PDA

View Full Version : Turbo kit anyone???

petrovski
23-03-2005, 04:37 PM
Found this on ebay . . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7963591391&category=33742

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-1/925299/jazzturbo.jpg

Pete :)

Dreams
23-03-2005, 04:45 PM
sick! anyone buying that? will be the first ever turbojazz in oz or is there one already??

a good example:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/ndut/mukaisan_l.jpg
damnn.. :S

TypeG
23-03-2005, 05:11 PM
dodgy kit IMO
if turbo it, do it right or just dun do it

spoon fit
23-03-2005, 05:54 PM
custom made?

TypeG
23-03-2005, 06:18 PM
i think so

Snoop_gee
23-03-2005, 06:59 PM
a good example:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/ndut/mukaisan_l.jpg
damnn.. :S

that look hawt as :thumbsup:

JDM.Power
23-03-2005, 08:18 PM
wont mind taking that greddy e-management system :P

spoon fit
23-03-2005, 08:19 PM
custom made!? for that price, i rather get the HKS one

Zimp13
23-03-2005, 10:13 PM

HKS got turbo kit for jazz??? how much spoonfit???

Zimp13
23-03-2005, 10:13 PM
dodgy kit IMO

mrG, u improving man.... spell dodgy rite... hahahahah :D

TypeG
23-03-2005, 10:20 PM
lol
HKS sell turbo kt for $8k
if i will stay here
i will buy that kit ages ago

spoon fit
23-03-2005, 10:26 PM
HKS got turbo kit for jazz??? how much spoonfit???

abt $7300

MRFIT
23-03-2005, 11:11 PM
$8000 to get it turboed? no thanks.... :D

B8070FD
24-03-2005, 01:18 AM
i saw one using that exact turbo kit in indonesia, very awesome but on automatic =(

Zimp13
24-03-2005, 06:46 PM

$7300 compared with us$2600 (aud$3300)???? how can u said u rather get the $7300 one, spoonfit???? so much difference in price... of cos the custome made one is more affordable...

Zimp13
24-03-2005, 06:47 PM
lol
HKS sell turbo kt for $8k
if i will stay here
i will buy that kit ages ago

thats ok mrG... u can sell all ur stuff to me when u leave mar rite??? souvenier wor... hehehhe

MRFIT
24-03-2005, 08:03 PM
and zimp13, when you leave, you can then pass them onto me.... :D

spoon fit
24-03-2005, 08:06 PM
$7300 compared with us$2600 (aud$3300)???? how can u said u rather get the $7300 one, spoonfit???? so much difference in price... of cos the custome made one is more affordable...

so what

:D

Zimp13
24-03-2005, 08:33 PM
so what

:D

cos from the way u wrote just now "u would rather get HKS", normally u said that when there is a better product with more or less the same amount of money.

one more chance
25-03-2005, 03:51 PM
dodgy kit IMO

how is it dodgy?? you have a GReddy management unit (one of the best on the market) nice equal length manifold, decent turbo for the size of the engine, stainless steel piping, silicon hoses, gaskets, rings...its a complete kit..only thing missing is a muffler.. even the intercooler is a decent size considering that this kit is not designed for horsepower hero cars! only thing u need is a good tuner! Its a good bolt-on kit... this kit is designed for maybe 30% increase in power... and for that, its has all you need!!!

TypeG
25-03-2005, 04:38 PM
but consider a bad designed custom turbo will fxxk the engine up. for a serious turbo kit, e-manage is not a good idea my mate.

one more chance
25-03-2005, 05:05 PM
but consider a bad designed custom turbo will fxxk the engine up. for a serious turbo kit, e-manage is not a good idea my mate.

i never doubted that a bad designed turbo kit will fcuk the engine.. i agree...who wouldnt? this was never the issue

answer this...
1. what is your opinion of the e-manage based on? what ecu would you use?
2. have you ever used the e-manage?
3. what is a "serious turbo kit"?
do you honestly think the L15A is designed for huge amounts of power? face reality, the Jazz is not meant for crazy wards of power. sorry to burst your bubble!

