PDA

View Full Version : Defect notice :( , Pls Help

mj3610
26-03-2005, 08:36 AM
hi, i have a 95 Eg Breeze and just yesterday i got my 17" chromys and last night (friday night) i got pulled over and got a defect notice for my rims and halogen head lights. she threatened me with all these fines and how after i get it cleared if im caught with rims again i'll be copped with a big fine. im gonna get the notice cleared but im not sure if i wanna keep the rims, do they really fine u and stuff if they catch you again or was she bluffing? when they look at your records can they see on the spot that you got a defect notice before? and also CAN I GET engineering certificates for 17s and how much are they normally? :confused: :honda: :confused:

heist
26-03-2005, 08:49 AM
dude, i had 17's on my 88 hb and now on my eg sedan, been pulled over many times.... never once have they even said anything about them...they must have hated you

BlacKEGPedroew
26-03-2005, 08:55 AM
You have the worst luck ever.
That is a load of shid.
maybe just stear clear of heavily cop populated areas.
Were you also instigating the response from the cops? Being a smart ass or reving loud prior to the defect etc etc

aimre
26-03-2005, 08:57 AM
U can get defected as many times as u want, it will always be the same.
unlucky mate.
i was gonna get 17's but though against it just for this reason, so i got 15's.... then i went and lowered it .. o well

JDM.Power
26-03-2005, 09:02 AM
*sniff sniff i smell bacon* damn we hate cops when they pull us over an defect us over the small things on our cars

z3lda
26-03-2005, 09:15 AM
they give you defects because wats on your car is breaking the law

Steer^Gimic
26-03-2005, 09:31 AM
sorry to hear mate but i dont think you can get wheel sizes engineered.
should always just stick to whats on your tyre placard.

sell you wheels and by some 15's..16's even?

rAySiR
26-03-2005, 09:46 AM
they give you defects because wats on your car is breaking the law

true..!!!

and they do keep a record of your previous offences....

YBQ13T
26-03-2005, 09:48 AM
nah you can engineer everything man, prolly set you back about $400/$500 for the first time then around $40/$50 to add any further modifications. Don't settle for 15's or 16's thats tiny..... Ps i got 18's on my accord they are standard 15's and i've never had trouble but i'm gonna get them engineered when i engineer my air suspension
cheers mate

mj3610
26-03-2005, 10:25 AM
You have the worst luck ever.
That is a load of shid.
maybe just stear clear of heavily cop populated areas.
Were you also instigating the response from the cops? Being a smart ass or reving loud prior to the defect etc etc

hmm, i was on my best behaviour :), the coppa was a blonde mean machine the other cops were tellin her to let it go but it looked like she had a thing against people wit dark hair (some arab guy probaly nailed her and never called her bak) but she saw 2 tiny blue dots on my head lights from far away when they were doing RBT and initially started saying shid bout my halogen lights and she searched the whole car for defects and stuff but found onli rims and lights and at the end didnt even breath test me. :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:

Steer^Gimic
26-03-2005, 11:37 AM
nah you can engineer everything man, prolly set you back about $400/$500 for the first time then around $40/$50 to add any further modifications. Don't settle for 15's or 16's thats tiny..... Ps i got 18's on my accord they are standard 15's and i've never had trouble but i'm gonna get them engineered when i engineer my air suspension
cheers mate

no sarcasm intended, but how do you engineer big wheels?

Disco-d
26-03-2005, 11:56 AM
Mj3610

With ur rim size your allowed 2" above from the Stock rim size that the car was brought out with, so say ur car har Stock 15" rims you can go up to 17" say ur car had 17" rims(which i doubt it very much) u can go up to 19"

But for civics it would or something like 13" or 15" originals...

thats the leagall way about things So find out the original and then u can be sure....

hope that helps.

tRipitaka
26-03-2005, 11:58 AM
no sarcasm intended, but how do you engineer big wheels?

