PDA

View Full Version : K20z4 Into Dc2 type R

gkB18Cr
04-05-2013, 12:29 AM
Hey Fellas,

Just purchased a k20z4 out of a 09 Fn2 Civic Type R and have plans to put it in my 01 Dc2 teg

Now i have heard a few good and bad things so far.

Good news is i have a fresh motor with 20xxxkms and a 6speed with LSD. (Lucky 09 model) Bad news is the K20z4 runs fly by wire and therefore i need to change TB, engine harness and wiring lume.

But a few people are concerning me with the shift motion on the z4 is backwards? and a general Hybrid racing Shifter kit with cables might not work. Running TSX? Accord? Cables is what i have been reading with Hybrid Shifter Box

Also another issue is the gearbox being abit different to the rest of the K20s has people telling me the K swap mounts might not bolt up properly and i might have a few dramas with it aswell? What Engine Mounts will work?

Wondering if anybody had any other info that could help

Much Appreciated, George

stndrd
04-05-2013, 07:43 AM
To get around the fly-by wire issue you can run the z4 OEM ecu with Hondata Flashpro if you dont want to change throttle body.

In regards to mounts, I am waiting on confirmation on Monday night from Hasport

Cartoon
04-05-2013, 07:56 AM
Mounts should be fine I have a fn2r box in my dc2.

Shifter motion can be fixed by modifying and changing the selector this will allow you to run a hybrid bolt in shifter and use reverse lock out. You will also need to fab a support for the bracket that holds the shifter cables in place at the gear box.

Benson
04-05-2013, 08:11 AM
Your right about changing the engine loom and t/b.

You will need a K20R engine harness and charge loom and adpat it onto the engine. Get a K20A T/B with all the sensors (tps, map and IACV)

With cables and box, get a set of euro cables and shifter box. K-tuned sell the v3 bracket to suit

Hasport mounts EGK1 will fit

The rest you will need to work out. Ive given you enough tips

gkB18Cr
04-05-2013, 11:00 PM
More than Enough help fellas. Much Appreciated

@Benson. Thanks Heaps Mate
Q. Wouldnt it be easier if i bought a Type S throttle body? Since its from the same Z Engine Family? And basically run the K20z1 setup of TB, Engine Harness and Wiring loom?
And what Shift Linkage with what bracket? am i ordering? lol. Apoligies

@Standard im in the same boat waiting from Hybrid racing reply Email lol

And Thats good to hear Cartoon. What Mounts are you using Buddy?

Cartoon
05-05-2013, 08:25 AM
EGK1 mounts from memory mate.

gkB18Cr
06-05-2013, 03:47 AM
Cheers Cartoon :)

Benson your Inbox is full but will definitely keep in touch

Thanks fellas