PDA

View Full Version : Buying springs and shocks online

Rooster
03-05-2013, 09:18 PM
I want to buy Eibach springs with Blistein shocks online.
I had a look at Eibach AU and saw the B12 kit

http://www.eibachdirect.com/p/5522435/b12-pro-kit.html

Is this what I am after?
Also if someone could link something from the US at a cheaper price that would be great. Or is this a good price?

Thanks, not the most knowledgeable on this topic.

Rooster
03-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Just had a look at shox.com

They have Eibach springs with Koni shocks for much cheaper. http://www.shox.com/appguide/shoxshop/productsdisplay.php

Would number 034 be the right one?

Lazarus
03-05-2013, 10:34 PM
Try http://www.wholesalesuspension.com.au/

Heard good things, I'll prob have a look into them for my Eibach/Bilstein setup in the near future too !

Rooster
03-05-2013, 10:58 PM
Already have, I think he said $1900 bud
Might just get it installed there. Is there someone on this forum who does installation?

But if Koni yellows aren't really bad I might just order those

bennjamin
04-05-2013, 09:59 AM
try us eBay -

And I'll do the install in Sydney ;0)

Rooster
04-05-2013, 11:13 AM
The cheapest I could find is the Eibach Pro Kit + Koni Yellows at shox.com

$1048 US posted. Although I had a look at previous threads and some people got them for $900 delivered :/

Rudy
04-05-2013, 08:50 PM
I ordered eibachs and konis from shox.com as well last year..would def recommend. I got a custom eibach coilover sleeve + 4 koni shocks shipped for the same price as just the shocks here.

Rooster
04-05-2013, 08:54 PM
How much did you pay at the time?

Rudy
04-05-2013, 09:03 PM
It was like 1150 shipped. The shox site had a 20% discoun for konis at the time I think.

Rooster
04-05-2013, 09:32 PM
They have that same discount code on now.
Which delivery option did you choose? Since there was only UPS listed I had to email the guy and he said he can do $269 for priority mail.
BUT he won't let me use the 20% code as he says no discounts are available for the package....

Rudy
05-05-2013, 01:29 PM
My shipping was like 150 from memory..maybe its changed since then. I got the CU2 spec Konis with ground control kit and bought them separately (no package was offered)... that's why I got the discount I think because it was 20% off of Koni products only, whereas the package has Koni + Eibach product. But the package is already discounted price so it probably works out the same anyway.

Rooster
05-05-2013, 06:40 PM
Yeah I guess that makes sense.
Anyway I will just go with the Koni+Eibach pro kit or sportline kit.

Thanks for your input.

Fredoops
05-05-2013, 11:43 PM
the prices we are talking here are like more than Tein Street Basics/F7F etc coils shipped.

Rooster
06-05-2013, 08:34 AM
Don't want coilovers

Fredoops
06-05-2013, 12:18 PM
once you got both spring and shocks what's the difference?

just saying.

curtis265
06-05-2013, 12:25 PM
once you got both spring and shocks what's the difference?

just saying.
Perhaps legality issues with having an adjustable height?

Fredoops
06-05-2013, 12:28 PM
Perhaps legality issues with having an adjustable height?

Isnt Koni Sport shocks height adjustable up to an inch anyhow?

Rudy
06-05-2013, 02:53 PM
it is the same thing, you're right. It's just not a pre asssembled coillover. However, the quality is top notch, being 1 of the best shocks in the world. You can't really compare to Tein basic, especially since that has no dampening adjusting.

curtis265
06-05-2013, 03:08 PM

yes, but not on a screw thread

perhaps not as easily identifiable as a height adjustable

Rooster
06-05-2013, 09:26 PM
I'm not sure if I should lower the car first or get 18's on them first then lower...
The wheels I'm likely to get are 18x8 225/40/18
If I lower it first I will put the rear perch on lowest and front on second lowest most likely to eliminate wheel gap...
Then when I put the wheels on will it still fit?

Or get the 18's, then lower it and decide what perch height I want it at? I don't really know how to adjust it myself so would have to go back and get someone to do it.

Thoughts?

curtis265
06-05-2013, 09:28 PM
I'm not sure if I should lower the car first or get 18's on them first then lower...
If I lower it first I will put the rear perch on lowest and front on second lowest most likely to eliminate wheel gap...

Or get the 18's, then lower it and decide what perch height I want it at? I don't really know how to adjust it myself so would have to go back and get someone to do it.

Thoughts?

Depends on the offset.

also with lowering on perches you get discrete heights instead of fully adjustable - just another thing to consider.

Rooster
06-05-2013, 09:41 PM
Depends on the offset.

also with lowering on perches you get discrete heights instead of fully adjustable - just another thing to consider.

