PDA

View Full Version : Help with taking off a turbo kit

tuannn
10-04-2013, 02:49 PM
Hey guys, would like to ask what is needed to done to take off a turbo kit from an NA car. As in the car was an NA. How much would it roughly cost ?

Thanks

lolmclol
10-04-2013, 02:50 PM
state and a few more details would help your question a little :-P

tuannn
10-04-2013, 02:56 PM
What woul you like to know ?

lolmclol
10-04-2013, 02:59 PM
Well I guess if you say what state you're in, users like stndrd normally chime in and give an idea etc.

What turbo kit? ECU changed? S2000 I presume?

I'm not sure to be honest, but you could be looking at things like changing the intake/ manifold/ header/ exhaust etc if you're going back to stock.

PHO
10-04-2013, 03:01 PM
You will need new exhaust manifold/exhaust suitable for n/a set up. New intake/airbox made for n/a. Block off any water/oil lines to turbo. Stock ecu or tune suited for na application. Thats the basics really.

trism
10-04-2013, 03:01 PM
more details like what car, what turbo kit, what replacement parts have you got etc etc etc

tuannn
10-04-2013, 03:02 PM
Ahhh okay, well theres an s2000 im current looking at but it has a turbo kit on it. He doesnt state what turbo kit he has on. So as Im on my P's, im not sure if its possible to take off the turbo kit. And yes the ECU has been changed.

tuannn
10-04-2013, 03:02 PM
Sorry Ive found the set up.

Mechanicals:
- Garrett GT3076RS turbo
- HKS 55mm external wastegate (currently plumbed back in)
- Tial blow off valve
- Sonic turbo beanie / bag
- Custom fabricated high mount manifold
- Custom fabricated 3" full exhaust system with dumpie tip
- Custom fabricated intercooler kit (all sprayed black)
- Haltech platinum pro aftermarket computer / ecu
- Sard fuel regulator
- Cusco oil catch can
- Greddy oil filter relocator kit
- K&N pod filter
- RC 1000cc injectors
- 255 walbro fuel pump
- ACT clutch and lightened flywheel
- USA 600HP aftermarket rear drive shafts
- USA strengthened rear diff
- Buddyclub N+ racing spec damper coilovers fully adjustable

tuannn
10-04-2013, 03:03 PM
How much would it roughly cost to restore to NA ?

PHO
10-04-2013, 03:06 PM
Sorry Ive found the set up.

Mechanicals:
- Garrett GT3076RS turbo
- HKS 55mm external wastegate (currently plumbed back in)
- Tial blow off valve
- Sonic turbo beanie / bag
- Custom fabricated high mount manifold
- Custom fabricated 3" full exhaust system with dumpie tip
- Custom fabricated intercooler kit (all sprayed black)
- Haltech platinum pro aftermarket computer / ecu
- Sard fuel regulator
- Cusco oil catch can
- Greddy oil filter relocator kit
- K&N pod filter
- RC 1000cc injectors
- 255 walbro fuel pump
- ACT clutch and lightened flywheel
- USA 600HP aftermarket rear drive shafts
- USA strengthened rear diff
- Buddyclub N+ racing spec damper coilovers fully adjustable

New exhaust. Echaust manifold. Stock ecu (or tune current ecu) new injectors.

Get rid of whats not necessary. Like the oil feed lines and what ever that goes to turbo.

curtis265
10-04-2013, 03:07 PM
Ahhh okay, well theres an s2000 im current looking at but it has a turbo kit on it. He doesnt state what turbo kit he has on. So as Im on my P's, im not sure if its possible to take off the turbo kit. And yes the ECU has been changed.

Not trying to be a pain here, but why go through the hastle if you haven't already bought it..? A lot of hard work, time and money go into building thiis sorta thing and the value invested will never be retrieved if you part it out

tuannn
10-04-2013, 03:08 PM
New exhaust. Echaust manifold. Stock ecu (or tune current ecu) new injectors.

Get rid of whats not necessary. Like the oil feed lines and what ever that goes to turbo.

With parts aside, how much do you reckon a mechanic would charge for this job ?