I don't think you can engineer illegal sized wheels... ( I think it's more than 2inches over stock that are illegal )
Just like engineering a ride height below 100mm...

Don't think you can engineer something that's illegal

showpony
26-03-2005, 12:07 PM
There is alot more to it then just 2 inches over(nsw anyway) . The engineer works out the rolling diameter of the stock wheels and you can only go a inch larger than the stock rolling diameter. So with big rims you need low profile tyres to stay within the original rolling diameter. Then there are width restrictions etc. Your best bet would be to talk to an engineer before buy wheels or any mods for that matter.

mj3610
26-03-2005, 12:14 PM
my civic came with 14" stocks, so im 3" over but the tyres are reallly thin for low profile tyres. I need to know 2 things
1. if i clear the notice and i get busted with the rims again could the cops know right there and then i had a defect notice before like on their computer or something? and someone told me if you change your number plate your car's records swipe clean.

2. Where do i go to see an engineer about the wheels? bob jane or jax or something??? and how much does a engineering cert cost around for rims???

Steer^Gimic
26-03-2005, 02:53 PM
firstly, depending on who catches you next time, if you get caught, hopefully they are not as strict, but yes it will still be on record.
and no, if all you needed was to change number plates to swipe the cars records, then im sure everyone would be doing this on a weekly basis!

to get something engineered on your car, you have to see an authorised vicroads/rta automotive engineer who is allowed to give out certificates. once you find out, minimum cost is bout $400-$500??
correct me if im wrong.

mate its not worth the friggn hassel. sell the wheels or just risk getting caught!

tekling
26-03-2005, 03:54 PM
you are not allowed to engineer wheels

UW15HN
26-03-2005, 04:02 PM
ive been pulled over for speeding and they havent defected me for my 18's..

the cop searched the car but didnt care about the mods..

also ive been rbt'd about 7-8 times and theyve never said anything bout the rims..

i got rbt'd last night and didnt say anything and when i left i gunned it and they did nothing.. i got a 4" canon and it was loud coz it echoed in under the bridge.. the guy infront of me was a v8 torana im sure he would of got done hard if they defected him but they didnt

i guess it depends if the cop is strict or not..

tRipitaka
26-03-2005, 04:12 PM
ive been pulled over for speeding and they havent defected me for my 18's..

the cop searched the car but didnt care about the mods..

also ive been rbt'd about 7-8 times and theyve never said anything bout the rims..

i got rbt'd last night and didnt say anything and when i left i gunned it and they did nothing.. i got a 4" canon and it was loud coz it echoed in under the bridge.. the guy infront of me was a v8 torana im sure he would of got done hard if they defected him but they didnt

i guess it depends if the cop is strict or not..

Not much so whether they're strict or not, it's whether they cbf going through all the trouble to defect you.. i know that after a few years of working at the same place, i seem to find shortcuts and get lazier at the things i do.. they're just doing the same !

P.S. remember, the cops love bribes and donuts (KK) !
P.P.S. ignore that last statement

anthony

i_own_you
26-03-2005, 04:13 PM
you are not allowed to engineer wheels

you can engineere wheels.

im in the process of doing so (i have 15") along with my bodykit and steering wheel.
basically, anything that is not stock in a car is defectable (correct me if im wrong :cool: )

gambate
26-03-2005, 04:43 PM
replace tyre/wheel information sticker with EK vtir or DC2 one, i think they come with 15" ??

mj3610
27-03-2005, 12:52 PM
i think i know why she was picking on me and started the whole thing, they were doing RBT on ruse hill dr near the speed camera on the bridge and she saw me coming from far away and my halogen lights got her attention and i also have blue parking lights which appear as blue dots on the light. she started asking about the blue lights and she saw my rims and then she felt like she had to be a hero and 'stop crime'.
i took the halogens off for good now take my word for it they're the best way to get a cops attention whether its RBT or if they pull u over and start to point out ur defects. And also this was the last time im taking my car out on easter and long weekends where theres more cops on the road than there is people.

