PDA

View Full Version : ED6 coilover problem

jajaja
22-05-2013, 12:20 AM
Hey guys. I ordered in some dgr coilovers for an ed6 civic last week and as i was installing them i ran into a little problem. The stock forks were smaller in diameter and could not hold the new shock as it was larger.

Question is what forks will fit the ed and is able to hold the shock.

Note that i test fit an ek fork and the shock fit. However the base where it bolts on was too wide.

So please help me out.

Cheers
Henry

pat88c
22-05-2013, 12:36 AM
it likely they could have sold you eg/dc coilovers

try getting some eg front forks see if they make a difference
It worth spending $10 to 50 on sef of eg/dc forks than spent over $1k for new set of coilovers
eg/dc forks will work on ed/ef as far as I know

If you want to buy another set of coilovers which will fit 100% no hustle buy BC racing coilovers
been daily diving them on my ed9 crx for last 3 yeears and love them

chargeR
23-05-2013, 11:27 AM
As above, sounds like you need EG/DC2 forks. If I were in your position I'd return the coilovers and get the correct ones as the front shock is much shorter on an ED/EF so you won't be able to go as low with EG shocks in there in general.

grifty
24-05-2013, 07:46 AM
If you are looking to go as low as possible than the EG/DC fronts wont do that, so if possible i would return them.

jajaja
24-05-2013, 10:13 AM
I will double check the length of the struts but the box says it is for ef/crx which should fit on ed. Or am i wrong?

~Sp33~
26-05-2013, 09:19 PM
I will double check the length of the struts but the box says it is for ef/crx which should fit on ed. Or am i wrong?

EF and ED are the same for sake of coilovers. As everyone else has mentioned, you need EG front forks by the sound of things... Have you googled to see if anyone else has had similar experience with DGR coilovers?

Renaissance_x
26-05-2013, 09:59 PM
Could you perhaps take a photo of what you are refering to?

jajaja
26-05-2013, 11:20 PM
Guys its all good. Measured the coils up against dc2r ones and they are shorter in length which means i have the correct set. I have sourced out some eg/dc2 forks but have not picked them up. Will update once theyre on.

Cheers.

jajaja
02-06-2013, 05:13 PM
Okay update on this. Got some eg/dc2 sussy forks and everything went in smoothly. Thanks for all the help guys! :)