PDA

View Full Version : whistle noise on skunk2 IM

maaaaark
16-04-2013, 05:06 PM
wassup fellas.. ive been living with this for quite sometime. I have this whistle going on everytime i rev or accelerate. At first i thought it was my intake so i took it off and put the stock back in but the sound is still there.. so i took the intake off and drove without any, found that it came from inside the skunk2 IM. i dont know if its a resonance thing or leak or something. Ive done a smoke test before to check for leaks cause atm im still having hunting issues and im leaning to believe that the hunting is because the car isnt tuned yet but anyway didnt find any leaks. and if u think the whistle is from the belt youre wrong, i got that ruled out already. belt is fine as.

the im is port matched, the whistle probably comes at a certain angle of the throttle plate. im a 100% certain its from the im with other cases of such on other forums.

s

2MPRS
16-04-2013, 07:56 PM
its a very common thing nothing wrong with it skunk2 intakes just whistle

EKVTIR-T
16-04-2013, 07:58 PM
Also saw this on a d15b with oem setup..

jayeg
16-04-2013, 08:43 PM
^me 2

maaaaark
17-04-2013, 10:28 PM
isnt it annoying lol

EKVTIR-T
17-04-2013, 10:33 PM
I guess get a buddy to step on the gas over and over and you can use mechanic stethoscope to pinpoint the exact place its happening

http://www.northerntool.com/images/product/images/160875_lg.jpg

if its on the edge of throttle plate,maybe slightly filing the edge could eliminate it..not sure

bennjamin
18-04-2013, 07:30 AM
Clearly throttle body gasket or internal part is causing interference to the flow
Either deal with it or take apart and as others said find the burr or bit and smooth it off

maaaaark
18-04-2013, 05:47 PM
it may be because the last year the TB was replaced with a stock one .The aftermarket blox that was there before was port matched therefore the two dont match anymore... IM bore is bigger than the stock...guessing..just a theory.

bennjamin
19-04-2013, 10:52 AM
it may be because the last year the TB was replaced with a stock one .The aftermarket blox that was there before was port matched therefore the two dont match anymore... IM bore is bigger than the stock...guessing..just a theory.

Sounds a good theory. Most likely what it is !