And i read somewhere you need to weld holes due to piping ? Im not sure

tuannn
10-04-2013, 03:09 PM
Not trying to be a pain here, but why go through the hastle if you haven't already bought it..? A lot of hard work, time and money go into building thiis sorta thing and the value invested will never be retrieved if you part it out
Yes I realised that. He said about 16k went into the build, Im not after retrieving the money back, its at a good price as is. Do you think its worth it ?

lolmclol
10-04-2013, 03:11 PM
links to the car advert?

tuannn
10-04-2013, 03:13 PM
links to the car advert?
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/fairfield-east/cars-vans-utes/99-immaculate-black-honda-s2000-280kw-turbo-tastefully-modified/1016885475

EKVTIR-T
10-04-2013, 03:13 PM
I dont see it costing much at all

Max. $500 or its something you could DIY

Looks like a nice setup so you can resell it for a decent chunk of change :thumbsup:

tuannn
10-04-2013, 03:16 PM
I dont see it costing much at all

Max. $500 or its something you could DIY

Looks like a nice setup so you can resell it for a decent chunk of change :thumbsup:

Are you offering to help ? :D

EKVTIR-T
10-04-2013, 03:18 PM
I'm not in NSW lad

tuannn
10-04-2013, 03:18 PM
I'm not in NSW lad

Im from VIC. :)

EKVTIR-T
10-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Does it come with all the standard items to put back on?

trism
10-04-2013, 06:28 PM
How long till youre off your Ps? coz that thing would be a fcuking weapon.

If youve only got a few months, keep the turbo gear, and then bolt it back on when your get your fulls.

If youve still got 18 months, or dont care for turbo, then convert back and sell stuff. But itd be good to hold onto the turbo stuff coz its already got axles, diff, fuel pump, injectors and clutch etc to suit the power.

What youll need at minimum is;

-Exhaust manifold

thats it lol.

the pipe that runs from the cold side of the intercooler to the intake manifold, just bolt the pod filter up to that down behind the bar. Reroute the existing line from the catch can to the intake pipe behind the pod to the new intake pipe, you might need to get a nipple welded on for it, but thats like, a 15 minute job for any decent place. thats the intake side sorted, for probably a total of $50.

As for the exhaust, buy a set of aftermarket headers, and take it to an exhaust shop to get them to mate it up to the existing cat. the turbo maniold and dump pipe obviously are of no use, but the existing 3" system will be fine. Call it $300 for a set of cheap ebay headers and another $100 to get it adapted. Itd probably be as simple as a flex join or something.

ECU, find out what it is. It its a hondata, save teh turbo tune, and then get someone to load up a base N/A tune and tweak it a little. youve got some nice injectors, and with the intake and exhaust, youll probably be able to pull about 150kw at the wheels, up from about 115-130 stock. Probably put about $1k aside for a tune.

If youre not comfortable changing the exhaust manifold and pulling the intercooler out, swapping the pod etc yourself, budget probably 1K in labour. Or put some feelers put, and see if you can get some people from here to give you a hand to do it for a feed (ie have a BBQ, buy some drinks etc) that way you can learn to work on the car yourself.

curtis265
10-04-2013, 06:39 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to trism again.

stndrd
10-04-2013, 07:46 PM
If your located in Melb, I would do it for around $300-$440 (depending on how much stuffing around it is) and thats not including parts.

Tune will be $650 and you can keep the injectors and ecu in it.

I can also get PLM or Toda headers and where the fittings for oil/coolant lines go, you can just put bungs in that will block the holes.

trism
11-04-2013, 08:35 AM
^^^ this dude right here, legend.

AusS2000
11-04-2013, 01:27 PM
If you end up buying it we can work something out. I have experience with these cars and all the stock items off my turbo S (manifold, injectors, ECU etc). I'm in Sydney BTW.

(Ryanswhites2k)
11-04-2013, 07:22 PM
I saw the ad last night. I remember the original owner and then he sold it to some guy who then I think he sold it to the current owner about 18 months or so ago it was put on gumtree for $12000 and it lasted for about 5 mins. Great set up mines practically the same as this except as in colour, year and mods except I've got 8000 Kms less than this and mines na tuned with j's header full exhaust and intake buy this and ill swap you.

RenzokukenJ
11-04-2013, 07:27 PM
Dw guys I just bought it

(Ryanswhites2k)
11-04-2013, 08:15 PM
Great buy mate, how does it drive

jn86
15-04-2013, 08:27 PM
He is trolling - the car is still for sale

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?174163-99-Immac-Black-Honda-S2000-280kw-Turbo-tastefully-modified

YeahByuddy
15-04-2013, 08:41 PM
He is trolling - the car is still for sale

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?174163-99-Immac-Black-Honda-S2000-280kw-Turbo-tastefully-modifiedi think u the liar

i already pay deposit for this car saturday

other ad in gumtree from guy name mohammed,i cannot go to see so he ask me pay deposit in paypal for secure car

now i scare who truth or lie

AusS2000
16-04-2013, 10:28 AM
Yeah, this will work out well I'm sure.

jn86
16-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Haha - 2 different guys in this post allegedly putting deposits and purchasing the car ...
Yet the fact remains, the car is sitting right here, out the front of my law firm ...

Anyways, interested parties - contact me if you want to purchase the car as it is still genuinely for sale

mocchi
16-04-2013, 08:13 PM
Dw guys I just bought it

SOLD

congrats on the purchase mate