SiR JDM
27-03-2005, 02:41 PM
I say take it as a sign to get rid of your 17" chromies :P

Ok now ive had my fun, like disc-d said, here in Vic anyway, your only alowed rims 2" larger than stock size, so your breaking that rule by an inch.

Its in your best interested, IMO, for fuel economy, legality and even looks to change up to somethin smaller.

SCRAPN
27-03-2005, 06:16 PM
jus put ur stockies on and clear it... and put your wheels back on dude.... its the price u gotta pay to pull looks.... whats the fine 74 bucks? oh well ... keep ya wheels it was jus unlucky of all cars on the road your lil civic with 17s isnt really on the cops agenda as most wanted....
just in the wrong place at the wrong time... trust me from sumone who has a fair share of defects.....

EG4
27-03-2005, 06:27 PM
probably wasn't a fan of chromies, get some 15's and u'll be fine

panda[cRx]
27-03-2005, 06:38 PM
Ok now ive had my fun, like disc-d said, here in Vic anyway, your only alowed rims 2" larger than stock size, so your breaking that rule by an inch.

thats nothing but a myth...here in vic anyway.
i checked this up when i got my 17s.
the regulations on replacement rims are:

- must not be more than 25mm greater than the widest wheel specified by the vehicle manafacturer for that model or model series.

- must not be less than the width or the narrowest rims specified by the vehicle manifacturer for that model or vehicle series.

- the overall diameter of any replacement rim and tire must not be more than 15mm less than the smallest diameter tyre specified by vehicle manifacturer for that model or vehicle series

- the overall diameter of any replacement rim and tire must not be more than 15mm greater than the largest diameter tyre specified by vehicle manifacturer for that model or vehicle series

i cant be bothered typing out the rest but you can find it here: http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/vrpdf/rdsafe/vsi%208.pdf

search is your friend:rolleyes:

Muckafutha
27-03-2005, 06:41 PM
hmm, i was on my best behaviour :), the coppa was a blonde mean machine the other cops were tellin her to let it go but it looked like she had a thing against people wit dark hair (some arab guy probaly nailed her and never called her bak) but she saw 2 tiny blue dots on my head lights from far away when they were doing RBT and initially started saying shid bout my halogen lights and she searched the whole car for defects and stuff but found onli rims and lights and at the end didnt even breath test me. :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:

No offense to other normal girls but i think female cops are bitches. I was pulled over once and the guy cop wanted to give me just a ride height defect...the female bitch cop partner insisted she wanted me off the road...just wanted me to pay extra to get a tow truck. sorry to generalise but fug all traffic cops and cops who abuse their power and cops who cover for other cops so basically all cops..even good ones

panda[cRx]
27-03-2005, 06:51 PM
abuse power? if your car is not roadworthy it should not be on the road!
it is nobodys but your own fault if you choose to do the wrong thing and get caught

95_CVC
27-03-2005, 06:59 PM
Police aren't exactly the best idols for us to look up to, i have never sat behind a cop car that hasn't broken the law at least twice (no indicating etc.). If your not hurting anyone or acting like a wanker... then it's worth the risk to feel good about what u drive. What's the point in living if u have nothing to make u happy. I don't know about everyone here but my car makes me happy that's why i'll go ahead and jam 18" on my EG. There's a big difference between having a nice car and driving like F**k!

thanh
27-03-2005, 07:04 PM
Well i was called Mr defect in my group. I use to drive a rice up swift GTi. I've got so many fines and defect and many yellow stickers on my window. You could get away back in the old days, but police are actually more strict on done up cars.
I say sell it and get a stock bling bling car.

tegboy
27-03-2005, 07:13 PM
replace tyre/wheel information sticker with EK vtir or DC2 one, i think they come with 15" ??