TypeG
25-03-2005, 05:16 PM
well, how many kw a Jazz can pull up is not an issue since we mod our car coz this is our (my) hobbies. We want to do it correctly right? Will you justice that turbo kit is a good kit coz it got e-manage to come with?
for me, e-manage is okay with normal mod like HEI but not a serious mod(on a jazz) like turbo kit.
serious kit should at least produce by a japan brand company which has done a lot of research and testing but not a custom kit with pieces come from shop's shelf.

one more chance
25-03-2005, 05:32 PM
where do you think GReddy is from? GReddy is branded under TRUST! a JAPANESE company.
I would not dream of putting an e-manage on a NA car.. e-manage is specificly designed for turbo applications..its only laptop programable.. if thats your definition of "off the shelf.." i'd like to know what u classify as a thorough unit!

TypeG
25-03-2005, 05:38 PM
sorry mate, i think we got different point of view since I am after a higher class, better and branded system while you after a useable systsem only.

Car mod is not like a lego which u put things altogether as a package. Even lego has to pretest to see how it look.

E-manage is not BAD as I am considering for my car but if I go more serious mod like turboing it, I will prfer some other ECU since I fork out few k and I for sure prefer a better result from that.

one more chance
25-03-2005, 05:49 PM
for someone who has owned so many cars... you know very little about cars.
u said u want something thats customs and not off the shelf... yet in an earlier thread u said u would go for a HKS kit. How is that not "off the shelf?"
you are "after higher class".. please put me at ease at tell me your definition of higher class? Because my definition of this means shipping your JAZZ to Japan to the Topsecret factory and getting them to customise your car. anything other then this is budget!!!
you talk about the e-manage as if it is a budget unit... tell me one ecu that is more superior and why and then i will shut-up!

TypeG
25-03-2005, 05:58 PM
yeah i know very little about cars to be honest as I just know how to mod my ride using good quality of parts.
to short the argue, i will annoy all off shelf and shit as HKS turbo kit is no way to compare with this kit on ebay and HKS kit is at least off one single shelf but not from different shelves since this kit come with Trust product with Blitz filter
to end this argue, HKS F-Con is good enough for replacement ECU?

one more chance
25-03-2005, 06:02 PM
HKS F-con?? a piggy-back unit???? you are putting the F-Con before the E-manage???
Get over your obsession with HKS... function over fashion!!

your argument has no substance!!!

TypeG
25-03-2005, 06:11 PM
you talk about the e-manage as if it is a budget unit... tell me one ecu that is more superior and why and then i will shut-up!

i told u a ECU which is more superior and u dun shut up
lol
make sure u proff read b4 u press any button
:rolleyes:

TypeG
25-03-2005, 06:12 PM
i never doubted that a bad designed turbo kit will fcuk the engine.. i agree...who wouldnt? this was never the issue

answer this...
1. what is your opinion of the e-manage based on? what ecu would you use?
2. have you ever used the e-manage?
3. what is a "serious turbo kit"?
do you honestly think the L15A is designed for huge amounts of power? face reality, the Jazz is not meant for crazy wards of power. sorry to burst your bubble!

again by asking what ecu.......

one more chance
25-03-2005, 06:17 PM
you have no clue what you are talking about.

why is the F-Con more superior then the E-manage?
How is a piggy-back unit better then a stand-alone???

is it because you're a HKS whore..???
i keep asking because you never answer my question!

your weak in your argument and youre even weaker in your response...

i love having fun with people like you!! good laugh!!!! :D

TypeG
25-03-2005, 06:29 PM
Lol, sound like I have more fun than u
U keep on asking me what ecu again and again yrself.
1. F-Con is always better thAn e-manage coz it is a replacement ECU
2. piggyback will never better thAn a stand-alone ECU
3. i am not a HKS fan coz i got one mod only which is from HKS
4. yes, I am weak on argue

one more chance
25-03-2005, 06:52 PM
you FINALLY made a worthwhile contribution to this thread!! Congrats!

1. The F-CON S has nothing over the e-manage, the F-CON V is a different story
2. thanx for stating the obvious
3. HKS is over priced. they prey on rich boys like you to gain their repution! Everybody knows how difficult the F-CON is to tune... not many people will do it.. and those that do, dont do a good job!
4. yes u have a weak argument!

