PDA

View Full Version : Ground control coilover sleeves have arrived.

__arjay__
24-03-2005, 07:27 PM
Hey guys.

I just got my Ground control coilover sleeves for my 91 Integra LS DA9!

They were shipped from the US through ebay :D from a member kurumamotoring.

They were sent on the Wed the 16th and i received them today. Not too bad!!

Well anyways for people who dont know what they are. They are a coilover sleeve, so you can put them on almost any shock/strut. They come with eibach springs and are adjustable from 0.5" - 3.5"

Here are a few pics. ARENT THEY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
http://members.westnet.com.au/intencity/images/Gen2Teg/Ground%20Control%201.jpg

http://members.westnet.com.au/intencity/images/Gen2Teg/Ground%20Control%202.jpg

HRV-80Y
24-03-2005, 07:32 PM
DAMN ! they look elite...

faijai ! save u clown get sumtn like those.... !

__arjay__
24-03-2005, 07:34 PM
Oh forgot to mention price.

They are $250 US and it costed me $100 US shipping.

So roughly $450 all up.

Gunna put them on stock shocks/struts on the weekend. Bit scared about the longativity of the struts but they should be okay for a lil while :P

joneblaze
25-03-2005, 04:33 PM
Let us know how the fitment and ride comfort/quality is...

Interested to know a little more about this seemingly "less dodgy" USDM "coilovers"....

They're rampant over on the H-T forums....

LO_N_SXC
25-03-2005, 06:45 PM
looking good Mang! let me know how they handle n stuff! BTW: are you gonna get some new shocks to match coz I know I would if I where you......

keep me posted.

Alex

__arjay__
26-03-2005, 02:55 PM
Okayyyy..

I have just put the coilovers on. Took a few times adjusting them to the right size. Its quite convenient coz all i need to do to adjust height is jack up the car, no need to even remove tyre, then reach behind, undo the clamp and start spinning it to the right size. Re-tighten, unjack and your done!

Started at 8:30am finished now.. which is almost 1pm.

The gap from body and tyre is 2fingers all the way around. Im hoping it doesnt go lower again after i start driving. So i havent driven yet and im going to test them out on STOCK struts. I'll be upgrading to Koni yellows in a few months so dont worry.

Wish me luck!

__arjay__
26-03-2005, 03:04 PM
Oh.. I just took some quick pics.

http://members.westnet.com.au/intencity/images/Gen2Teg/GC%20-%20Front.jpg

http://members.westnet.com.au/intencity/images/Gen2Teg/GC%20-%20Rear.jpg

http://members.westnet.com.au/intencity/images/Gen2Teg/GC%20-%20Teg.jpg

joneblaze
26-03-2005, 04:45 PM
Nice height drop...
Your springs should sag/settle in a little more over the next few hundred km's...

FR33K
26-03-2005, 04:49 PM
you can go lower then that ;)
i know u want to !!

__arjay__
26-03-2005, 10:18 PM
yehh they have settled a little... the rear look pretty much the same but the front has dropped a lil too much for my liking.

I kno i want to drop that mo'fo on its ass but i gotta take speed bumps n curbs into consideration....

The ride was great though.. a bit more stiffer than stock and much better feeling.

Eclipsor
27-03-2005, 11:23 PM
They look great. Is the clamping mechanism good? How do you know you are setting both sides to the same height?

bennjamin
27-03-2005, 11:26 PM
these "coilover sleeves" will never go lower than the lowest perch on any shocks - since the adjustable thread sits atop it.

So....purchasing koni yellows , *lowered* sprigns and these would be a waste of money since you actually cant go any lower.

Despite that , im sure you enjoy them.

__arjay__
27-03-2005, 11:39 PM
I dont quite understand your point.

You set the koni yellows at the lowest perch.. then u set the sleeves at their lowest perch.. which are like 3.5" drop..

At the moment my sleeves are probably 2/3 from the bottom. So i can go lower!! :P

You dont entirely know if they are the exact height, but i just count how many threads there is from the bottom. Its pretty simple.