Yes, great idea.. works a treat.. The cops have no idea what comes standard, especially with Honda's they never know the models. My Integra has been called a Prelude and everything in between...

Good luck

panda[cRx]
27-03-2005, 07:29 PM
no not a great idea at all...

EGBOY
27-03-2005, 08:00 PM
don't stress... i been defected many times!
just get it passed by your local rwc tester, then the following day fix it back the way you want it!
repeat process if caught again! heheh
its all i do! they havent said anything to me!

panda[cRx]
27-03-2005, 10:59 PM
you guys are farked -_-

z3lda
27-03-2005, 11:44 PM
']you guys are farked -_-

werd:!:

ROCKET
28-03-2005, 12:56 AM
bro put ur stockies bak on get it cleared and put ur rimz on again
if u get defected again then fink bout replacing em
and its not like ur loosing money u got ur rims cheap
so u can sell same price if not more
so relax get it cleared get ur rego organised and then if u still worried i hook u up wif a engineering certificate

Q_ball
28-03-2005, 12:59 AM
bro put ur stockies bak on get it cleared and put ur rimz on again...
...so relax get it cleared get ur rego organised and then if u still worried i hook u up wif a engineering certificate

wata sick ****! lol :thumbsup:
now thats my man rite there :D

i_own_you
28-03-2005, 11:03 AM
how much for the engineer certificate?

is $200 cheap for bodykit, steering wheel and rims to be engineered?

Q_ball
28-03-2005, 11:08 AM
how much for the engineer certificate?

is $200 cheap for bodykit, steering wheel and rims to be engineered?

yeh id say 200 is dirt cheap for an engineerin certificate, unless of course the certificates price changes depending on wat u want certified...
not too sure =S

civ_sik
28-03-2005, 01:10 PM
Police aren't exactly the best idols for us to look up to, i have never sat behind a cop car that hasn't broken the law at least twice (no indicating etc.). If your not hurting anyone or acting like a wanker... then it's worth the risk to feel good about what u drive. What's the point in living if u have nothing to make u happy. I don't know about everyone here but my car makes me happy that's why i'll go ahead and jam 18" on my EG. There's a big difference between having a nice car and driving like F**k!

i think in qld we are allowed 3inchs larger than stock anyway so you'll still only be one inch over, im going for 16's or 17's which will still be legal un here anyways.

aimre
28-03-2005, 02:34 PM
ok to clear a few things UP:

If u have a engineering cert if the cop want to be a bastard he defect u N E WAY!

Also, there is NO LIMIT to how large ur wheels are SO LONG AS:
THE ROLLING DIAMETER (thats with wheels) doesnt exceed +- 15mm of orriginal
AND
on a FWD car (which we all are) the width of the tire must NOT EXCEED 26mm (approx 1 inch) larger than the OPTIONAL wheel offered by manufacturer for that vehicle (eg car came with 14 x 5 but option of 15 x 6 then u can get 16 x 7 of 17 x 7)

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/downloads/vsi/vsi09_rev4.pdf

UW15HN
28-03-2005, 02:46 PM
dude.. stuff the chromie 17's get advan 16" rims its less cop attractive..

if you cant afford the advans get some nice gold lightwight 5 spoke JDM style rims

they look a way lot better

ROCKET
28-03-2005, 02:48 PM
dats it SORTED :D

J-MuN
28-03-2005, 02:52 PM
unlucky mate... was the cop hot?.... :rolleyes:

panda[cRx]
28-03-2005, 05:12 PM

If u have a engineering cert if the cop want to be a bastard he defect u N E WAY!

AND
on a FWD car (which we all are) the width of the tire must NOT EXCEED 26mm (approx 1 inch) larger than the OPTIONAL wheel offered by manufacturer for that vehicle (eg car came with 14 x 5 but option of 15 x 6 then u can get 16 x 7 of 17 x 7)

as posted earlier the regulations on replacement rims in VICTORIA are:

- must not be more than 25mm greater than the widest wheel specified by the vehicle manafacturer for that model or model series.

