PDA

View Full Version : NSW Tinted Lights

kingmlh
16-05-2013, 12:48 AM
[NSW]
Has anyone ever got defected for having tinted/smoked head lights or tail lights? Was it worth it...

2MPRS
16-05-2013, 06:11 PM
things like that are just asking for the police to search your whole car for defects

nikolaz01
17-05-2013, 09:59 PM
Not worth it.. its no no for cops and they defect every tiny thing in your car.

DreadAngel
18-05-2013, 10:10 PM
Lub comes handy if you go with tinted lights...

Grayfox
03-07-2013, 09:08 PM
Damn i was also thinking of this.

Wanted to add spi vision or flyeyes tint to my cars headlights.

You can go from this
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg184/skilauk/car/IMG_0022.jpg
to this
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg184/skilauk/car/IMG_0044.jpg
and this is what it looks like up close, kinda like a flyscreen
http://www.spi-vision.co.uk/images/headlight-1-col.jpg

2MPRS
03-07-2013, 09:18 PM
i dont understand why people even tint front lights. It reduces the shit out of your vision at night and is just asking for a defect

Grayfox
04-07-2013, 11:15 AM
These dont reduce light output all that much.

DreadAngel
06-07-2013, 08:42 PM
Spot Light as long as they're not coloured, I 'think' tint on them is ok? [Please don't quote me on this] however headlights are a big no no...

lolmclol
06-07-2013, 08:58 PM
Sounds like cop baiting material

Grayfox
07-07-2013, 05:52 PM
My fogs have yellow vinyl wrap, passed several cops with them on.
Never been pulled over for them.

I am also trying to find the law that says you cant cover or if they are covered they you must be able to see XX% of the reflector.

DreadAngel
07-07-2013, 10:44 PM
Were your fogs turned on when you passed them though?

They don't seem to pay particular notice till you turned it on...

Grayfox
08-07-2013, 09:24 AM
Yeah, but it was during that non stop rain we got.

From what i understand foglights/driving lights must be yellow or white.

Also it seems cops dont care about people using foglights during the day or night when clear.

lolmclol
08-07-2013, 09:28 AM
Pretty sure they'll only fine you if they're having a bad day and want to ruin your day, or if you look like you're being a twat and its an excuse to pull you over.

Grayfox
08-07-2013, 11:33 AM
Well if its either of those excuses on a rainy day and they give you a fine, you can contest it and win.

DreadAngel
08-07-2013, 04:45 PM
Yeah, but it was during that non stop rain we got.

From what i understand foglights/driving lights must be yellow or white.

Also it seems cops dont care about people using foglights during the day or night when clear.

Must be where you are, no chance out this way =|

Grayfox
08-07-2013, 08:58 PM
Seen them driving with foglights on during clear weather.

lolmclol
08-07-2013, 09:00 PM
I always drive with my foggies on (combined with normal low beams)

DreadAngel
09-07-2013, 05:15 PM
You guys lucky :(

lolmclol
09-07-2013, 05:16 PM
You guys lucky :(

yolo m8

just yolo

until you lose licence, then maybe no yolo

curtis265
09-07-2013, 05:19 PM
just so ya know

in WA, fogs have to be yellow or white

so a yellow tint shuldn't be a problem

Integra-GSi
08-09-2013, 12:07 PM
These are illegal, and pretty much are a red flag to a bull for the police to go through your entire car for defects after they defect you for having frosted lights. It's also a major road hazard when you're stuck behind someone with frosted lights. You're basically asking for your car to be rear ended. It really doesn't even look good anyway so I'm not sure what you're trying to gain.

Don't do it.

u mad?
08-09-2013, 12:26 PM
my mate got defected cuzz he tinted his rear lights

i lmaod

Renaissance_x
08-09-2013, 12:27 PM
I had my tail lights tinted and got arrested by the good taste police.

Grayfox
08-09-2013, 01:06 PM
funny thing is they do not care about bogans who drive with the tail lights that are faded and all the lights are whiteish with a small amount of color(not talking about the aftermarket crsyal ones)
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODY0WDExNTI=/z/9uQAAOxy0P1SG~y-/$T2eC16F,!yME9s5qF!QWBSG+y-SQCg~~60_57.JPG
Cops dont care about things like that, but a small amount of black tint, OH NO.

Integra-GSi
08-09-2013, 01:20 PM
Unfortunately it is the way it is, they don't care about cracked or faded tail lights, but frosting is illegal. I can see their point though, having driven behind numerous cars with blacked out taillights, it really is dangerous. As I said previously, you're asking for your car to be rear ended because it makes it more difficult than it should be to see that you are actually braking. It doesn't add anything to your car really, it just makes it stand out unnecessarily. There again, I'm older now, and haven't had a fine of my own cause in a number of years.

Grayfox
08-09-2013, 01:39 PM
Even though it is illegal for the brakelights or blinkers to give off white light.

Johnie
10-09-2013, 12:27 AM
its illegal, iv'e coped a defect before with smoked rear lights.
Not really worth it

Rage King
12-09-2013, 08:35 PM
its illegal, iv'e coped a defect before with smoked rear lights.
Not really worth it

my ODC has clear/smoked LED lights.. light the Altezza style/type.

havent had any issues as yet... otherwise they can gtfckdm8 - like a bowze

Integra-GSi
13-09-2013, 12:27 PM
Aftermarket taillights should be fine although there are a lot of cases where they're not. Your best bet is as long long as they state they meet the appropriate ADRs.... As long as they do, you shouldn't get in trouble, i.e. the aftermarket lights you buy from Super Cheap, Autobahn, Autopro, etc that state they meet the required ADRs. It's the cheap Chinese fleabay shit that's going to get you in trouble more times than not as they wont comply with the appropriate regulations.

Anyway, you don't want a migrant spec shopping trolley.... So... do iiiieet properly and do it once... It's bad enough to have an migrant spec Honda of all the cars in the world given the association to migrants that drive Hondas already in this country. That isn't a racial prejudice either it's just the reality...

You might also be aware or not? that non-ADR/non compliance plated parts will void any insurance that you do have, so don't come crying poor when you run into another car and you're reamed by corporate shysters who may also ask for damages for the car that ran into you, you only got what you deserved.

EDIT: Lol... Chingk... references to Super Cheap products censored :zip: No more migrant spec Hondas K thnx? There is already a bad enough reputation as it is.