PDA

View Full Version : what are the potential effects of ...

panda.monium3
21-05-2013, 06:46 PM
revving the car to 5-6k in first gear when the car is all warmed up?

EKVTIR-T
21-05-2013, 06:47 PM
phenomenal acceleration and push you in car

panda.monium3
21-05-2013, 06:53 PM
I mean will there be more unneccessary damage to the car in the long term ?

RenzokukenJ
21-05-2013, 06:57 PM
I mean will there be more unneccessary damage to the car in the long term ?

depending on the length you decide to rev the car for

if you rev the car for a long period (say a few days at a time) without dropping revs, you may find your petrol gauge will no longer work and will drop.

ALSO, you MAY find that your oil might need topping up

newpaddy3
21-05-2013, 06:59 PM
Potential effects? It could turn Subaru.

mocchi
21-05-2013, 07:02 PM
good info hear guise

Winter
21-05-2013, 07:14 PM
you gets moar push when sit in car

panda.monium3
21-05-2013, 07:19 PM
i rev it for 30 seconds at most, sorry im just a bit worried cos alot of forums i read say it will mess up the tranny and chassis depending on the time i rev it up, but no one has specified how long is long...

newpaddy3
21-05-2013, 07:29 PM
i rev it for 30 seconds at most, sorry im just a bit worried cos alot of forums i read say it will mess up the tranny and chassis depending on the time i rev it up, but no one has specified how long is long...

Depends on how well the car has been maintained.

Different engines have different reliabilities at different rpm, based on the engineering.

Most engines are designed to be revved reliably, though they will need required maintenance because of the extra use.

Your question is incredibly broad and hard to answer.

How many cups of water does it take to fill a bucket?

Vvvtec
21-05-2013, 08:46 PM
DO NOT rev your engine in first gear. It WILL blow up.

Baby Face
21-05-2013, 10:17 PM
DO NOT rev your engine in first gear. It WILL blow up.

this guy knows, see his signature he revved in first gear for 30 secs
then had to put k24 in his dc2 because the b18 blew out.

Chernoby1
22-05-2013, 12:10 AM
ive held 7500-9250 for over 30 seconds a number of times*; My engine now uses a bit more oil. Honda power bro, it probably wont break on you#.

*horrible tyres + wet + stupid driver
#If you have issues, dont blame me though.

Baby Face
22-05-2013, 02:58 AM
it could kill you though.if not the Vtec kick in the head, then the explosion will

Daveho1
22-05-2013, 05:48 AM
this one time i reved to 6... i donno guys; engine went bwaaaa...its prolly broken

Baby Face
22-05-2013, 06:51 PM
If the engine is warm along with the transmission and given that the other mechanical components are in good condition working as they should.
Then there should be no adverse affects from doing 5-6k in first gear (unless the redline is indicated before then).

so if you have been driving the car in a normal manner to let it warm up then nothing should go wrong. just use of more petrol maybe burn a lil oil and very slight engine wear due to increased load (but nothing the motor cant handle).

Now if you are revving this high whilst the engine is still cold then we will have some accelerated wear. which is bad, im not gonna say u can only do it 3 times ever, but i will say you should avoid from doin it where u can.

If your revving to 5-6k then changing gear and dumping the clutch on the way into 2nd ur gonna have a bad time, this is where things get messy.
a engine locked into first gear isnt going to cause as much damage as one revving high and being dumped between the gears.
if ur dumping the clutch a lot at high revs the drivetrain of the car will really suffer (transimission, axles, some steering components, engine mounts)
because these are road cars the difference between 1st and 2nd gear at high revs is farely large, you could go from 6k dump the clutch and then the engine is forced to do 3k very suddenly rocking it on the mounts and exerting a large change of force through-out everything else.
I practiced a drag launch and with poor clutch control and a leaky clutch i let it slip and blew up my tie rod end bushings from the immense force. i went from doing 8k in 1st to about 5.5 in 2nd then sliding around the corner which came up a lot sooner.
having said that you dont want to ride the clutch forever between the shifs just to make it smooth, because you will wear the clutch out. you need to find the balance.

i think ive covered the most part and additions?

Evok
23-05-2013, 12:49 AM
^
Just thrash it....blow it & new motor...
- Burn oil
- More stress on tranny & mounts
- Drive shafts maybe
- Petrol

I hold 6 k revs around corners .....except downshifting at high revs made me blow flames ...too richh .. or i fked it

aaronng
23-05-2013, 07:29 AM
It puts a smile on my face.

dCn
23-05-2013, 10:31 AM
Do you even vtec?