- must not be less than the width or the narrowest rims specified by the vehicle manifacturer for that model or vehicle series.

- the overall diameter of any replacement rim and tire must not be more than 15mm less than the smallest diameter tyre specified by vehicle manifacturer for that model or vehicle series

- the overall diameter of any replacement rim and tire must not be more than 15mm greater than the largest diameter tyre specified by vehicle manifacturer for that model or vehicle series

i cant be bothered typing out the rest but you can find it here: http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/vrpdf/rdsafe/vsi%208.pdf

if you have any queries on the legality of your car i suggest search your states rta website or give them a call.

i dont think anything more needs to be said on this other than YOU GUYS ARE FARKED:rolleyes:

aimre
28-03-2005, 11:21 PM
dealt with....

now NSW and Vic. boys know what its all about. :)

kez13
29-03-2005, 09:53 AM
I've been defected in my EG many times. I've been done for the 17" chromies as well. The only thing they will do to you if they pull you over again is give you the same fine! I wouldn't worry to much about it. Keep the rims on the car!!! Next time you get pulled over just be polite to the copper! Trust me it works a treat. More often then not they won't even remember your car!!!!!
:)

garett
29-03-2005, 11:54 AM
maybe he just had something against chrome

Mr. Focus
29-03-2005, 12:12 PM
ditch the chrome and get something else. chrome attracts unwanted attention. i've got black rims and a cop said to me that my rims dont look over-sized. i was stoked!!!

SINISTR
29-03-2005, 12:29 PM
ive got 17inch gunmetal wheels on my crx, have been pulled over many times for RBTs and they looked at the wheels and said nothing. They are obviously bigger than stock but no word was ever said about them.

Maybe cos the rest of the car looks fairly stock - don't know. But yes - Chrome and Bodykits attract attention right away. Im still going to find out how my car goes after the kit is on.

In my opinion get some 17s but keep them like a normal colour - not chrome... closest thing to Chrome is Shadow Chrome - I don't think they are as eye catchy as full chrome.

aimre
29-03-2005, 03:25 PM
evryone get chome 17's, so then ull all be slowed down and i can fly past with my 15's :)

ROCKET
01-04-2005, 01:30 AM
LOL u'll still b slower then me even if i had 18's :P

|N|
01-04-2005, 01:33 AM
LOL u'll still b slower then me even if i had 18's :P

yea.. i saw taht thing u have under ur bonnet

Q_ball
01-04-2005, 01:41 AM
yea.. i saw taht thing u have under ur bonnet

hahaha, its not exactly normal is it?! :rolleyes:

mj3610
03-04-2005, 07:19 PM
No offense to other normal girls but i think female cops are bitches. I was pulled over once and the guy cop wanted to give me just a ride height defect...the female bitch cop partner insisted she wanted me off the road...just wanted me to pay extra to get a tow truck. sorry to generalise but fug all traffic cops and cops who abuse their power and cops who cover for other cops so basically all cops..even good ones

i got everything cleared (thanks to my mechanic) with no costs, and i got pulled over again on sat night and the cop had a look at my rims, i wanna quote this is exactly what he said to me after he breath tested me, 'nice rims, you take it easy mate'. female cops rrrrrr bitches, they think they're stopping crime by acting like rambos and handing out defect notices.
:thumbsup: :honda: :thumbsup:

ROCKET
05-04-2005, 01:07 PM
ssiiicckkuunntttbbbbrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooo

