PDA

View Full Version : Will new rear gaskets fix the leaks?

IDV8
24-05-2013, 07:53 PM
I've searched for a bit on US forums and it seems that quite a few people had issues with their DC5's having water leak into their rear lights and into the spare wheel cavity in the boot. I'd seen some people either replace the rear gaskets or actually use a sealant to prevent it leaking and the sealant seamed to work, new gaskets I'm not sure.

It's really annoying because it'll rain, I'll hear sloshing water in the back at every turn/bump and really don't want the moisture in my car so instead of always cleaning it figured I'd use a prevention method. Anyone know if new rear gaskets would prevent leakage?

judd
06-12-2013, 07:10 PM
I have a dc5 as well with the same problem. Bought closed cell foam with adhesive on one side from Clark rubber. I heard this works and the guys from Clark rubber said they get this request all the time. So I will see how I do this weekend replacing the gaskets. I currently have moisture absorber in the back but it gets expensive after a while.

Type_S
08-12-2013, 10:16 PM
I replaced both my rear gaskets several months ago, haven't been leaking ever since. When you buy new gaskets, make sure you fit them correctly and it shouldn't leak