PDA

View Full Version : Losing power over 4500rpm

thomwootton19
16-04-2013, 12:52 AM
for some reason when the car revs over roughly 4500rpm it can be ticably felt that it isnt pulling like it was before that mark

car is serviced etc but has 180xxx on the clock.

could it be injector issues?

Any response is welcome

curtis265
16-04-2013, 01:05 AM
Got a few questions:
Is ur bum really dirty? and more importantly, is the back of your car all black?? in which case.. you're probably running rich - check air filter.

check your ignition system as well, perhaps it's misfiring - can you hear anything funny? Are you using the right fuel?

If you suspect injectors run some injector cleaner through the fuel system

What engine?

ChaosMaster
16-04-2013, 09:18 AM
I'm guessing K24 since this is the Euro forum, unless OP got lost.

Does your car have a tune on it? Have you been using quality oil? VTC gear is pretty sensitive to good oil.

HunterZero
16-04-2013, 11:32 AM
Did you run E10 through it? If you did, it may be running rough because the E10 can dislodge deposits in the fuel system and clog things up. Also could be bad fuel. Has the problem persisted over more than 1 tank?

Ultrasonic bath for injectors may help if injectors are dirty, or upper engine cleaner. When were the spark plugs last replaced? It could also be an ignition coil problem.

- HZ

ChaosMaster
16-04-2013, 12:29 PM
Did you run E10 through it? If you did, it may be running rough because the E10 can dislodge deposits in the fuel system and clog things up. Also could be bad fuel. Has the problem persisted over more than 1 tank?

Ultrasonic bath for injectors may help if injectors are dirty, or upper engine cleaner. When were the spark plugs last replaced? It could also be an ignition coil problem.

- HZ

Easiest way to check this would be to pull the sparks out and see how dirty they are.

thomwootton19
16-04-2013, 10:49 PM
thanks everyone!

i have never put anything lower than 95 through it and only use that if im desperate to get me by till i get time to get to a 98 pump.
Yeah its a k24, my oil is a question mark, i have faith in my mechanic. might do it myself next time and use something really premium. will check fuel filter, coil packs, sparkies etc this weekend and get back to you guys. it happens intermittently but i think it may be related to bad fuel because it dosnt happen with a full tank of shell etc. Thanks heaps guys!

Jasemas
17-04-2013, 12:20 AM
Shell V-Power =/= VTEC fluid:P

mrgu
18-04-2013, 09:42 AM
Just service it regularly.. Start mod ur euro btw is a quick fix