PDA

View Full Version : My 3 Month Ownership Review On My Euro

REV888
25-03-2005, 10:29 PM
Time has flown! on March 29th I will have had my euro for 3 months.

So far I have clocked up almost 6000km , I must say every km was enjoyable to drive!

No matter where I went to whether it was the ACT, Hunter Valley or the Blue Mountains or even a short drive the car has proved time & time again to me what a good choice it was to own a Honda Euro.

After previously owning a European car , I cant believe still the quality that has gone into the design & every other aspect of the Euro.

It so far beats my Alfa 147 that I use to own in every aspect when it comes to quality.

I am proud to say my Honda Euro has show me the "Power Of Dreams".

The car is just flawless ;)

Cheers

REV888

stephen8512
25-03-2005, 11:11 PM
:) :thumbsup:
well said

|N|
25-03-2005, 11:12 PM
drove fren's euro today ... i agree its a top quality car too...

D16Y
26-03-2005, 12:09 AM
good 2 hear rev888 :)

bigdongers
26-03-2005, 03:15 AM
there is just something about hondas isnt there?

REV888
26-03-2005, 08:12 AM
:) :thumbsup:
well said

Thank You ! :thumbsup: ;)

zco
26-03-2005, 08:38 AM
HONDA, the power of wet dreams ! WOOT !! my friend also has a Euro. not hte luxury, but he has EVERY SINGLE ACCESORY, parking sensor, fog lights, spoiler, mud flaps, the body kit, rain visors, and it ROCKS just to even sit in the car. cant wait to own my own one, or two. hahaa

sodaz
26-03-2005, 01:27 PM
Yep it's indeed an awesome car. It's perfect from every angle. :thumbsup:

Pum[Z]
26-03-2005, 02:00 PM
Yeah its a bloody beauty...

albii
26-03-2005, 02:34 PM
yeah after 6 months and 8000km iam truly happy, car is going harder than ever and is it just me or does it look better the more you look at it..could be the 18s and shiny paint though..

yfin
26-03-2005, 03:47 PM
Nicely said REV888 - I have had my Euro for almost 15 months and I have no regrets. Early this morning was the first time in a long time it was cold in Melbourne (7 degrees) - oh boy how my Euro loved it. Wish it was that powerful all the time. Looking forward to winter.

REV888
26-03-2005, 03:56 PM
Nicely said REV888 - I have had my Euro for almost 15 months and I have no regrets. Early this morning was the first time in a long time it was cold in Melbourne (7 degrees) - oh boy how my Euro loved it. Wish it was that powerful all the time. Looking forward to winter.

Thanks yfin ;)

Yes cars do tend to perform better in cold weather further more found my euro likes the rain as well :rolleyes:

On another note to anyone looking for a spare 16" OEM Euro Rim just purchased one from yfin & was in fantastic condition ;) If only I purchased it off eBay would of given him the best feedback ever.

Cheers

Reuven

learner
26-03-2005, 10:34 PM
Yo REV888... saw your car at bondi westfield carpark today...
very nice car :D :D :D

http://members.iinet.net.au/~tommi/ozHonda/REV888.jpg

but couldnt see u... so ...
will say hi to you next time. :wave:

Peekay34
26-03-2005, 11:21 PM
Yes they are a great car. Mine has one issue I get a rattling noise and approx 90+ KM hr ...near or in the drivers door it is very hard to pin point any one else had this issue.

yfin
27-03-2005, 12:07 AM
Yes they are a great car. Mine has one issue I get a rattling noise and approx 90+ KM hr ...near or in the drivers door it is very hard to pin point any one else had this issue.

Wind the offending window down a few mm - ie press the down button for a split second so it just moves but the window remains closed. That seems to resolve 99% of the rattle issues I have encountered. I am not game to let the dealer look at it - the car might just come back worse.

REV888
27-03-2005, 10:06 AM
Yo REV888... saw your car at bondi westfield carpark today...
very nice car :D :D :D

http://members.iinet.net.au/~tommi/ozHonda/REV888.jpg

but couldnt see u... so ...
will say hi to you next time. :wave:

Thank You!

You got it thats my car :D ;)

There were so many Euro's at the carpark when I was there must of been over 10! just on that level when I parked the car.

Sulley
27-03-2005, 11:51 AM
mine was there too!
a black one..
i was on level p3..

euro77
27-03-2005, 11:55 AM
I must agree euro is a very nice car. I got mine for about 16 months now, haven't had any complaints except for some rattling which comes and go. but didn't bother me much, just crank up my stereo :D

I just waxed it yesterday with Meguiars tech wax... boy it's now very shiny :D
I fell in love again with my car hahaha....

REV888
27-03-2005, 02:20 PM
mine was there too!
a black one..
i was on level p3..

Small world isnt it ! Saw it on P3 :D:D

albii
28-03-2005, 08:15 AM
Thanks yfin ;)

Yes cars do tend to perform better in cold weather further more found my euro likes the rain as well :rolleyes:

On another note to anyone looking for a spare 16" OEM Euro Rim just purchased one from yfin & was in fantastic condition ;) If only I purchased it off eBay would of given him the best feedback ever.

