PDA

View Full Version : Website up and running

chez00
23-04-2013, 09:21 AM
Hi everyone,

We've got the first version of our website up. It has a nice little tech section for those who are interested in some of our services such as shot peening and isotopic super-finishing.

www.neatgearboxes.com.au

Thanks, and have a great day.

na-118
23-04-2013, 04:27 PM
you build th400s?

chez00
23-04-2013, 06:59 PM
you build th400s?

I don't build them presently but I can peen and polish the sun/planet gear sets, ring gears, shaft splines etc. This bears the same benefits as for manual gears: at least 30% stronger, less friction, lower operating temperatures and more power to the wheels. PM if you're interested in pricing.

90LAN
23-04-2013, 07:11 PM
nice informative web page mate

mocchi
23-04-2013, 09:05 PM
how many degrees celcius does it lower gearbox fluid temperature using ISF treatment?

chez00
23-04-2013, 10:00 PM
how many degrees celcius does it lower gearbox fluid temperature using ISF treatment?

Hi Mocchi,
Probably the most comprehensive test was where ISF gear sets were tested in a lab situation over 200 hour-runs, with torque applied throughout all normal ranges, and compared back to back with non-ISF treated gear sets on the same transmission test bed. They found a 5 degree Celcius decrease in temperature across the range regardless of torque, along with a 7Db reduction in noise: two key indicators of a more efficient drivetrain. You can find that paper here: http://www.cryogenicsuperfinish.com/pdf/AGMA%2006FTM02.pdf

While this was on a helicopter transmission, there is plenty of supporting evidence for this sort of figure to be the case on the track, although as you can imagine there are more variables outside the lab so it's very difficult to quantify all the contributing factors.

We're actually devising a test soon with dyno runs on the same dyno and no other modifications. We'll look for both an increase in power/torque, as well as have thermocouples in the fluid while running at a specified torque range. We'll measure the ambient temperature and look for variations. Obviously once I have the results I'll put them up, it's still a couple of months away. Not enough hours in the day!