The clamping mechanism as u call it is really good. If you look around or search about ground control.. they are basically the only ones ppl recommend other than skunk2.

Heres a link defining coilovers in general.
http://www.norcalcrx.org/tyson/coilover.html

dudeling7
27-03-2005, 11:53 PM
Hey man do you think these are worth the price, ive been on H-T and they are pretty well talked about and all on there but as you are i will be on stock struts/shocks at first. Will this be alright when using lowered springs such as these?

__arjay__
28-03-2005, 12:03 AM
Well having any sort of springs lowering your car isnt good for yur stock struts/shocks because they werent designed for that height, obviously. So there will be a downfall on the longativity of them.

Dont let the price phase you. It seems cheap to us because all the prices on car parts here are very expensive, expecially with the genuine jap parts like spoon or mugen. But ppl in the US buy skunk2 because they are a lil cheaper than Ground control.

Try to do some research on www.honda-tech.com , www.g2ic.com , www.team-integra.net

dudeling7
28-03-2005, 12:13 AM
yeh ive been Honda-tech for a while now and been interested in these springs but no one here seems to have used them until you. But by having a car that is already 6 years old do you think the stock shocks are on the way out?

crispy
29-03-2005, 05:35 PM
Man those springs are mad.. i wish i had coilovers, make my car just that little bit lower. but hey i guess i dont have to be as cautious

mister
25-04-2005, 04:17 PM
show us the lowest u can drop it pls

Lukezen27
16-05-2005, 08:16 PM
Yeah once you get ya koni yellows can you see just how far you can drop her? :thumbsup:

Coze I'm looking to get some then use koni to but was worryed they can't drop as far I might like :rolleyes:

Thx Luke

g3vtir
16-05-2005, 09:40 PM
i got my coilover sleeves sitting on Bilstein shocks...it handles really good...ands its not that bumpy

dudeling7
16-05-2005, 09:46 PM
man these things can be dropped low! Mine are on half way settings and its only 10cm off the ground. So a lot of potential :thumbsup:

Lukezen27
16-05-2005, 09:48 PM
man these things can be dropped low! Mine are on half way settings and its only 10cm off the ground. So a lot of potential :thumbsup:

Nice :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Redteg
17-05-2005, 03:06 PM
Very noice, very noice!

skywings
08-08-2005, 02:31 PM
arjay, how do you go about fitting the sleeves? Is it as simple as changing springs or are there extra parts and tools needed?

Lukezen27
08-08-2005, 06:14 PM
arjay, how do you go about fitting the sleeves? Is it as simple as changing springs or are there extra parts and tools needed?\

Here ya go bro

have fun

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1078663

LukeZen

skywings
08-08-2005, 06:51 PM
Hey, thanks LukeZen. That link is really helpful!

Lukezen27
08-08-2005, 06:52 PM
Hey, thanks LukeZen. That link is really helpful!

Any time man :)

CTR Coupe
08-08-2005, 08:19 PM
I'll be upgrading to Koni yellows in a few months so dont worry.

Umm you are aware that the shock mounts you bought won’t fit Koni yellows. You have to buy the specific ground controls designed for Koni yellows. I think you can still buy an upgrade kit but I’m not sure. Best research that on Honda-tech.

__arjay__
08-08-2005, 09:23 PM
yeh i had already thought about that.. it did get me worrying a lil bit.. but if you can fit any spring using some sort of spring support thingy (either from stock shocks or wateva) im sure ill somehow manage to fit the GC's..

Because i doubt Koni make shocks that arent compatible with stock springs or any other aftermarket ones.. Unless you prove me wrong.

Thanx for the concern!

CTR Coupe
08-08-2005, 11:57 PM
It’s the spring holder that is different. With the GC they designed the specifically for Koni yellows because of the perch design on the Koni’s. Ground control asks you before you buy which shockers you are running because each design is different for different shockers.

I would email ground control in the states to find out which shockers you can run with that model of GC you have.
You’re kinda up the creek from what I’ve read if you wanted to use Koni yellows.