Cheers

Reuvenhow much he selling them for ? is it with tyre? wouldnt mind one as spare to replace the spacesaver

REV888
28-03-2005, 08:47 AM
how much he selling them for ? is it with tyre? wouldnt mind one as spare to replace the spacesaver

PM yfin he will give you all the info.

Faiz
28-03-2005, 12:03 PM
carbon fibre anyone? i heard its light. researching on it.

V205
28-03-2005, 02:17 PM
Did you get your windows tinted? Sometimes the tinters don't put the things back properly.

aaronng
28-03-2005, 06:10 PM
LOL, so many in Bondi Westfield. I was there on Thursday, does that count? Hehehe

On a side note, I just tried some Carnauba wax over Tech Wax. Wow! But if you have to wipe bird poo off carnauba (damn seagulls at La Perouse dropped a bomb on the hood about 30 minutes after I waxed), the wax gets easily damaged.
Had to reapply a layer of wax to the area.

yfin
28-03-2005, 06:36 PM
carbon fibre anyone? i heard its light. researching on it.
Are you on acid or something Faiz. :confused: What on earth has carbon fibre got to do with anything remotely concerned with this thread?

REV888
28-03-2005, 10:22 PM
LOL, so many in Bondi Westfield. I was there on Thursday, does that count? Hehehe

LOL! I think we should have a Honda Euro meet at Bondi Junction and fill one level of parking just with Honda Euro's from all of Syd!! ;)

LOC888
29-03-2005, 03:42 PM
LOL! I think we should have a Honda Euro meet at Bondi Junction and fill one level of parking just with Honda Euro's from all of Syd!! ;)

Great idea!...Count me in if it happens.....

REV888
29-03-2005, 04:18 PM
Great idea!...Count me in if it happens.....

Well would be great if we could get somthing to happen.

Who's in for a meet ?

as001
29-03-2005, 04:53 PM
i would be intrested if its cool

aaronng
29-03-2005, 05:41 PM
Cool! I'm in.

stephen8512
29-03-2005, 05:47 PM
ditto

PNR888
29-03-2005, 07:54 PM

I have the same problem with my Euro since about 9000km. :( I had window tinted through the dealer when new. It happened on both front doors. Honda fixed the passenger side's door. ( they have to refit the B-pillar trimmed too). and they fiddled the driver's side so many times, about 5 times all up. but still not 100 % right, esp when on rough bitumen. Now I am due to 30000km service. Dont' know if I should mention to the service department? as they probably sick of me now. :confused:

yFin: I try the trick you suggested, (wind down the window then close it right up). It works sometimes.

Despite the problem I have encountered , I still love my Euro. :honda:

yfin
29-03-2005, 07:57 PM
yFin: I try the trick you suggested, (wind down the window then close it right up). It works sometimes.

Actually - I suggest you try opening the window a fraction. It should still look closed but move a few millimetres. Press the down button for a split second. I usually leave my windows in this position.

aaronng
29-03-2005, 08:09 PM
I have the same problem with my Euro since about 9000km. :( I had window tinted through the dealer when new. It happened on both front doors. Honda fixed the passenger side's door. ( they have to refit the B-pillar trimmed too). and they fiddled the driver's side so many times, about 5 times all up. but still not 100 % right, esp when on rough bitumen. Now I am due to 30000km service. Dont' know if I should mention to the service department? as they probably sick of me now. :confused:

I have the same rattle. Except that mine doesn't care what speed I am at. Just the road condition. It is only on good road condition where the vibration from the gravel+bitumen itself is the dominant vibration. On roads with worse conditions (more bumpy), I dont' notice the rattle. Mine is on both front doors. But I'm living with it as I can't hear it when the radio is on. Opening the window a fraction or putting my finger on the trim silences the rattle. I'm thinking of wedging a thin piece of overhead transparency in to the gap between the moulding and the door.

PNR888
29-03-2005, 08:21 PM
Thanks yfin and aaronng for your input.

Looks like I am not the only one with front door rattleing problems.....
my situation is very similar to when you (aaronng) has described.
I guess the window tinting is the original cause of this annoying problem.

aaronng
29-03-2005, 08:23 PM
Thanks yfin and aaronng for your input.

Looks like I am not the only one with front door rattleing problems.....
my situation is very similar to when you (aaronng) has described.
I guess the window tinting is the original cause of this annoying problem.
Except that my Euro is not tinted! Heheheh. TSX owners have the same problem, and they said that it was one of the plastic welds holding the panel to the door which broke. One guy did a self-fix and said that the plastic weld is fragile.

yfin
29-03-2005, 08:27 PM
Agree - nothing to do with the tinting. I think the windows are wound too tight and put enormous pressure on the frame, etc.

PNR888
29-03-2005, 08:36 PM
My honda dealer blame on the people did the window tinting for causing the problem. (Lucky I got the tinting done through Honda, otherwise they wont give me a shXt). But at the very last attempt to fix the problem, they said the clip holding on the door penal was broken and need to be replaced. so the weak clips are also a worry hey.