PDA

View Full Version : central locking problems

bumpy1
24-03-2005, 12:04 AM
i didnt want to hijack azurenights thread so....

In my em1, the central locking sometimes locks/unlocks. At other times the motor wont lock/unlock the car, so i have to manually stick my car key into the door (no im not lazy) but its driving me nuts coz it should work. I had this same problem in my EG hatch (which i just put up with) and my friend with a ek civic is having the same problem. Ive got a boomerang alarm, my mate and my old eg hatch had a normal alarm (different brands).

Im not sure if i need to replace my central locking door motor thingy, but i did take off the door trim and looked at the motor whilst trying to unlock/lock my car with my alarm and it did look like the motor was struggling and sometimes it wouldn't even move and made this weird noise. Does anybody know how long these things should last for? or if it could be another problem?

I know i can go and buy a new motor and rewire etc or bring it to someone to look at but i dont wanna waste money just yet.

Any feedback would be great!!!!!

[stealth]
24-03-2005, 12:09 AM
yeah I had the same problem too a while back.. but a new motor on the drivers side door.. managed to fix it all up....

why dont u tell Leon to look at it?

bumpy1
24-03-2005, 12:14 AM
yeah i was going to call leon up cos he installed my boomerang, but it cost like a $100 bucks or so for this stupid motor. just thought i could save a few bucks. guess i'll need to get a new motor then!!!!! :(

[stealth]
24-03-2005, 12:16 AM
no way... motor for $100.. is it jsut some generic central locking kit you have.. I remembered I payed $30 or so(from memory I THINK hehe).... but then again I was looked after with the boys at GT autosound...

:) :thumbsup:

bumpy1
24-03-2005, 12:29 AM
']no way... motor for $100.. is it jsut some generic central locking kit you have.. I remembered I payed $30 or so(from memory I THINK hehe).... but then again I was looked after with the boys at GT autosound...

:) :thumbsup:

i use to get george and theo to do things on my EG hatch but george is a slack asssssss. hehe maybe i should give him a call cos $30 compared to $100 is a damn big difference!

[stealth]
24-03-2005, 12:37 AM
yeah definetely give them a call.. they will do it cheaper for sure hehe

:)

dorikin
24-03-2005, 12:48 AM
$10 tops mate
go to jaycar
it might just be out of position so check the little clamp that holds the actuator to the door lock.

bumpy1
24-03-2005, 11:38 PM
was thinking of going to jaycars but dont you need to no if the motor is positive or negatively triggered or something like that? how do u test to see which one it is?

dorikin
24-03-2005, 11:53 PM
If your car already has standard central locking.. and you got the alarm fitted with keyless entry then you just have a slave actuator in the drivers door. 2 wires, positive and negative

bumpy1
28-03-2005, 10:54 PM
me and my mate have figured out the problem. we noticed that when it's hot weather the central locking doesnt work and when its cold its all fine. supposedly weather affects the connection.

one of the connections wasnt done properly when the alarm was installed originally so we just fixed that up and made sure that it wouldn't come loose again.

now its all good!!!!!

DannyB
29-03-2005, 01:20 AM
good to hear....i was gonna say mayb the arm was gettin caught somewhere, it happened with mine a few times i've got a blackwidow alarm ....and i thought it was that but it turns out the arm part wasn't hooked up good and just couldn't pull or push the lock, just relocated it and everythin is cool ....glad to see ya fixed it though man!

aStRooo
29-03-2005, 10:32 PM
hey bob fix mine too yo...

[stealth]
30-03-2005, 12:03 PM
ok.. another issue.. incase some people experience it also... dunno if its weather related but sometimes.. when i start the car etc.. and then auto-lock kicks in.. I hear this lil rubber kinda noise.. like a small eeek.. happens occasionally tho..

anyone got any idea?