PDA

View Full Version : got a scare

garett
24-03-2005, 07:21 PM
today i was driving to uni
i was on an open road just near my destination when all of a sudden the car began to run and idle like a pig
i rolled to the set of lights in neutral the car was idling dangerously low and i was cursing, i immediately thought either fuel or vacum or computer playing with the air fuel mix

i managed to bunny hop the rest of the way and into a car park as i couldnt rev the engine past 1000rpm and black smoke was spewing from the arse

i opened the bonnet looking for problems when i noticed the vacum hose which runs to the denso map sensor had come undone. i immediately pluged it back in and started the car without an issue and it revved again and idled like a princess i was psyched, i drove it the rest of the way to uni (about 500 meters) and parked the car i left it all day and drove it home again this afternoon, the entire time i was driving i was parinoid that the car was running incorrectly and felt sluggish, i couldnt determine whether it was running poorly or i was simply being stupid.
when i got home i cable tied the vacum hose on tightly so it wouldnt happen again and to me it felt even better than when i got it

could even the slightest leak of a tiny vacum hose make a difference, it has always been connected but if not connected properly or tightly would it make a difference????

garett
24-03-2005, 07:23 PM
its a b16a2 by the way

:wave:

garett
25-03-2005, 02:32 PM
bump

aimre
25-03-2005, 11:22 PM
OMG the exact same thing happened tonight with me at work.
i work at dominos and i thought i wrecked the car (ive hit the rev limiter a few times and often change at 6-7k) which is an echo. ppulled over poped the bonnet, and noticed the vacuum hose come off, cable tied it back on when i got back to work (i had cable ties in my car which was parked at dominos.

as long as no air is coming out there wont be a diffrence, if there is, it would affect it. just listen for leaks

crispy
28-03-2005, 07:02 PM
Scary man.. Ill remember this in future i think. Saves me from shitting myself when it happens

Steer^Gimic
28-03-2005, 07:05 PM
garett you are my mentor

crispy
28-03-2005, 07:06 PM
lol.. Thats going straight to his head..lol

garett
29-03-2005, 12:11 PM
you need a mentor johnny

why am i your mentor ?