PDA

View Full Version : b18c6 on crx?

crx power
23-03-2005, 10:25 AM
Hello guys i am a newbie and i apologise for any mistakes i might do!!

I am about to swap an b18c6 into my crx vtec ee8, and i'd like to know if this is possible and where we should be exceptionally carefull (about the swap) so as to achieve the stock estimated horsepower without technical problems??

Also,I've seen several estimated hp for this engine from 190hp to 200hp
what is true about this engine??

My first concern is if would run the 1/4mile less than 14sec.(approximately 13.5sec is my target).Is this possible??

For the time being i run at about 14.7sec with slight improvements and with a y2 tranny,i will keep the same tranny. :honda:

Thanks all of you in advance for your help, as it means a lot to me.

crx power
25-03-2005, 05:49 AM
Come on guys ,don't tell me that noone is able to reply to this post!!!!!
Because i doubt it,as there are numerous of viewers that have the appropriate knowledge to this matter!!!heeelp me

tRipitaka
25-03-2005, 09:45 AM
First of all,
What is the b18c6 ? Is it the dc2r engine ?
Because here we call it b18c7 or we would even recognise it as b18c5 (USDM)..
There should be alot of info on the ITR engine, as it has been covered a fair few times. So I suggest you search..

J-MuN
25-03-2005, 01:44 PM
First of all,
What is the b18c6 ? Is it the dc2r engine ?
Because here we call it b18c7 or we would even recognise it as b18c5 (USDM)..
There should be alot of info on the ITR engine, as it has been covered a fair few times. So I suggest you search..
might be the Greek (GRKDM ':rolleyes:') DC2R engine...

crx_16x
26-03-2005, 02:15 AM
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=919080

crx power
26-03-2005, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the good link crx16x!!
I think that b18c6 is the european edition as my engine is from france and
the b18c7 is the ausrallian one.
Also what this engine is easily gain from?? A case in point is a header,exhaust system(60mm),a good reprogramming???

crx power
28-03-2005, 10:21 AM

panda[cRx]
28-03-2005, 05:18 PM
yeah header, 60mm exhaust (but no bigger) and air intake would be good place to start.
what ecu are you planning on using?

with you concerns about 1/4 mile times a friend with a b18c2 in a gen2 crx (from vtir) ran 13.7 with headers, exhaust, intake and a microtech computer. so yes it is very possible with the right mods and driving skill :)

crx power
30-03-2005, 08:24 AM
I am planning to use mugen's eeprom chip,do you find it a good idea,is it supposed to be a good one??

What *affordable* header(up to 500$) do you suggest 4-2-1 or 4-1
I use this car for streetracing and i need the bottom end of power curve!!

Also what 4-2-1 header to you suggest for more output, a supersprint one????

crx power
30-03-2005, 06:48 PM
come on guys someone..??? :honda: :wave:

crx power
01-04-2005, 07:45 AM
Also I was suggested that I should buy bigger than the 240cc ones as they saturate at 200hp and oil temperature might dangerously rise!!!!!

What about the header suggest me a good 4-2-1 one for this engine (b18c6)but with two o2 sensors!! supersprint,dc sports ceramic...??

Also with a y1 tranny would this car be faster??? in 1/4mile and 1/2mile because in greece we test our cars for 1000meters(1/1.6mile)

crx power
03-04-2005, 07:59 AM
someone??????????????????????????????? :wave: :wave: :wave:

tinkerbell
04-04-2005, 10:05 PM
mate, you are actually talkin' gibberish (no offence)

try doing some SEARCHING first, then sort it out in your head and come back and ask some more sensible questions.

if you wanna do the swap, you need custom wiring loom and custom engine mounts - have a look around for how much this will set you back then find out how much an engine is going to cost you...

crx power
05-04-2005, 12:11 AM
mate, you are actually talkin' gibberish (no offence)

try doing some SEARCHING first, then sort it out in your head and come back and ask some more sensible questions.

if you wanna do the swap, you need custom wiring loom and custom engine mounts - have a look around for how much this will set you back then find out how much an engine is going to cost you...

First of all, my friend don't worry I do not take offence so easily. :thumbsup:

To begin with, I have already bought this engine (b18c6) and very soon I shall bolt it on.I was wondering i f someone have tested dc headers,supersprint... on his car to suggest me avoid or purchase them as this is what we usually do in forums!!!

Furthermore,I'll put "on" a mugen chip, dc 4-1ceramic header,60mm exhaust system(no cat),r-98 jasma muffler,hks irdium plugs.

So, you seem to be an expert on these engines,what do you have to say for the above mentioned mods on an ee8(with a b18c6 bolted on)???
Have I made an effective SEARCHING or do you have something else to suggest me?? :honda: :thumbsup: :honda:

THANK U IN ADVANCE

panda[cRx]
05-04-2005, 12:15 AM
one thing jasma isnt a brand, its to do with japanese emissions standards lol

**Ghost**
05-04-2005, 12:22 AM
hahaha dont bump ur topic eveyr 5 minutes man, give ppl some time... i am NOT an expert... but one thing that happened to a friend who bolted a SR20DET to a Pulsar should be a warning for u... if ur stock engine mounts dont fit only allow for a minimum modification fo them... dont ever everrrrrrrrrrrrrr try and MAKE them fit...

crx power
05-04-2005, 05:58 AM
']one thing jasma isnt a brand, its to do with japanese emissions standards lol

Yes I know mate i just wrote it to make an impression to those who don't know :D :p :rolleyes:

wynode
05-04-2005, 09:30 AM
Just do a search on the basic mods that for a honda b-series engine

crx power
07-04-2005, 07:30 AM
Hey guys something else could you suggest me a good online shop that is dealing with honda crx-civic-itr etc. dc headers,erikshracing chip or mugen...,and fuel injectors (keeping in mind its inner resistance)???

Any replies will be appreciated,

Thanks in advance

tinkerbell
07-04-2005, 09:54 AM
www.google.com

keywords = honda CRX civic "type R" "DC sports" "ericks racing"

hope this helps :)

h22a accord
07-04-2005, 02:58 PM
sorry to hijack your thread but i didnt know that JASMA was a jap emmissions thing.....i find that amusing because one time i got sent over the pits, the cop fined and defected me for having a "JASMA" brand muffler, when clearly it was a TANABE by the etching up the side! he didnt care about the 2.5" piping or aftermarket resonator, all he saw was this bling thing.

by the way, good luck with your planned conversion!