PDA

View Full Version : Help with new audio setup

chech0_ed6
13-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Hey guys
So heres the story:
I was running a 5 channel kicker amp that was connected a kicker sub and kicker 6x9s and kicker fronts. Being frist time didnt really know what I was buying so I went with what sales people told me. To me it sounded madddd!!

Last year some time my amp and sub were stolen from my car, motherf****rs :(

After that happen I was over the modding stage because of that stolen issue.

Now im back into it and looking in upgrading my sound system again.

But got a couple questions

1: if I buy say 100rms speakers and I buy an amp that delivers 90/100rms to each channel which the speakers are on.
Is that the ideal way to work speakers?
(Disregard the sub in this question)

2: would a two channel amp run better than an mono block for that sub. What the difference?

3: if buying split speakers for the front is it perfered to run say two channels for each speaker.
Like...
channel 1/2 ---> left speakers (tweeter speaker)
Channel 3/4 ---> right speaker (tweeter/speaker)

Of course any help is greatly appreciated

Serge :)

Honda
15-05-2013, 11:23 PM
1. Yes, this is ideal. However, it wouldn't hurt to get a more powerful amp. This creates less strain on the amp and gives you some space if you decide to upgrade in the future.

2. Mono amps are designed for the sub. They are built for the application and runs more efficiently, usually falls under a class D amp.

3. You always want the best of sounds from the front. I would run two channels for each speaker. You could even take out the rears or run them from the HU on low volume if you wish

SQXPRT
17-05-2013, 10:18 PM
bridging the amp to the fronts, and running the passive crossover (supplied with the splits) is the best easy way to do it.

if you want to run 1 channel per speaker, also called "active" then you need an active crossover. A high risk of blowing the tweeters if you get it wrong though.

I agree with all above from Honda.

NightKids
19-05-2013, 11:17 PM
Pretty much what Honda said. I highly recommend you run splits at the front. If you're on a budget, a set of Morel Maximos will be my pick of the bunch. It sounds heaps better than anything Kicker could ever produce.

chech0_ed6
21-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the help guys.

At the moment im looking at a alpine f600 amp.
This delivers
150 rms x 4 at 4ohms
100 rms x 4 at 2ohms

Ill be using that for speakers and buying another mono amp for the sub.

Just another question

im planning to buy alpine type r components splits for the front.

How do I run 4 or 2 ohms?

aka_NSX
25-05-2013, 01:21 PM
At the moment im looking at a alpine f600 amp.
This delivers
150 rms x 4 at 4ohms
100 rms x 4 at 2ohms

are you sure not the other way around??? usually you got more wattage in 2 ohms load

Please have a look at FOCAL Speakers and Focal Amps Click Hera (http://www.focalaustralia.com.au/)

if you ever need anything from Focal products please PM me

chech0_ed6
27-05-2013, 10:31 PM
are you sure not the other way around??? usually you got more wattage in 2 ohms load

Yeah thats right, got it messed up.
And ill pm you if and when ill need. Thanks