PDA

View Full Version : EK interior light wiring help

dave_biscuits
19-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Hi all,

Just wondering if someone might be able to help point me in the right direction here.

I'm trying to wire up a relay to my interior light to power some LED footwell lights in my 99 EK1 CXi.

Frustratingly enough, I've already spent a few hours with a multimeter poking around trying to find a wire to use around the radio / fusebox. (i note that the '99-00 doesnt have the whole interior light / aftermarket radio wiring issue).

The door switches don't help, they seem to read 12v (door closed) and then 0v opened (grounded).

I'm trying not to pull my entire roof lining out to run a wire to the actual dome light... any other (easier) suggestions?

Thanks!

PHO
19-04-2013, 03:05 PM
Get ur drivers side a pillar trim off. Get rid of some plastic wire protector. Theres a 12v in there that turns on when interior light is on. I forgot the colour. But you can take out ur ceiling light (unplug) and from the plug. Use multimeter. Black to chassis as ground and close the door. Note down which wire doesnt have a 12v when door is close (there are two wires, constant 12v and 12v when door open)

Double check this is right one by opening door. It should go 12v. Note down that colour. And look for that colour in the a pillar drivers side. Tap into that. Ground ur footwell lights. Volia :)

dave_biscuits
19-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Thanks pho, ill give that a shot :)

dorikin
19-04-2013, 04:58 PM
I think it's white/red

But double check, I could be wrong