

Fredoops
04-04-2013, 03:25 PM
Just contacted fraNk at plm and he says the headers are not for the euro. Is their some difference in exhaust manifold of tsx and euro? :/

There are people on this forum that's running PLM header in their euro now.

No difference as far as header is concerned.

Fredoops
04-04-2013, 03:28 PM
J's catback has only one outlet which increases performance but look odd on our FL rear bumper.. u can get a dual outlet with j's but the cost will be
ECU tune will be ur last resort once everythingelse (I/H/E ) is done....then coilover and cosmatic things

5zigen also have single outlet exhaust just like J's that gives a *minor* bump on power.
Neither are worth the cost.

Also since OP is doing VTC (opening the engine). Tune is mandatory.

Mugen_Euro
04-04-2013, 03:38 PM
Rezone just quoted me 1.5k for flashpro with installs and tune, with the savings on headers compared to original plan I may just have some cash for cams! Or I could save for coilovers...

Mugen_Euro
04-04-2013, 03:40 PM
On a side note will the change of headers and cat effect my exhaust tone even though cat back is OEM

Fredoops
04-04-2013, 03:48 PM
On a side note will the change of headers and cat effect my exhaust tone even though cat back is OEM

Yes.

Slightly.

vaikis
04-04-2013, 04:01 PM
additionaly im not too sure if this is the case but to my understanding the 06-08 intake cam in the euro is the fairly decent. can anyone clarify if the AUDM euro cam differs form the UDM TSX cam?
if it doesnt ill stick with the oem cams

Acura TSX 06-08 intake cam is best OEM cam and it's different from Accord CL9 (all years have same cams). Exhaust cam is same in all Acura TSX and CL9 cars.

flashpro comes with a base tune already (equiv of Hondata Reflash).

you can save heaps of $$$ getting an e-tune instead.

first of all try it, Ignition is set too high on this Hondata base tune. You will have a lot of knocks believe me.

Mugen_Euro
05-04-2013, 12:34 AM
is the euro valvetrain good enough for the USDM TSX intake cam?

Fredoops
05-04-2013, 01:07 AM
Pretty sure someone had already done it here.

vaikis
05-04-2013, 04:27 AM
is the euro valvetrain good enough for the USDM TSX intake cam?

no need to touch valvetrain with OEM cams ;) I have posted what possible to expect from these cams:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?162164-Hondata-FlashPro-tested-in-CL9-Euro-it-works-!!!-TSX-07-08-ECU-required.&p=3689413&viewfull=1#post3689413

Black Euro
05-04-2013, 08:21 AM
I agree with vaikis!
No need to touch Valvetrain!
But would recommend a heavy duty clutch (Stage 1) and a lightened flywheel!
You will have a NA monster!

hanzzi
05-04-2013, 09:18 AM
I'm running the TSX Intake cam. I chose this option because it was the best performing OEM intake cam comparable to Stage 1 DIC and its alot cheaper. I bought all my gear from AutoFair. With all my mods im getting 220hp at the wheels with an e-tune.

With regards to E-tune its the best value for money tune you can get. I got my tune done by Vit-viper a world renown tuner and he done an excellent job BUT i am hesistant to do it again because its preety nerve racking and dangerous. My speed was hitting over 150km on 3rd gear pulls. I was paranoid about the COPS. Vit made me do 17 revisions and around 10 3rd gear Pulls. If i got busted i would of lost my licence on the spot. But i must say it was preety fun :cool:

Mugen_Euro
05-04-2013, 09:52 AM
I just emailed autofairhonda about the tsx ecu hopefully they got one.. Fingers crossed

Mugen_Euro
05-04-2013, 09:58 AM
I'm running the TSX Intake cam. I chose this option because it was the best performing OEM intake cam comparable to Stage 1 DIC and its alot cheaper. I bought all my gear from AutoFair. With all my mods im getting 220hp at the wheels with an e-tune.

With regards to E-tune its the best value for money tune you can get. I got my tune done by Vit-viper a world renown tuner and he done an excellent job BUT i am hesistant to do it again because its preety nerve racking and dangerous. My speed was hitting over 150km on 3rd gear pulls. I was paranoid about the COPS. Vit made me do 17 revisions and around 10 3rd gear Pulls. If i got busted i would of lost my licence on the spot. But i must say it was preety fun :cool:

In your opinion is I'M worth it and why did you not go rbb? I'm thinking with the cams rbb might be worth the investment saves me having to retune itif I change my mind

hanzzi
05-04-2013, 10:13 AM
To be honest with you i did not feel like i lost any low end torque but i certainly felt the increase in the high end using the RBC IM. I thinks it all about the tune and how good the tuner is. Im no mechanic but i think the rbb is a little restrictve at the high end from reading afew articles. If you have money go for the RRC but you will also need suporting mods to really feel the difference.

marquee
07-04-2013, 08:16 PM
Hey guys just thought I would give you my opinion on the jtune package since I had it.

The package is very well made using quality materials. With every mod I noticed gains. The exhaust note from the exhaust was awesome. The kit is still on the car now and not one single problem.

The only part I didn't have was the flash as it was recommended not to get it and wait for kpro (by jtune)

Now I got an awesome deal on the kit will not disclose how much. However if I were to pay retail I would probably not get it. The reason being is the cost.

However the quality is insane. I hope this helps guys.

Mugen_Euro
08-04-2013, 12:51 AM
Cheer for the input marquee, i really would have gone with the jtune kit but after researching some of the ideas the guys on the forum put forward i found it to be much much cheaper to source different parts and put it together. The only part of the jtune kit going in is the cat, as much as id like the exhaust too i figure ill save that money and put it towards either coil overs or light weight rims in the near future.