PDA

View Full Version : Information on dc2r

tramosaur
23-03-2005, 10:14 PM
hey all

im newb so dont flame. i just made the mistake of posting in articles/reviews and i loss my original post :(

anyway, currently looking at buying either a dc2r or a 5g prelude in the honda range. got a few questions on dc2r (done a search, came up with some info but not all..)
1. anybody got pics of stock (body wise) dc2rs, including interior (most important)
2. dc2r rims are 16" right? does dc2r have racing pedals (ie. metal)
3. 1/4mile and 0-100 times please
4. comfort wise how good is the dc2r? enough space for ppl in the back?
5. any problems that people have encountered with the dc2r?
6. is the stock exhaust loud and sound tough? would i need to buy an expensive (like apexi n1) exhaust for it to sound good? i have heard a lot of integra type rs with exhausts but around high revs it sounds really bad

EDIT: ALSO DOES DC2R HAVE AIRBAGS?
thanks for the help.

zco
23-03-2005, 10:18 PM
3. can be searched up in google. im sure of it.
5. any examples you wanna name? questions abit broad.
6. stock IMO, is not loud.

look on clubrsx. and ask there for more answers. as for the other queestions, i dont know

DaPlaya
23-03-2005, 10:37 PM
1. www.carsales.com.au -> Integra Type R
2. dc2r rims are not 16' but 15'.
3. From what i've gathered, 0-100kmph in 6-7 sec and 1/4 mile in about 14.7-15.1
4. While the ITR was not designed for "comfort' in mind, I personally didn't find it uncomfortable - depends on what u find comfortable - bearing in mind that this is a sports coupe
5. Don't know
6. Not loud at all - and the only bad sounding ITR's ive heard sounded bad at low revs but at high revs exhaust note becomes aggressively high piched IMO

Hope i was of any help :)

hong_ung
23-03-2005, 10:57 PM
4. Im nearly 100 kgs and i find the ITR more comfy than my Camry, seats hold u snuggly and i like it - just imagine humphrey bear huggin you, and has enuff room for 2 average size adult at the back (asians are small!) ehhehe

5. Depends on how the car was treated, every car is different

6. doesn't sound loud, but still pretty nice soudning for a stocki

faijai
23-03-2005, 11:55 PM
interior and exterior pics can be found here http://www.angelfire.com/oz2/2mprss/deniz/
hope fly vti dont mind me using. pretty sure the interior is 100% dc2r.
For rims i have had 18's, 17's and now bakc to 15' stocks. going back to stocks wa sby far the best thing ive done. hehe. does so much difference on handling and the way the car takes off. Also i get stupid rattle sounds inside my cabin but ive kinda gotten use to it.
Comfort wise the dc2r is not the most luxurious but wasnt intended to be. It has no sound deadening so it will tend to be quiet loud with exhauts. Common problems tend to be crunching of the gearbox so i suggest regulair oil changes since it is a common problem on b series motors.
The stock exhaust has a nice deep tone form aorund the 3000rpm mark. has a nice deep grunty sound. Quiet at itle. but on vtec is not excessvely loud.

Q_ball
23-03-2005, 11:59 PM
well said LA faijai lol

tramosaur
24-03-2005, 12:54 AM
yeah the sound deadening thing pisses me off :S