PDA

View Full Version : Accord Euro and Speed

axispower
20-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Who has successfully modded their CL9 to be "relatively fast"?

(I understand how vague that question is... just don't think too hard about it)

I never wanted to try and fux with the performance of the vehicle... but I just installed a K&N CAI (and I love it) and now I want some speed.

What's the best thing we can do with these to make them a little faster?

NightKids
20-05-2013, 08:09 PM
Super

Charge

axispower
20-05-2013, 08:28 PM
vedy naice how much?

DreadAngel
20-05-2013, 08:30 PM
Go to dealership...

Sell car...

Buy Sport Car...

Done...

ChaosMaster
20-05-2013, 08:32 PM
vedy naice how much?

S/C kits are about 5k plus labour.

axispower
20-05-2013, 08:33 PM
S/C kits are about 5k plus labour.

Joisus.

axispower
20-05-2013, 08:34 PM
Go to dealership...

Sell car...

Buy Sport Car...

Done...

I know I know I know I know. You're very cynical Mr. DreadAngel, from what I can gather of your posts.

ChaosMaster
20-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Joisus.

Yeah, well it's still cheaper than turbo. Money wise it's not great value, then again, neither is any sort of tuning. I gives you about 50kw atw though, so still manageable on FWD, but not ideal. Have some fun pulling away from falcodores on the FWY though.

axispower
20-05-2013, 08:38 PM
@ChaosMaster

I see. That's kind of what I want... to poo on some bogans driving piece of chit commodores etc.

Surely there's a little something that can free it all up -just a bit- nothing too drastic? Minimal gains?

DreadAngel
20-05-2013, 08:40 PM
I know I know I know I know. You're very cynical Mr. DreadAngel, from what I can gather of your posts.

I am? o.O

axispower
20-05-2013, 08:42 PM
I am? o.O

Yes. But the asian bird in your avatar makes up for it.

DreadAngel
20-05-2013, 08:45 PM
@ChaosMaster

I see. That's kind of what I want... to poo on some bogans driving piece of chit commodores etc.

Surely there's a little something that can free it all up -just a bit- nothing too drastic?

Unfortunately from factory, the K24A is already quite highly developed, being Naturally Aspirated its not going to release more power from simple I/H/E...

Performance for NA comes down to:

- Capacity
- Cams

Both have advantages and disadvantages...

Force Induction is the cheaper way to boost performance though it also comes with its own issues...

Jasemas
20-05-2013, 08:47 PM
@ChaosMaster

Surely there's a little something that can free it all up -just a bit- nothing too drastic? Minimal gains?

Take a 90 degree turn at 50km/h and see if they try to keep up, kay

axispower
20-05-2013, 08:48 PM
Force Induction is the cheaper way to boost performance though it also comes with its own issues...

Can you expand on this sir?

DreadAngel
20-05-2013, 09:15 PM
Can you expand on this sir?

Force Induction [Turbocharging and Supercharging] is a cost effective way of improving the performance of your engine compared to NA. XXXhp|Nm/$ is much higher than NA. The reason is the fundamentals of how each one functions and produces power.

Issues usually comes with the territory of when you start wanting power, you start reaching the limitation of various parts. Fuel & Ignition system, Footwork [Brakes & Suspension], Tyres, Transmission, etc All must be able to handle the addition whack of power and torque! The car becomes less driver friendly, more concentration to drive. Fuel economy suffers, Insurance will obviously go up. It's a mix bag of everything.

The car itself will change in behaviour and how you drive it, its up to you to decide whether you like it or not.

axispower
20-05-2013, 09:17 PM
I see I see. I also found this about SC and turbo.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?147336-Has-Anyone-Successfully-SC-or-Turbo-d-their-CL9-Euro-in-Australia/page2

So honestly, I / H / E doesn't do anything for schpeed?

According to my butt dyno- I'd like to believe I've had a miniscule gain in power since the CAI, but almost definitely not the case I would assume.

euro1603
20-05-2013, 09:19 PM
damn you honda for not giving oz the euroR...

mocchi
20-05-2013, 09:21 PM
@ChaosMaster

weight loss program

DreadAngel
20-05-2013, 09:36 PM

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?147336-Has-Anyone-Successfully-SC-or-Turbo-d-their-CL9-Euro-in-Australia/page2

According to my butt dyno- I'd like to believe I've had a miniscule gain in power since the CAI, but almost definitely not the case I would assume.

Psychological/Placebo Effect...

Sounds deceiving ;)

axispower
20-05-2013, 09:39 PM
Sheeit.

Fredoops
21-05-2013, 10:09 AM
One of the members here got 157kw at the wheel with bolt on's and a tune.

I think he's making 175+kw atw now with VTC/Cams/J35 TB

AusEuro FB group has more details.

Black Euro
21-05-2013, 10:20 AM
Yea as fred said, few members have got 150-175 KW
through intake headers and few more things plus flash pro! you could go that route!

axispower
21-05-2013, 11:43 AM
What are these "bolt on's and a tune" you speak of?

Fredoops
21-05-2013, 02:08 PM
What are these "bolt on's and a tune" you speak of?

Intake, intake manifold, intake heat gasket, header, cat converter, intake manifold, exhaust.

Also j35 throttle body and lightened pulley.

Tune: flashpro

200kw is certainlly possible with cams, VTC, and a bit of head work/swap.

hell theres plenty of 200kw atw K-franks (k24 bottom, K20 head)

heres an example of a 200kw atw K-frank, K20a2head, STOCK K20Z cams: http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/bolt-ons-all-motor/200734-270hp-stock-cam-k24.html

axispower
21-05-2013, 03:27 PM
http://vittuned.com/

On this site it says:

For my international CL9 customers I have put together a complete package to retrofit an Acura TSX ECU w/ tune combo. Add each one of these following to your cart (must use International shipping on items that have a shipping option) and use the coupon code CL9PACKAGE to get the most comprehensive package available.
•Acura TSX ECU
•Hondata Adpater Kit
•TSX FlashPro
•TSX Ultimate Tune

Can anyone elaborate on these and what they would give a CL9?