I think its 35 for the wheel I'm getting, not 100%
But I know around 45 is recommended,
What do you mean by discrete heights?
edit; the offset is 45 :)

curtis265
07-05-2013, 11:59 AM
I think its 35 for the wheel I'm getting, not 100%
But I know around 45 is recommended,
What do you mean by discrete heights?
edit; the offset is 45 :)

you'll need a euro expert to advise you on the fitments

discrete as in set heights/set values vs an infintely adjustable coil perch

Rooster
07-05-2013, 12:35 PM
Oh yes I realise that.

Black Euro
07-05-2013, 01:25 PM
Why dont u get Buddy Club coilovers from JDM yard
they selling it for 1299 !

Rooster
07-05-2013, 03:10 PM
Coilovers would sacrifice more ride comfort though right?
I don't want it to be as stiff, so I will have the Koni's on the softest setting first and see how that is.

curtis265
07-05-2013, 03:25 PM
Coilovers would sacrifice more ride comfort though right?
I don't want it to be as stiff, so I will have the Koni's on the softest setting first and see how that is.

konis on soft feels a tiny bit firmer than stock.

if you get street spec coilovers there's no reason they should be unbearably uncomfortable

Rooster
07-05-2013, 05:04 PM
I see, where's the cheapest place you could get them?

Is this what you're referring to?

http://performance.fulcrumsuspensions.com.au/tein-suspension-for/2002.10-2008.11-honda-accord-cl9-24tl,-24s,-24t/GSB48-11SS2

and http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TEIN-STREET-BASIS-DAMPER-COILOVERS-03-07-HONDA-ACCORD-4DR-4CYL-CM5-GSA50-1USS2-/171021446091?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AHonda%7CModel%3AAccord&hash=item27d1ac2bcb&_uhb=1

Black Euro
07-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Buddy Club come with dampening settings which allow you to set it to how stiff or soft you want it.

Rooster
07-05-2013, 06:00 PM
Ok my options are

1) Eibach/Koni combo
2) Function Type 1
3) Tein Street Basis

I want the cheapest option with close to stock ride comfort, don't mind a little more stuff but not too much that I regret the decision
Lowering mostly for the looks (hate the wheel gap) but also want better handling.

curtis265
07-05-2013, 06:41 PM
Buddy Club come with dampening settings which allow you to set it to how stiff or soft you want it.

will not compare to the koni range of adjustment.

Ok my options are

1) Eibach/Koni combo
2) Function Type 1
3) Tein Street Basis

I want the cheapest option with close to stock ride comfort, don't mind a little more stuff but not too much that I regret the decision
Lowering mostly for the looks (hate the wheel gap) but also want better handling.

If you're lowering for looks only why not just get springs?

Rooster
07-05-2013, 06:55 PM
Isn't it best to change the shocks as well though for a better ride?
I don't want something cheap either like kings.

Either way I've spoken to a couple of people regarding the Eibach/Koni setup and it is probably what I am after..

DreadAngel
07-05-2013, 07:41 PM
If the height you want is a slight lowering than stock [measure from ~top of shock top to middle of hub] and if you pick a rate near that of the factory spec then your stock shock have a better chance of dampening it and surviving longer, it still won't be as good as stock however.

It is best to upgrade both shocks and springs especially when there is a reasonable increase in spring rate and height difference.

Rooster
07-05-2013, 07:46 PM
Yeah I've decided I'm just going with the Eibach/Koni setup.

Gives a nice drop with better handling and still has some ride comfort.

ChaosMaster
07-05-2013, 08:17 PM

I can't remember where, but I recall it saying that people mis-interpret Koni's adjustment for height Adjustments. It wasn't designed for that specifically, the reason there is some play in height is so that it can fit a wider range of car and spring types. By adjusting the seat to an incorrect position, you risk possible damage, early failure and worse ride. What I mean by this is e.g. Stock Springs = 200mm in height, loaded in Stock Shocks the compressed height will be 180mm (again, random numbers I'm making up just for an example). With the Koni's though, because of the adjustable seat, you decide to lower it, thus meaning the height for Koni loaded with the stock springs will be 150mm, or 30mm lower than stocked. However, this also means the spring is more compressed than it's supposed to be, and also that shock will be under a much higher consistent load.

Back to OP's question though, the path I'm following to Springs first (Tein S Tech in my case) then shocks later (deciding between Koni Yellow or Blisten, struggling to find figures on their softest damper settings though....). My reasoning is, 1. I don't have that much money to spare, and 2. If the shocks are going to die anyways, why not wait till they are dying before changing? To me, it matter if the stock shocks die faster/earlier than it would normally, as I'm going to end out chucking them out regardless of if it's now or in 30 000km later.

Rooster
07-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Yeah I know what you mean, I have enough money (esp with anzac day hehe) so just got the package as it was discounted.

I'll let you know how the koni yellows are on full soft as that's how I'll be using them most likely.

