PDA

View Full Version : ED6 Rear Suspension Query

RackCity
26-05-2013, 10:18 PM
Hey guys,

I want to use dc2r rear suspension on my ED6, I just wanted to know if 88 civic lca are the same as dc2r lca?

I've looked through the net and I cant get a definitive answer, some say the dc2r and 88 civic lca are the some and others say they're different.

Thanks

grifty
26-05-2013, 10:23 PM
They are slightly diffferent. The metal collar for the DC2R shock bush is abit wider than the LCA shock opening, you will have to shave it abit for it to slide in. No biggie if you have an angle grinder.

RackCity
26-05-2013, 10:48 PM
The suspensions in, but I'm getting positive camber. That's why i assumed the lca that I'm using are 88 civic and were different to dc2r lca. i guess they are dc2r lca but what else could be causing the positive camber? Would I need to use dc2r upper control arms as well?

grifty
26-05-2013, 11:12 PM
only thing that would cause positive camber is if the control arms are shorter (but you didnt change them), or if the shocks are taller than the stock ED shocks.

have you driven around abit to settle in the suspension? Or you could get a camber kit to fix it.

RackCity
26-05-2013, 11:18 PM
Haven't moved the car since I put them on, I'm using the lca that came with the suspension which was off another ed civic. I was told they are type r and I'm guessing then that should mean they are longer than the stock civic shocks. But I've read on the interment that it would be fine using dc2r rear sus on a ef so I assumed it'd be the same for a ed.

grifty
26-05-2013, 11:29 PM
pretty sure they are the same length. Is your car at full weight atm, eg. engine inside etc?

I reckon you probably just need to drive around abit and let them settle.

RackCity
26-05-2013, 11:30 PM
Yeah I'll try that, thanks for the help.