PDA

View Full Version : Hondata AF question/problem with O2???

Webby_roller
03-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Hey guys,

Hope I can get an insite here...

I just plugged in the hondata and the af did not move at all throught the drive...

I had a search and couldn't really find a solution so hoping sombody here can help.

The af did not move off 0.68/0.69 which caused it to think its running rich.

Now the question....

Is this a faulty O2 sensor? or are the wires crossed with the heater circuit? or what???? I am not sure what the go here is...

I am pretty sure its the O2, and want to replace it before I get it tuned... does anybody know of the best brand/place to get it for an accurate reading O2 sensor?

Car is integra VTIR with JDM gsr block and type r valvetrain. Will be going boost as soon as I can walk again so kinda looking for the best option with the O2 sensor for that situation.

Cheers

Chr1s
03-04-2013, 06:23 PM
What O2 sensor are you using champ? You can't use the standard O2 sensor, it needs to be a wideband.

Chernoby1
03-04-2013, 06:56 PM
What O2 sensor are you using champ? You can't use the standard O2 sensor, it needs to be a wideband.

This.

My standard sensor reads "13.8" regardless of what the engine is doing. In reality its actually running richer than that and is only being used when the afr goes above 14.2, at which point it dumps more fuel in and turns on engine light.

The tuner will (hopefully) put on his wideband while tuning and then revert it back to the narrowband safety type thing.

If you go and buy yourself a wideband sensor, then the ecu can do some smart stuff to keep everything running awesome even after the tune ;)

Webby_roller
03-04-2013, 06:58 PM
True... Just doing some reading on that... It's the standard O2... I just thought that it might show the output from the narrow band while it was running to show that the O2 sensor is actually picking up a proper af ratio...

Finishing some research now and looking at getting the innovate mtx-l and using that... Is it possible to use the wideband for running closed loop or is wideband more of a tuning only thing? Ie, run wideband to the gauge and narrowband to the ecu? It's on a hondata s300

Chernoby1
03-04-2013, 07:11 PM
My other car is running closed loop with the wideband connect through a serial port. From memory the s300 doesnt have one?

So to answer you question, certainly is possible but no idea if the s300 can do it

Webby_roller
03-04-2013, 07:25 PM
Thanks, just read up in some papers on how the ecu reads narrowband... I am going to run the wideband to the ELD on the ecu and the narrowband to the original O2 pin so I can log one and utilize the other...

mocchi
03-04-2013, 10:04 PM
Thanks, just read up in some papers on how the ecu reads narrowband... I am going to run the wideband to the ELD on the ecu and the narrowband to the original O2 pin so I can log one and utilize the other...

just use the wideband, no need to use both.

Webby_roller
04-04-2013, 11:17 AM
sweet... wideband on its way... thanks for the help guys...

infurNOS
10-04-2013, 02:39 AM
great info guise.