PDA

View Full Version : Setting RPM for tacko

[M*]
23-03-2005, 11:39 PM
Hello Honda lovers,
Alright guy first of all i just have to ask dont flame me for driving a auto, second of all dont flame me for turboing that auto.

ok heres the story

i have recently brought a turbo kit from Weq and is about to install it. So i have gone out and brought a few thing eg boost gauge etc etc. I recently got a turbo time with a built in Tacho.

Now the timer requires me to set up the tacho by steping on the accelecrator and keeping it at 3000 rpms. and pushing a few buttons.

My question is how the hack am i suspose to do that if i do not have a tacho in the first place..??
any ideas anyone...??

Q_ball
23-03-2005, 11:52 PM
monster tacho?

|N|
23-03-2005, 11:53 PM
um....u need a tacho

Spoon-Accord
24-03-2005, 12:06 AM
buy a monster tacho.. like an autometer :D

Kenny

KB
24-03-2005, 12:40 AM
If your car has a aftermarket muffler for noise. Find someone with the same car/same engine and also with a muffler and a tacho.

Get them to rev to 3000rpm. There exhuast will emit a certain frequency.

Then you rev your car up slightly and listen to the frequecy of yours. As your cars 'note' approaches car b's 'note' youw will here beats.
Which are when two different waves intersect and constructivly and destructivly interfear with each other to produce a a sound like(woowoowoowoo)
As the two frequencies approach each other you will here less beats/second, like(wooooowooooowoooooo). Finally when you here no beats(woooooooooooooooooo) both cars have the same frequency thus you will be at 3000rpm.

NOTE: This may only work if cars have very simular exhuast systems.

My god I wish I wasn't a freak

- KB

|N|
24-03-2005, 12:43 AM
If you car has a aftermarket muffler for noise. Find someone with the same car/same engine and also with a muffler and a tacho.

Then you rev your car up slightly and listen to the frequecy of yours. As your cars 'note' approaches car b's 'note' youw will here beats.
Which are when two different waves intersect and constructivly and destructivly interfear with each other to produce a a sound like(woowoowoowoo)
As the two frequencies approach each other you will here less beats/second, like(wooooowooooowoooooo). Finally when you here no beats(woooooooooooooooooo) both cars have the same frequency thus you will be at 3000rpm.

- KB

sounded a bit of a dodgy way man...

KB
24-03-2005, 12:44 AM
Prove Me Wrong.

MoonSha
24-03-2005, 02:21 AM
Even the slightest difference in the mufflers/fuel/air speed/ engine will make the exhaust sound different, I think borrowing a monster tach off somebody and ghetto installing it (plug it in and let it hang out of the engine bay through your drivers window) would be a better option.

[M*]
24-03-2005, 11:12 AM
haha KB i was thinking that as well... but i mean the timer just needs it for a safty feature... its to design to stop count down if what ever reason the rpm gose over 3k or something.. so its no big deal if its a bit off...

heist
24-03-2005, 12:33 PM
i think i have a spare shitty tacho somewhere u can borrow...r u in syd?

Spoon-Accord
24-03-2005, 01:08 PM
seriously..

ask someone out there.. with the same engine as u wat there redline is lolz

its simple as that man

then u just set the shift light on ur monster tacho..

no need to listen to exhaust and hear woowoowoowoo or other shit

Kenny

[M*]
24-03-2005, 06:25 PM
yeah im in sydney and its not a monster tacho man its just a little turbo timer with a uilt in tacho who said anything about a monster tacho??

your the only one Spoon-Accord that has said anything about a monster tacho if your going to just talk to yourself go start up another Thread and kock yourself out...

garett
24-03-2005, 06:45 PM
NA is best

sesshoumaru
24-03-2005, 09:16 PM
If your car has a aftermarket muffler for noise. Find someone with the same car/same engine and also with a muffler and a tacho.

- KB

LOL WTF??? :confused:

anyway, man just go buy a cheap small analogue tacho... they aren't that expensive.. when you're done throw it away or sell it ;P

[M*]
24-03-2005, 09:24 PM
yeah i tried to look for one the cheapest was atleast $150 i mean DAME....

[M*]
24-03-2005, 09:27 PM
i mean i only need it for maybe 5 mins at most.... hardly seems worth it

unless some kind honda loving best friend to be is willing to come to my house in Carlton near Hurstville in sydney for me to use their tacho for like 5 mins... that would be really cool...