Fredoops
21-05-2013, 04:23 PM
You get a tuning tool and a compatible ECU (since the Australian accord ECU cant be turned/not supported)

ie: you are getting hardware (Acura TSX ECU, Hondata Adpater Kit, TSX FlashPro) for computer reprogramming. And the programming support (the "TSX Ultimate Tune")

axispower
21-05-2013, 05:16 PM
I see i see. Hmmm I'll have a chat to my mechanic. Dis aint over

mrgu
21-05-2013, 08:33 PM
I/H/E

Tune

Ct s/c kit

Done

Mugen_Euro
21-05-2013, 08:53 PM
If you want some better acceleration without having to sell a kidney go for a decent header (plm?), hi flow cat, pulleys, then when ya clutch goes get a lightened flywheel and maybe even an intake for a bit of response. This should pull considerably better than stock then save for a reflash or flashpro.
if your not into changing parts just jump straight On the reflash
and if you got a lotta cash well then fi is probably the way to go if your chasing big numbers

axispower
21-05-2013, 10:46 PM
if your not into changing parts just jump straight On the reflash

Are u saying just (for arguments sake) the reflash by itself? i.e. no i / h / e?

I have I/ (and H/ is coming soon).

Mugen_Euro
22-05-2013, 01:03 AM
Mate the reflash will change the way your car drive regardless, it's a great mood from what I've read. That being said I think you need to do a bit of your own research. I'm going out on a limb here and gonna say your new too the modding world. For starters I think you should take all the suggestions from here do a few Google searches and see what each mod does and how it affects your car, then base a plan of that for what you need too achieve your goals, how much it will cost and how long you'll need to save for. Making a plan is a good way to get some synergy going with your mods and understanding the parts will stop you from investing in pointless items that don't help you active your goal.
additionally I'll say without significant money too spend your car will never get all that fast. Imo you should focus on adding to what it's already good at and invest in rims and coil overs and watch as the commenwhore drivers drool over the euros sexiness

ChaosMaster
22-05-2013, 11:03 AM

It's not just your butt dyno, but you really get a gain. About 3lbft and 6hp across the range. http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/heeltoe-automotive/49578-heeltoes-mega-super-intake-shootout-results.html

I/H/E will prob give you a 10kw boost ATW. It's not a lot, although an ECU afterwards would make a lot more as the engine will be optimised for it. However, depending on which model parts you're getting, the cost could be more than getting an S/C kit...

Fredoops
22-05-2013, 01:22 PM
I/H/E will prob give you a 10kw boost ATW. It's not a lot, although an ECU afterwards would make a lot more as the engine will be optimised for it. However, depending on which model parts you're getting, the cost could be more than getting an S/C kit...

You still need a tune for a S/C kit, and you still need a intake for the supercharger.

axispower
22-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Mate the reflash will change the way your car drive regardless, it's a great mood from what I've read. That being said I think you need to do a bit of your own research. I'm going out on a limb here and gonna say your new too the modding world. For starters I think you should take all the suggestions from here do a few Google searches and see what each mod does and how it affects your car, then base a plan of that for what you need too achieve your goals, how much it will cost and how long you'll need to save for. Making a plan is a good way to get some synergy going with your mods and understanding the parts will stop you from investing in pointless items that don't help you active your goal.
additionally I'll say without significant money too spend your car will never get all that fast. Imo you should focus on adding to what it's already good at and invest in rims and coil overs and watch as the commenwhore drivers drool over the euros sexiness

I'm very new to this modding world you speak of. Thats why im asking. But thanks for ur response. im looking into this reflash, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside when i think about it.

axispower
22-05-2013, 02:21 PM
It's not just your butt dyno, but you really get a gain. About 3lbft and 6hp across the range. http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/heeltoe-automotive/49578-heeltoes-mega-super-intake-shootout-results.html

Gains without a tune after installing the CAI? I've seen that review. And read the little pamphlet that comes with it. But i didnt think i wpould get any gains until it was tuned.

DreadAngel
22-05-2013, 03:21 PM

That is the best advice you'll ever get. It might also be worth it if you can get a ride on some of these cars with the foremention mods or the mods you're thinking of. Peak numbers sound good, but in reality you won't get warpspeed and depending on your experience, perception and goals, you'll find its not worth it after all.

axispower
22-05-2013, 03:39 PM
@DreadAngel

All things considered, for me, even putting wheels on this car isn't technically worth it. But I enjoy it- thats why I did it and want to continue doing stuff to it. I want to make it faster short of investing in turbo or supercharge.

DreadAngel
22-05-2013, 04:01 PM
I think you misunderstand...

When you say faster for example, what would faster be for you?

We could all quote figures of say 7Nm and 10hp gain across rpm range etc... You'd go WOW, 10hp?! 7Nm! Install said parts, then you go is that all? You wouldn't be the first person to go, that's jack all gains...

I was referring to expectations =)

axispower
22-05-2013, 04:48 PM
I'm definitely not expecting much at all. But I drive it every day and if it's a gain that I can notice- then that's money well spent for me. Even if I didn't notice the gain I wouldn't care.

Fredoops
22-05-2013, 06:29 PM
^^^ then you are looking for engine response.

Pulley and flywheel can do that for you

axispower
22-05-2013, 06:43 PM
^I'll look into this.