ChaosMaster
08-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Yeah, please do report. I've heard a lot of good things about the ride on Blistens although that's in comparison to stock shocks with lowered springs (i.e. shocks not working as they should). I was looking at Tein Comfort Sport shocks, as their the only coilovers out there with a more comfy ride than even stock (OEM settings is pretty firm as it is, especially on 18's) but they're too expensive for me.

Black Euro
08-05-2013, 10:54 AM
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/heeltoe-automotive/49186-tein-ht-spec-megan-h-r-what-coilovers-should-you-get.html

have a read of that buddy, some of the coilovers give you the same comfort as stock if not smother and better than stock!
Either way best of luck and keep us posted!

daKIK
11-05-2013, 05:48 PM
How much for a set of Koni yellow or bilstein shocks if ur looking to buy locally?

daKIK
16-05-2013, 09:07 PM

Just wondering at what height is everyone running on their konis ?

Ill be using tanabe NF210 springs, which are supposed to drop the front a little more that the back to adjust the slightly larger gap at the front.

Im thinking of putting both the rear perch and front on second setting, just to get another 10mm drop or there abouts.
Would this be a good setting to have? What is everyones konis height set to?

Thanks

DreadAngel
16-05-2013, 09:10 PM
Height is subjective, generally you want to make sure you're not too low so the roll centre is off and you need to ensure the shocks have sufficient stroke to deal with undulations.

Apart from that, its more your damper settings than height you should be concerned about =)

Rooster
16-05-2013, 10:58 PM
Just wondering at what height is everyone running on their konis ?

Ill be using tanabe NF210 springs, which are supposed to drop the front a little more that the back to adjust the slightly larger gap at the front.

Im thinking of putting both the rear perch and front on second setting, just to get another 10mm drop or there abouts.
Would this be a good setting to have? What is everyones konis height set to?

Thanks

Well a lot of people with Eibach springs have positive rake, so I'll probably be putting the front in the middle perch and the rear on the bottom perch, with the softest setting set.

I spoke to a member here who has the same settings and has no problems whatsoever.

Still waiting for mine to arrive

daKIK
16-05-2013, 11:00 PM
Height is subjective, generally you want to make sure you're not too low so the roll centre is off and you need to ensure the shocks have sufficient stroke to deal with undulations.

Apart from that, its more your damper settings than height you should be concerned about =)

That sounds like jibberish to me, can u dumb it down for me?

Yeh that was my next question, a little firmer than stock seems to be popular among many people, I want a comfortable ride for everyday driving

daKIK
16-05-2013, 11:09 PM
Well a lot of people with Eibach springs have positive rake, so I'll probably be putting the front in the middle perch and the rear on the bottom perch, with the softest setting set.

I spoke to a member here who has the same settings and has no problems whatsoever.

Still waiting for mine to arrive

Thanks for the feedback! I thought the front had only 2 perches and the back has 3? Or am I mistaken?
Hopefully I can pick mine up tmrw from my supplier, and getting them fitted on the weekend.. Will report back

Rooster
16-05-2013, 11:11 PM
Then put it on the softest setting, it's a little firmer than stock but you still get some ride comfort.

The softest setting is recommended by Koni as well apparently.

edit; oh yeah it does I'm pretty sure (2 perches), I meant the bottom for both then lol

lilthug
16-05-2013, 11:14 PM
Already have, I think he said $1900 bud
Might just get it installed there. Is there someone on this forum who does installation?

But if Koni yellows aren't really bad I might just order those

you sure about that price mate??

that doesnt sound right

koni king combo shouldnt be that much from them

Rooster
16-05-2013, 11:16 PM
That was for Eibach and Blistein (or Koni) combo supply and fit, not kings.

mocchi
16-05-2013, 11:16 PM
you sure about that price mate??

that doesnt sound right

koni king combo shouldnt be that much from them

doesnt sound right at all, maybe it was some other shop
edit oh bilstein. damn good sussy

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/customavatars/avatar3334_10.gif

lilthug
17-05-2013, 05:17 PM
oh right

i didnt see a mention if fit with that quye

you must have gotten that quote awhile ago
as wholesale suspension does not do fitting anymore

they sold the workshop over xmas

Rooster
17-05-2013, 07:00 PM
It was only last month pretty sure :/

tony1234
22-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Yeah I've decided I'm just going with the Eibach/Koni setup.

Gives a nice drop with better handling and still has some ride comfort.
Wise man.You'll enjoy this setup.

Rooster
22-05-2013, 08:11 PM
I hope so! It arrived a couple of days ago, going to get ben to install it on Tuesday hopefully :)

Rooster
19-06-2013, 03:59 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?175668-Window-Visor&p=3761543#post3761543

Pics of Euro with everything done

axispower
19-06-2013, 04:04 PM
I really want to see that euro but there's a red 'x' where there should be a pic.