TypeG
25-03-2005, 07:01 PM
lol
HKS and other Japan is overpriced but if u dun have enough cash, do it in cheap way and no body will blame u on that. Also HKS overpriced? I got my HKS Hipower muffler for $4XX and XForce is selling $2XX in Aus. Sound like you better find another job for this hobby
Tuning a Fcon is hard but from the start to the end, u only mention is WHICH ECU is better than EManage to shut yr month and I did but u still keep talking...... that's yr contribution? or are you the one selling this kit? LOL

Also you never state where will the ECU(lol) get tuned. So if it is tuned properly, it is one of the best ECU in the market. Aus ppl is too suck to tune that which is all we know that ALREADY.

one more chance
25-03-2005, 07:18 PM
you say the f-con is better... but u never mentioned why. til now i still dont know why you think the f-con is better. thats why i challenged you. dont just say the f-con just to shut me up!!!! what are you a kid? The e-manage is lap-top programable. i will mention 3 workshops in QLD that I know can tune it..1. KP Performance salisbury 2. Mazfix underwood 3. Bob Romano Kelvin Grove.

I do not know even one workshop who is willing to tune F-con here. and if australian people are "too suck to tune" i suggest you go to another country!

if buying a $400 muffler makes you happy, then you have my sympathy!

FB008
25-03-2005, 07:57 PM
if buying a $400 muffler makes you happy, then you have my sympathy!

it's his money. he can do what he wants with it as he pleases and why should you have a problem with that? :rolleyes:

i pity you for wasting so much time arguing with him. he either takes you advice or leaves it, you don't force stuff down his throat. you sir, need a warm glass of STFU.

back on topic, i wouldn't mind a turbo kit on my jazz myself for some extra power :) i'd try to do my homework before buying anything and see what would be worth the money. if it's good i dont mind paying the money.

TypeG
25-03-2005, 08:02 PM
... tell me one ecu that is more superior and why and then i will shut-up!

have u ask why as well? I cant see any my frd.

yes HKS F-Con and it is full replacement ecu so it is better than a piggback. So SHUT UP!

one more chance
25-03-2005, 08:09 PM
FB008

i wasted MY OWN time.... i dont see why its a concern of yours...if u had read our conversation, you would understand i was merely asking him to justify his responses.
grow a dick and RELAX!!!

TypeG
25-03-2005, 08:11 PM
lol
justify my responses?
Try to edit all yr posts to correct all yr errors so I dont have to quote so much mate
what a kid

asiansquad
25-03-2005, 08:23 PM
one more chance:

everyone has their own view, why are u picking a fight just because he likes HKS? what happened to shutting up after knowing which ecu is better and why?

u forgot didn't u???

one more chance
25-03-2005, 08:26 PM
TypeG

can you differiate between 'what' and 'why'?
it must be your english, cos i dont think u understand anything that ive put forward to you, so i will now stop this. totally pointless

asiansquad

if u refer back to the posts, he never mentioned why.. he kept saying F-con, f-con.. but never mentioned why.. i just wanted a reason to why... just because its HKS, doesnt mean its better.

Tony
25-03-2005, 08:30 PM
Both F-con S and e-manage can be good if tuned properly. By the way, typeG have you noticed the ECU that came with the HKS turbo kit is F-con S not F-con V Pro? F-con S is a piggy back system. I think you might be referring to the F-Con V Pro, which is a standalone engine management system.

http://www.hks-kyusyu.co.jp/tuning/fit/fit.html

TypeG
25-03-2005, 08:43 PM
Tony, I know that HKS turbo kit come with FConS but they are totally tuned for their system in Japan.

I am refering stand alone ecu as someone ask me to point one ecu which is better than a piggback e-manage and I have again and again told him Y already.... let dun use HKS, PowerFC maybe this time.
why again? coz it is replacement ECU and e-manage is piggyback. <- this already explain if u are not a noob to car mod.

bennjamin
25-03-2005, 08:49 PM
fellas please keep it down. A good debate in peoples opinions is always welcomed ( which , this thread and most are all about ONLY)
But please refrain from name calling / derogative comments in general. :)