PDA

View Full Version : CL9 or CU2

axispower
30-04-2013, 10:50 AM
In terms of looks (only) which do you prefer?

A clean CL9 or a clean CU2?

Optional: Include pics and reasons why.
Optional: 25 words or less.

ChaosMaster
30-04-2013, 12:19 PM
Personally, CL9. Looks better IMO. This varies person to person. It's lighter as well, by over 100kg.
Realistically, go CU2. It's got more space, is newer and interior is vastly updated (not that the CL9 was bad to begin with). And although it weighs a lot more, and utilises the same/carry over drivetrain, I think the final ratio is shorter meaning acceleration is about the same anyways.

axispower
30-04-2013, 12:33 PM
most people i know say the CL9 looks better... I have a CL9 but sometimes I feel like I have a small willy when I drive past a CU2, any CU2.

EKVTIR-T
30-04-2013, 12:49 PM
CL9 has that something special about its style,however the CU2 just looks like Falcon Camry Kia..

HunterZero
30-04-2013, 01:47 PM
CL9 is a much cleaner looking car, and the rear boot/lights design is particularly nice. CU2 isn't bad looking, but has too many fussy panel lines. Plus the modulo aero bodykit on a CU2 makes it look like a Camry/Aurion.

- HZ

axispower
30-04-2013, 01:48 PM
yeah my brother says the same thing. says it looks like a holden/ford at a quick, first glance

Phoebus
30-04-2013, 04:39 PM
CL9, obviously. 'till I buy a CU2 then the CU2 will look better.
Though I will probably skip the CU2 and keep the CL9 for quite a while.

axispower
30-04-2013, 08:19 PM
Yeah I'll probably do the same. Though, I wouldn't want to keep it longer than 2 more years... but we'll see.

mrgu
30-04-2013, 11:42 PM
Cl9 tail looks better and cu2 front wins

dirlok
01-05-2013, 09:27 AM
CL9 - not just because I have one. Its always looked aggressive and stylish. The rear of the CL9 when lightly lowered on fatter rims with decent camber looks amazing.

http://rthirtytwotaka.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/full-of-camber.jpg

Snoop_gee
01-05-2013, 10:23 AM
Okay this will be tough because.

I know fine examples in both CL9 And CU2.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8403/8691626359_0bdc6f52dc_b.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/168280_249279135216106_1497870473_n.jpg

It really depends on what you like as appose to what others say.
Both these images above were at a recent Melb Meet, both were static meaning coilovers and not bags. Both in black and looking mightyy fineeeee :cool:

If its performance the Cu2 has been mention could be faster but the overall weight is heavier.
When i bought my white CL9 the seller was showing off to me the White CU2 he just picked up.

Odometer wise your likely to find a low k on a CU2 than a CL9.
Flip side to that is CL9 can be cheaper price wise than Cu2's.

Check all the options.
like does it have heated seats, sunroof, leather interior, satnav, rear park assist, rain sensing wipers.
See these are the things i think most people would look more so when comparing also.
A full optioned Cl9 is almost heading into the price of a Cu2. But then again the Cu2 might not have all the options.

As for aftermarket support on parts the AUS EURO facebook group. Has alot more CL9 stuff for sale and things than the Cu2. But dont let that put u off. Seek and ye shall find.

All the best man.
Both are great cars i reackon either way. :)

antony
01-05-2013, 10:37 AM
CU2 looks more modern than the CL9,BUT cl9 is STILL A GREAT LOOKING CAR.

axispower
01-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Those pics of the CU2 and the CL9 at that melbourne meet were fkn mad. And that slammed one with the acura badge was sick.

ExpressCoffee
01-05-2013, 04:25 PM
Personally, I was so hooked on getting a CL9 because they are a sweet car, especially for P platers.

Had elegant styling, potential to look aggressive and was an all around good car.

Then by chance I took a look at a CU2 and as soon as I sat in it I knew I wanted a CU2 instead.

The interior is vastly superior and the exterior is a lot more modern, but is subject to personal preference. The CU2 looks a lot, tougher but the CL9 has nice clean styling.

I'm happy with my baby;

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb58/frost_bite333/IMG_9390-Version2.jpg

xanctus
01-05-2013, 09:00 PM
You can't go wrong either way.
Agree with many above that CU2 is newer so, interior wise and maybe performance wise in the fuel consumption, CU2 will be better.
To me, CL9 is type of a lifetime style that it will stay last quite a while. (same like my opinion towards Accords 94-97; dunno the type).
But CU2 with a proper styling can be a HOTTIE looking car.

DreadAngel
01-05-2013, 09:04 PM
most people i know say the CL9 looks better... I have a CL9 but sometimes I feel like I have a small willy when I drive past a CU2, any CU2.

You need some:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1ua8d7YEtrM/ULZ8IAFZMqI/AAAAAAACBE0/6jQLVYuY0pE/s1600/fivehourgay.jpg

lol

axispower
01-05-2013, 11:39 PM
You need some:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1ua8d7YEtrM/ULZ8IAFZMqI/AAAAAAACBE0/6jQLVYuY0pE/s1600/fivehourgay.jpg

lol

fkn oath I need dat.

theDONI142
02-05-2013, 09:26 AM
So I've been looking for a new car recently, and have settled on an Accord Euro.

Problem is, I have an under $20k budget and as much as I like the look of the cu2, a cl9 is so much more within my budget.

Would saving some money and buying a 2007 Accord Euro cl9 9 (with ridiculously low 44kms) be something I'd regret in the future? Would it be worth it to buy a cu2 outside of my budget (which would take me twice as long to pay back) be a better decision?

Opinions?

