PDA

View Full Version : P/S Leak help!

MYEK9
12-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Noticed under the car the other day that their has been a few drops of honda p/s fluid coming from the steering rack ( guessing the O-RINGS/Seals need replacing ) or steering rack needs rebuilding.

The leak is not bad but a few drops here and their.. I went to supercheap and saw the P/S stop leak stuff, does it work and is it safe for honda's?

Please help?

ceekay101
12-05-2013, 03:44 PM
I think youd be better off locating and fixing the problem. Like all additives, its merely a temporary fix and in cases actually do more harm than good.

grifty
12-05-2013, 05:23 PM
stop leak wont work, tried it a few times with no success.

Get a low km 2nd hand rack, i think to reco it will set u back a few hundred $$$

ceekay101
12-05-2013, 05:37 PM
You sure its coming from your rack and not the lowest point its dripping onto? Normally its the lines that leak first might be worth having a propper look. Could save you time and money if its just a line/loose clamp.

Glocker
12-05-2013, 06:26 PM
Usually it leaks from the pump first, so best to get that reco'd instead of the rack. Much cheaper and easier to remove and you can drive around for a few days with it :)

MYEK9
12-05-2013, 08:03 PM
the leak was coming from the connection from the inner tie rod connecting to the rack , so i was guessing its the 0-rings/ seals..

If i buy a another rack , cant i reco it myself with OEM seal kit ?