PDA

View Full Version : EK light won't turn off

invoked
13-04-2013, 12:45 AM
was driving home when suddenly this light turns on and hasn't turned off since, no idea what it is

http://i1347.photobucket.com/albums/p710/invoked2/IMG_20130413_0003551_zps09cf9949.jpg

even stays on when i turn the car off

civicboy84
13-04-2013, 01:03 AM
immobiliser isnt it....thats what mine is

blu
13-04-2013, 05:26 AM
try removing the negative of your battery for 15 seconds,, then start it just let it be for 15 mins with all doors close(open 1 window so you wont lock the keys inside),AC off and radio off,, this is like a reset for your ECU i have learned this at he honda dealer ship i work before..hope it will help

Daveho1
13-04-2013, 05:45 AM
dunno if its the same on ek but on the eg pulling the neg cable dosnt reset the ecu, to reset the ecu you need pull a fuse or two to ensure it has no power and remove the negitive terminal about 10 seconds is all it takes

dahondr98
13-04-2013, 07:28 AM
I’m pretty sure, having owned an EK4 since new, that that light is an aftermarket light. That’s where my aftermarket alarm light is fitted, that only comes on and starts flashing when I shut the door and press the remote to turn the alarm on and lock the car. Mine didn't have a light there until I got the alarm installed.

So chances are, if you have an alarm, something has happened to that on the way home, perhaps caused by hitting a bump and vibrating a wire loose or something – if the alarm siren’s not screaming at you, you can always try and reset it by taking a battery lead off for a while and then putting it back on. It could also be an aftermarket immobiliser light, as civicboy84 said, but seeing as it didn’t suddenly stop the car when you were driving home, it obviously didn’t operate the immobiliser, although it may just interrupt the starter motor solenoid circuit, and you won’t know until you try to start the car again. I don’t see why you would need an aftermarket immobiliser – all Australian-delivered EK Civics have immobilisers as standard, and they don’t operate any lights when they operate – they just flash a light (green?? light with a key indicator) on the dash when you remove the key, to tell you they are on, after you switch off.

It probably depends on what it’s for as to what it means – mine flashes funny codes after the alarm is set off to tell you which door or sensor was tripped – last time was when it was being serviced, and the woman who went to get my car from the dealer car park afterwards for me opened the door without turning the alarm off – as she said, at least I know the alarm works well after she tested it for me!:rolleyes:

invoked
13-04-2013, 01:36 PM
Just checked this morning and the light is still on. First time i've ever seen this light turn on and it def cant be alarm because the car didn't come with one. Car still drives and starts fine. Havnt bothered to go through the wiring to see what it is yet

Doch-vtec
13-04-2013, 03:15 PM
Try checking d wires on d light could be shorting out