ExpressCoffee
02-05-2013, 10:54 AM
If you're smart, you can find cu2 lux's for right on the 20k mark and even slightly under mate

Jasemas
02-05-2013, 11:31 AM
You can't go wrong either way.
Agree with many above that CU2 is newer so, interior wise and maybe performance wise in the fuel consumption, CU2 will be better.
To me, CL9 is type of a lifetime style that it will stay last quite a while. (same like my opinion towards Accords 94-97; dunno the type).
But CU2 with a proper styling can be a HOTTIE looking car.

I'm on my second 94 Accord
And to me it has aged very well compared to other cars of the same time
Imo cl9 > cu2

Phoebus
02-05-2013, 04:21 PM
You can get a 2007 Lux Navi with ~50,000km for about $14,500. That's almost like a new car for a third of the price.

euro24L
20-05-2015, 11:40 PM
CU2 is nice but deep down I think I prefer the CL9.

CL9 positives:
Great looking front and sides, I really like the flush straight no fuss style of the front headlights. Looks better than most modern cards imo.
Nice quality interior, soft spongy plastics. Better quality than a VW Golf.
6 speed manual + that engine is brilliant. Who needs a V6?
Handles very well imo. Havent driven a CU2 though.

CL9 negatives:
Not a huge fan of the square rear lights, looks too much like those old camry's, needs a few more angles or diagonals or something. Looking at the rear, the Silver paint looks the worst in direct sunlight. Black and gunmetal look ok, White probably looks the best... its a personal thing I guess. Or perhaps I have a hatred for camry's lol
5sp Auto too slow, should have been a 6 speed auto. Same for CU2
Suspension is a bit too high. Dump the suspension a bit and it totally transforms the look of the car.

CU2 positives:
Rear looks better than the CL9's rear. Very nice indeed.
Looks a bit more modern overall.
Handling is better (apparently, havent driven one)
Appears to have lower suspension.
Beefier engine.
Updated center console, more features.

CU2 negatives:
Front and sides look too busy now, prefer the cleaner straight line design of the CL9.
Interior plastics are cheaper, side door plastics are rock hard now, Honda went backwards a bit, had a flashback of the Jazz interior for a moment when I sat in a CU2. CL9 has nice soft spongy plastics and better looking interior design overall.
Overall look of the car looks a bit bloated, looks like there is alot of air behind some of those panels. Excessive styling. At least Honda didn't go for that awful style the new Mazda's have now where the front wheel wells slope back like a classic vintage car.
Heavier than CL9.

So yeah, my ideal Euro would be to cut off the rear of a CL9, pop on the rear of a CU2, give the CL9 the CU2 suspension and engine.
Such a shame the TSX is discontinued, was looking forward to the 3rd gen Euro... My CL9 has high KM's so now considering an Audi or VW as a replacement.

Jasemas
21-05-2015, 09:20 AM
CU2 is nice but deep down I think I prefer the CL9.

CL9 positives:
Great looking front and sides, I really like the flush straight no fuss style of the front headlights. Looks better than most modern cards imo.
Nice quality interior, soft spongy plastics. Better quality than a VW Golf.
6 speed manual + that engine is brilliant. Who needs a V6?
Handles very well imo. Havent driven a CU2 though.

CL9 negatives:
Not a huge fan of the square rear lights, looks too much like those old camry's, needs a few more angles or diagonals or something. Looking at the rear, the Silver paint looks the worst in direct sunlight. Black and gunmetal look ok, White probably looks the best... its a personal thing I guess. Or perhaps I have a hatred for camry's lol
5sp Auto too slow, should have been a 6 speed auto. Same for CU2
Suspension is a bit too high. Dump the suspension a bit and it totally transforms the look of the car.

CU2 positives:
Rear looks better than the CL9's rear. Very nice indeed.
Looks a bit more modern overall.
Handling is better (apparently, havent driven one)
Appears to have lower suspension.
Beefier engine.
Updated center console, more features.

CU2 negatives:
Front and sides look too busy now, prefer the cleaner straight line design of the CL9.
Interior plastics are cheaper, side door plastics are rock hard now, Honda went backwards a bit, had a flashback of the Jazz interior for a moment when I sat in a CU2. CL9 has nice soft spongy plastics and better looking interior design overall.
Overall look of the car looks a bit bloated, looks like there is alot of air behind some of those panels. Excessive styling. At least Honda didn't go for that awful style the new Mazda's have now where the front wheel wells slope back like a classic vintage car.
Heavier than CL9.

So yeah, my ideal Euro would be to cut off the rear of a CL9, pop on the rear of a CU2, give the CL9 the CU2 suspension and engine.
Such a shame the TSX is discontinued, was looking forward to the 3rd gen Euro... My CL9 has high KM's so now considering an Audi or VW as a replacement.

cu2 does not have a beefier engine
It's still virtually the same K24 with only few kws of power over the cl9
But the cu2 has gained over 150kgs over the cl9
So the engine upgrade is moot

antony
24-05-2015, 12:12 PM
euro24l the TSX has been replaced by the TLX for America,Canada,and Mexico.

The problem is that it is only being build in USA,and only in left hand drive,thats why we will not be getting it.

Rather get a Mazda or Toyota as a replacement,a VW or Audi will never be as reliable as your Euro.

Haanda
24-05-2015, 06:03 PM
I own a CU2 Lux, but if I wanted to buy an Accord to customise, lower etc, I would go for a CL9. For long distance comfy touring, the CU2.

I also agree with anthony above on overall reliability. Stick to Japanese over Euro stuff. Spare parts pricing is better and plenty of really good A.M. "go fast" goodies coming out of Japan for just about any of the Japanese makes.