ALL SORTED

lol told ya its nuffin 2 worry bout
:D

ROCKET
05-04-2005, 01:08 PM
hahaha, its not exactly normal is it?! :rolleyes:

sssshhhhhhhhh ;)

get1
05-04-2005, 11:42 PM
hi, i have a 95 Eg Breeze and just yesterday i got my 17" chromys and last night (friday night) i got pulled over and got a defect notice for my rims and halogen head lights. she threatened me with all these fines and how after i get it cleared if im caught with rims again i'll be copped with a big fine. im gonna get the notice cleared but im not sure if i wanna keep the rims, do they really fine u and stuff if they catch you again or was she bluffing? when they look at your records can they see on the spot that you got a defect notice before? and also CAN I GET engineering certificates for 17s and how much are they normally? :confused: :honda: :confused:
never had a girl cop defect me, but tell her its my bday party soon and i would love her to come hand cuff me LOL as for the mod's ring the RTA and they can send u out info on what u can do legally to your car and what requires a engineers certificate also they can send u out info on the local engineer's. You will be suprised, I used to have 18 inch wheels on my old ls integra and was defected for them. The reason being they where bigger then one inch in diameter, This is false! You are allowed (according to the rta print out i recieved) to have one inch or two cant rember hehehe bigger wheel and tyre combo, not just rim size as i was told by Mr no it all cop. So when i measured my stock wheel and tyre diameter and compared it to my 18 inch wheel with 30 series profile it was Exactly the same :) Thats right Untouchable .....

mj3610
06-04-2005, 01:02 PM
never had a girl cop defect me, but tell her its my bday party soon and i would love her to come hand cuff me LOL as for the mod's ring the RTA and they can send u out info on what u can do legally to your car and what requires a engineers certificate also they can send u out info on the local engineer's. You will be suprised, I used to have 18 inch wheels on my old ls integra and was defected for them. The reason being they where bigger then one inch in diameter, This is false! You are allowed (according to the rta print out i recieved) to have one inch or two cant rember hehehe bigger wheel and tyre combo, not just rim size as i was told by Mr no it all cop. So when i measured my stock wheel and tyre diameter and compared it to my 18 inch wheel with 30 series profile it was Exactly the same :) Thats right Untouchable .....
i got serious 35 tyres on the rims and i put it on top of the stock rims and they're both exact same size so the rolling diameter is exactly the same, so legally the cops cant defect me, BUT , the cops dont give a shid if they wnna defect me they'll just say we need proof and they'll defect me anyway, so we're both NOT untouchable if the coppa decides to be a pig theres no stopping him/her ('her' mostly).

Muckafutha
24-04-2005, 05:18 PM
']abuse power? if your car is not roadworthy it should not be on the road!
it is nobodys but your own fault if you choose to do the wrong thing and get caught

are u a cop? some cops have no idea wat a defective vehicle is. my frens stock lexus was given a defect. wat do u do in those cases? u still need to do a rwc just to clear it and the mechanic finds nothing wrong whose fault is it? there are thousands of cars which are not roadworthy...like bombs why dont they take those cars off the road. If u buy a house u can renovate it so why cant u do it to your car. dont tell me im doing anything wrong. I dont drive like a madman and bang down other road users. I just like to make my car look nice.

BoneZeeŽ
24-04-2005, 05:42 PM
i had 17" on my EG and got pulled once for them.
I had 205/17/40 on them and when i went to the RTA he said i should have 45 on them and it wouldn't be a problem...

But he was an old dude and really cool.....But i do live in a small town and i was done in Wollongong.

MoonSha
25-04-2005, 03:32 AM
shit boxes with wheels falling off and indicators not working don't get defected, somebody who cares about their car enough to put extra money into it isn't going to have these problems, so what the police do? Pull us over, defect us and look for "problems" that make no difference to anything. I've seen crashes caused by cars not having proper indicators and lights, I've seen so many hubcaps go flying off in traffic, causing people to swerve into other lanes to save their paintwork, slow down suddenly or plow straight through them spraying plastic and metal at oncoming vehicles... I've never seen anybody get defected for having a loose hubcap, seems to cause more problems then "those damn kids with their big rims".

