PDA

View Full Version : Both VSA and /!\ lights wont go away

Andy
05-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Hulo men, so recently* whenever I turn on my car on the /!\ light is always on and after a few minutes of normal driving the "VSA" light comes on and wont go away(and yes I have pressed the VSA button with no changes occurring). Also these the the only 2 lights that are coming on, No CEL lights...

After looking around on the internet I have found a few possibilities as to why the VSA and /!\ lights wont go away:
-Brake switch is faulty(This will be the case if your brake lights aren't working)
-Low engine oil
-Low brake fluid
-Horn fuse is blown
-APP sensor is faulty(however a CEL light will also illuminate and car will run sh!t)
-Wheel speed sensor(however the ABS light will also illuminate)
(I've checked my Euro and none of these possibilities seem to be it)

*The VSA and /!\ lights appeared after I had my cylinder head taken out for secret modifications and then put back in

Do you guys have any suggestions on what it could possibly be?

cheapdouchebag
05-05-2013, 05:46 PM
You're basically aiming in the dark hoping that sometime will troubleshoot you. Really, u need to get a reader to get the codes for it.

Get the code and we can diagnose

Andy
05-05-2013, 06:41 PM
I have flashpro and an OBDII code reader, both read that car doesn't have any codes.... and yes my CEL code readers do work as I have tested by taking out my MAP sensor and it has thrown a code. This issue of VSA lights illuminating and no codes is actually quite common

Example of a case with VSA /!\ lights with no CEL:
http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=673741

stndrd
05-05-2013, 09:56 PM
Vsa & "!" Light are connected to your body control module. Connecting an OBDII scanner or going thru Flashpro will only give you access to your ECU (Cel codes)

You will need someone with a proper scan tool ie: Ultrascan, Snap On Solus/Verus/Verdict etc or Honda Diagnostic Reader to gain access to the body control module

Fredoops
06-05-2013, 01:24 AM
Get a damn obd2 reader off eBay for $30 bucks and come back with the code.

Andy
06-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Get a damn obd2 reader off eBay for $30 bucks and come back with the code.

Mentioned in third post I already have one

Vsa & "!" Light are connected to your body control module. Connecting an OBDII scanner or going thru Flashpro will only give you access to your ECU (Cel codes)

You will need someone with a proper scan tool ie: Ultrascan, Snap On Solus/Verus/Verdict etc or Honda Diagnostic Reader to gain access to the body control module

Thanks for the info :)