PDA

View Full Version : New Clutch Fork Boot

sebtoombs
08-05-2013, 04:26 PM
Hey boys and girls, does anybody have any idea where I can find a new clutch fork boot? I'm talking about the rubber boot that stops dirt getting into the transfer case where the clutch fork goes in. I can't find anything on the internet machine; maybe I'm not searching for the right thing?

I need a new one as mine has split, dirt has got in, and ultimately, my release bearing has failed.

Edit: I'd prefer one locally as I'm in a bit of a hurry, and I'd rather not go to honda if I can help it... This may be an impossible situation, I know.

Edit 2: Its for an EK4 B16A2 (if that makes any difference....)

Cheers

grifty
09-05-2013, 03:27 PM
Honda is the only place where you would be able to purchase it.

chez00
09-05-2013, 05:47 PM
I think I've got one I'll check tomorrow.

sebtoombs
09-05-2013, 08:21 PM
Ok, cheers guys.

chez00 - If you've got one that would be mad

I looked today at all the oem honda parts places in the states. They have them, but for some reason none of them ship internationally anymore? I got a quote from one of those parcel forwarding places and they wanted like $50 minimum to post a small rubber boot... so thats stupid.

I emailed my local honda dealer today (they're useless on the phone; got no idea what they're doing), so I'll see what they say. US places were like $11 for the boot. So I'm expecting something like $50 from my local dealer....

chez00
10-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Ok, cheers guys.

I looked today at all the oem honda parts places in the states. They have them, but for some reason none of them ship internationally anymore? I got a quote from one of those parcel forwarding places and they wanted like $50 minimum to post a small rubber boot... so thats stupid.

I emailed my local honda dealer today (they're useless on the phone; got no idea what they're doing), so I'll see what they say. US places were like $11 for the boot. So I'm expecting something like $50 from my local dealer....

Sorry thought I had one but I must have sold it. I'm putting in an order over the weekend and can add it to the order if you get stuck. I see parts in 2 weeks from the order. $14.30 + freight ($6.60 anywhere in Aus). let me know by tomorrow arvo if you want it.

grifty
10-05-2013, 11:51 PM
Ok, cheers guys.

try hondapartsdirect.com

I would expect around $30-40 from your local dealer.

IEVAQ8
11-05-2013, 08:00 AM
I got a couple.lying around...
$20 ill even post it for ya...
Pm me if interested