PDA

View Full Version : 1 din headunits that suit your EK

willone1
10-04-2013, 01:24 AM
Still have my OEM head unit but I've been wanting a new one for aux,cd etc... (aswell as new speakers and the rest)
I have been looking at various different models; pioneer, alpine, sony, jvc and others for headsets but it seems none of them seem to look 'OEM' (as im wanting to keep that look).
Just wondering what you guys are rocking and your opinions on headunits,

Im interested in the Alpine cde121 for price and look (best similar pic i could find)
http://i46.tinypic.com/2iiikgm.jpg

Daveho1
10-04-2013, 05:56 AM
Imho its one of those things where u just have to bite the bullet and get one that suits your needs but u also like the interface. No corrent model will look oem and it shouldnt eather they arnt from the same century. I would just grab sonwthing easy to use and if i can change the back light colour to match the cluster colours thats a bonus. And remember theres a reason your moving away from the oem unit * cause dey shit*

trism
10-04-2013, 07:45 AM
Its not really something you can get someone elses opinion on.

Like, my opinion is that i wouldnt cheap out, and anything less than about $800 isnt going to do what i want.

If you like the look, it does what you want, and it fits your budget, just do it.

AusVTi-R
10-04-2013, 08:22 PM
http://www.sony.com.au/product/cdx-gt700ui

i bought this a few years back now, I searched for a black face but it had to suit the OEM orange back lights of my ek. This certain one has an option to create your own colour illumination so it matched your car interior lights, has the basic functions for todays needs (Ipod connectivity/aux/cd etc).

Good luck mate.

EKVTIR-T
10-04-2013, 08:35 PM
Nakamichi look quite OEM but are far from it :)

o0ultima0o
11-04-2013, 07:58 PM
i have the most basic sony headunit. cdx gt310mp. has only the red on black colour, but seemingly, it flows alright with the orange backlit dash and centre.

willone1
12-04-2013, 07:29 PM
Yeah thanks for the info guys!
I had a feeling this would have been the case, just thought maybe i wasn't looking hard enough and there was a low key brand that i may not have known of or something you guys could recommend but its all good!

UkuleleGod
23-04-2013, 04:41 PM
I have one of the JVC units with the variable illumination. With these head decks, you can change the colour to match the dash. I have mine colour matched to the clock during the day and to the dash illumination during the night.