PDA

View Full Version : That strange smell

stevo1210
19-04-2013, 11:32 PM
Hi everyone,

Not sure if this belongs in the lounge or this section but anyway here goes. I sent my car in to the Honda dealer to get some items installed (fog lights) and checked on. I sent in a clean car which smelt nice and plasticky. I get my car back, and it smells slightly like food. It smells like hamburger or so to say. I start up the AC and it's blowing out hamburger odour! What the???
I used the AC in the morning before I sent it in and I swear it has never smelt like hamburger!
Checked the floor and the boot, no hamburger or remnants of a hamburger to be seen anywhere. Floors, seats and carpet are exceptionally clean just like how I took it in as well.

Now my brother agrees he can smell it too but my father says he smells new car smell on the other hand. Is my nose trolling me or is there really a hamburger hidden in my AC???

Yes I'm aware this is a strange thread but oh god I cant handle this hamburger smell. Wife suggested maybe the technician has bad BO/works in a chip shop and smell is from his clothes... plausible.

I've been to this dealer many times and very happy with their work, just not too keen that my car smells like food. But I cant fault the work they have done, its great!

Thanks.

eren
19-04-2013, 11:36 PM
LoL....
someone was 'eating out' in your car.
http://t.qkme.me/3og5sd.jpg

what you can do is run the A/C fans up all the way and make sure outside air is on and spray Glen20 to the vents near the windscreen wipers .
do it for about 2-5mins and spray some in the car. that should kill the odurs.

lolmclol
20-04-2013, 12:34 AM
Buy a spray and do the cabin filter

Rage King
25-04-2013, 11:50 PM
Change your AC/Heater blower filter panel.

Prob has rotten food particles stuck on it..