iceman_vti
03-05-2005, 08:21 PM
I know just what u guys are on about, one day i rounded the roundabout near where i live (probably a BIT too fast, there was no screeching :rolleyes: but still, fast :p ) and there was a RBT set up.. so i pull in, this was in my old 89 Skyline (fitted fart can :D). i had a female cop breathtesting me, and 2 males behind the car. they had both lanes closed, and when i stopped, one of the cops said "nice indicating mate" i was like :confused: lol then i just started talkin to the female RBT-er.. she was like "oh yeah hows ur day" all cool, the cop that made the wise ass comment was lookin at my exhaust sayin shit like "oh yeah i've got one of these at home". He's on his hands and knees bein a McWanker. i was tryin not to piss myself.. the other male cop (husband of someone who i used to work with, and regular customer at where i then worked) walks up to me and goes " oh my mate wants to give u a defect notice for your exhaust tip, but cos i know ur a nice bloke i told him to cool it" i had that thing tested just to be sure, 87 decibels MAX.. i was like GIIIT FAAAARKED.. cops are just assholes.. its as simple as that. power to their head and they think they can do anything. Simple explanation = Wrong place, Wrong time, Wrong cop.

Hully

panda[cRx]
03-05-2005, 08:24 PM
are u a cop? some cops have no idea wat a defective vehicle is. my frens stock lexus was given a defect. wat do u do in those cases? u still need to do a rwc just to clear it and the mechanic finds nothing wrong whose fault is it? there are thousands of cars which are not roadworthy...like bombs why dont they take those cars off the road. If u buy a house u can renovate it so why cant u do it to your car. dont tell me im doing anything wrong. I dont drive like a madman and bang down other road users. I just like to make my car look nice.

yeah i am a cop, watch out punk:cool:

Q_ball
03-05-2005, 08:35 PM
is this still going!!
geeeez

Setanta
03-05-2005, 09:45 PM
You can go +2 inches. Get rid of the 17s - you CAN'T get them engineered. The cops will want to see the tyre placard inside your door to ensure that you are withing the +2 range - you can get into a shit load of trouble for removing that sticker and lying about wheel sizes.

Sell the 17s and put on 15s (assuming that the Breeze ran 13s to start).

Alternatively, sell the breeze - it's a sow's ear that will never be a silk purse. :D

panda[cRx]
03-05-2005, 09:49 PM
You can go +2 inches.

thats what most ppl think.... including most cops:rolleyes:
however if u read the rules

AND

']as posted earlier the regulations on replacement rims in VICTORIA are:

if you have any queries on the legality of your car i suggest search your states rta website or give them a call.

i dont think anything more needs to be said on this other than YOU GUYS ARE FARKED:rolleyes:

SECUR1TY
03-05-2005, 10:50 PM
guys.. the limit is 1 inch bigger.. and when you get your car engineered its not the size that matter.. its the width. the clearance between your car and the inside of your wheel is what needs to be engineered, but coppers dont know that. they are completely oblivious to the rules because if u line up 17inch rims with stock wheels and tyres they're almost exactly the same height, and thats what the police bitch about, thinking it screws with your speedometer. but yeah.. when you get them engineered they will only probably roll your guards and saw off a chunk off the inside of the chassi to better clear the width of the rim. and no, if you get busted 100 times with the same rims they cant do anything other than what they've already done. ive copped 7 defects and each time my rims were included. bastards.

SIKCVC
04-05-2005, 02:01 AM
I'd also like to point this out for the hard of sight in victoria

must not be more than 25mm greater than the widest wheel specified by the vehicle manafacturer for that model or model series.

Which means if the top model civic came out with 5.5inch and your model only has 4 inch, the widdest you can go is 6.5 NOT 5inch because the vehicle is within that "model series"

Muckafutha
04-05-2005, 07:38 PM
']yeah i am a cop, watch out punk:cool:

see what i mean about abuse of power