PDA

View Full Version : Advice for changing engine mounts on dc2r

crobaa
19-05-2013, 05:51 PM
Hi guys,

Going to attempt to change my engine mounts on my dc2r tomorrow. It's one of those jobs that I will figure out eventually but will take twice as long as it should. Any advice anybody can offer before tackling this job? Something along the lines of remove 'this' instead of wasting time trying to access certain bolts. And which locations to reach bolts from? I believe a few you need to take the wheels off and there's a hole in the wheel arch?

PHO
19-05-2013, 05:55 PM
I think you need to call...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/18019_444861008926622_955065838_n.jpg

amant02
20-05-2013, 01:27 AM
And Pho Needs

http://i43.tinypic.com/2mx0bdf.gif

OP on the srs note.

Dont forget to support the motor from the bottom.

I use a jack lift wit a plank of wood and place under the oil sump. Dont apply any upward pressure just enfu for it help it keep it in place.

PHO
20-05-2013, 02:57 AM
Obviously unaware of otrd, owned by mocchi.

crobaa
20-05-2013, 06:01 AM
Will do, thanks. Having nightmares about that rear mount last night. Not looking forward to tackling this!

SU-WOOP
20-05-2013, 08:12 PM
rear mount HATE LIFE! take the T bracket out with the mount makes it a lil easier

mocchi
20-05-2013, 10:47 PM
lolwut

otrd is subsidiary of cbauto
all rights belong to charliebrown

update on that rear mount pls

jajaja
21-05-2013, 12:20 AM
Did this last weekend.
Start with the rear. Remove the subframe support bar to make more room for the L/T bracket to move. This way you can manouver that bitch of a rear mount out. Also you will need some help to do that one. Had one person pulling the motor toward the front of the car and another holding the bracket out of the way. Last person has to manouver the mount out. Make sure to do the rear first as if you do the sides first you wont be able to pull the motor to make that extra bit of space to pull out the rear mount. Also make sure to use a jack to support the motor when doing the side mounts.

Daveho1
21-05-2013, 05:36 AM
i personaly would just remove the intake manifold.. its not that big of a deal

crobaa
21-05-2013, 06:13 AM
Ok now I'm really scared since I changed every mount yesterday except the rear, and today I'm doing the rear alone! I'm gonna have to do some zen meditation like the karate guys before they smash 10 planks of wood at once

crobaa
21-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Woah. Just finished. Took me 4 hours to do the rear mount alone! The 2 lower bolts holding the bracket were damn tight and I couldn't get the car jacked up high enough to get my breaker bar onto them. Ended up putting my face on the front Honda badge. Both hands on the extractors and a foot on the spanner to loosen it off. When using arms only I just ended up sliding my body backwards. Was well worth it, new experience and the old mount was in 2 pieces, car feels much better now.