PDA

View Full Version : What the ?????

ah789454
02-01-2004, 07:09 AM
hello my fellow hondowians.

my mate own a vti coupe and last sunday he raced MRVTEC. ( the EG with the B16a conversion) believe it or not but he won. the coupe jumped him at the start and pulled him 1 1/2 car lengths and MRVTEC stayed there. we raced about 2 times the vti coupe won both times. after we pulled over (cos most honda drivers are very friendly :o ) so my mate told MRVTEC that he wanted to get the B16 for the coupe and MRVTEC said why do you want it , you just beat one.

now how on earth was this possible. we had three ppl in the car and so did MRVTEC.

help me understand this boys

thanks

[[d a n n y]]
02-01-2004, 07:56 AM
hm..that is very wierd...

VTi beating b16a hm..mayb the b16a was not tuned properlythat's all i could say

coz in naywayz VTiR engine should rip the VTi

mo
02-01-2004, 01:29 PM
Maybe he can't drive.

A'PEXi
02-01-2004, 03:57 PM
maybe he was scared of DD ?

Xenon
03-01-2004, 05:08 PM
Probably poor driver... In a traffic light grand prix the start is very important, especially for vtec car.. :?

in vtec engine, torque and power band is very high while i think that in the VTI has its torque a lot lower in the rev range?..

If the b16 bogged down at the line, ur frens car will build up a lead that will be too hard to catch. Howver if the 2 cars kept going, eventually the more powerful b16 engine will catch and pass..

My friend in an EG si has beaten his share of b16 (civics and crx). Vtec is not the be all and end all of performance!!

dc2r
03-01-2004, 05:35 PM
I saw MRVTEC the other day... going the opposite directoin from me... Anyway, yeah, I would say he can't drive... only explanation...

bennjamin
03-01-2004, 11:02 PM
VTi or VTiR or whatever...all VTEC engines produce peak power very high in the rev range - on paper the b16a2 would eat a vti alive...peaking some 24kw more at similar revs ...and significantly more torque too.

My stock had exact same peak power as a vti ( both 96kw) but would beat thru every single gear...being more than several car lengths ahead at the end of 3rd gear. And, its non-vtec.

Wow. Who cares. Vti is slow.

XXpl0Sive
04-01-2004, 12:44 AM
Your three people were skinny, his three people were fat :)

mo
04-01-2004, 09:46 AM
Your three people were skinny, his three people were fat :)

BWahahhahaha Like what Benji said and it also depends if they can drive :D

spite
04-01-2004, 12:06 PM
Over the 1/8th mile my mates EK Civic CXi sits right on top of me. The R doesn't pull away substantially until the top of second gear, and then in third its all over.

The one thing is im not abusing my car, he is :P heh.

Its funny, when my mates drive my car, he always beats them in a drag. You need a bit of experience to drive a VTEC car successfully :P.

euro77
04-01-2004, 12:52 PM
maybe he got heavy sound system installed, while yours just stock or no subs/amps? :D

LatinoHatchCrap
05-01-2004, 12:54 PM
Crap driver. Simple! he was prob shifting at 6000rpm and didnt launch well at all

[quote="bennjamin"]on paper the b16a2 would eat a vti alive...peaking some 24kw more at similar revs ...and significantly more torque too.
quote] is 3-4lbs or torque significant??! buaaahhhhaaa :D