PDA

View Full Version : Byebye CL9

someon3
28-05-2013, 11:34 PM
After all that effort and 2K putting to repair the cars (at honda dealer, and non honda dealer, ATF-flush, wheel bearing, filter here and there) my car got rear end and should really be written-off.

My insurance company will confirm this tomorrow :( , dont' like shopping for another used car, knowing I'll have to start all over from beginning looking out for it. I miss my CL9 :(

Lazarus
29-05-2013, 12:04 AM
any parts worth selling off?

I CU2
29-05-2013, 12:30 AM
Are you hoping that it'll be repaired? :o

someon3
29-05-2013, 12:46 AM
I CU2:
It has structural damage and getting too expensive to repair, according to the assessor.

And the thing is, other than the compulsive emotional attachment with the car developing from servicing and spending money on it, having fun with it for the last 1 year. It gave me a taste of luxury drive, smooth ride and power when you need it, it hug the road, and the peace of mind that you know the car was reliable. Now all that's gone.

I'd have to do it all over again with another used car, find one and hope that the price ís right, hasn't been in any accident...the list goes on you know.

I wish I had work smarter and harder and can afford a new CU2 instead of shopping for another used car now. I'm eyeing a VW GOLF 1.4L supercharge intercooler manual. It should be pretty interesting

Lazarus:
If it were writen off, it'll be in possession of the insurance company. So I can't really take it apart and sell it.

I CU2
29-05-2013, 12:50 AM
What about getting another Euro? :)

someon3
29-05-2013, 12:54 AM
I'd love a CU2, but my budget would prolly stretch to a maximum $14k including all on road cost and ($1k set aside for any nasty surprise repair bill after you bought it) so decent CU2 would be out of the question.

If I had $20k I wouldn't hesitate and go for an used CU2

Fredoops
29-05-2013, 01:03 AM
^^^ if you are in melb there's a post facelift manual CL9 Lux (silver) with full mondulo lip kit for $13 grand...

Won't last long at that price

someon3
29-05-2013, 01:07 AM
OMG, according to Fredoops and an accountant friend of mine then all car price on gumtree and carsales are rip off?

Fredoops, have you got a linky to that car?

also what do you think about this http://tinyurl.com/okp5qdf ? If the price is right, i wouldn't mind hiring a car moving company to move it form interstate. How easy is it to change state for a car?

Fredoops
29-05-2013, 11:22 AM
OMG, according to Fredoops and an accountant friend of mine then all car price on gumtree and carsales are rip off?

Fredoops, have you got a linky to that car?

also what do you think about this http://tinyurl.com/okp5qdf ? If the price is right, i wouldn't mind hiring a car moving company to move it form interstate. How easy is it to change state for a car?

http://firesport.com.au/urgent-sale-accord-euro-car-trading-point-sales--ad235419.htm
http://m.gumtree.com.au/honda-accord-euro-urgent-sale/v?adId=1020482264#Accord%20euro

mrgu
29-05-2013, 02:06 PM
Just grab a vgc Rex instead if u have driven one,,u know what I am saying

mrgu
29-05-2013, 02:08 PM
http://firesport.com.au/urgent-sale-accord-euro-car-trading-point-sales--ad235419.htm
http://m.gumtree.com.au/honda-accord-euro-urgent-sale/v?adId=1020482264#Accord%20euro

It's a nice deal, with the Nav... It's a manual though.

denot
29-05-2013, 04:02 PM
one of the Ozhonda member's civic got rear ended while on park and got structural damage. but alas the insurance still not write it off... Have you heard anything back from your insurance company?

DA9-47
29-05-2013, 07:46 PM
i waited and picked up a 06 cl9 with 40,xxxks for 14k
so 120,xxxks or what ever that one was seems abit high no?

Fredoops
29-05-2013, 08:24 PM
i waited and picked up a 06 cl9 with 40,xxxks for 14k
so 120,xxxks or what ever that one was seems abit high no?

standard (on the high end of it) mileage for the year

and it's a navigation model.

120,000 k also means all the major servicing had been done (id hope).

Considering the problem with your 06 you may got a model that had it's cluster replaced... or not serviced properly

DA9-47
29-05-2013, 10:46 PM
standard (on the high end of it) mileage for the year

and it's a navigation model.

120,000 k also means all the major servicing had been done (id hope).

Considering the problem with your 06 you may got a model that had it's cluster replaced... or not serviced properly

Problem? I got no problem with mine what's so ever

Mine has a full service history and I know the Honda mech that serviced it from new
So yeah 40,xxxks all original and I'm not worried about the major services , least ill know it was done right, and I got a shit load of driving to do till I get to 120,xxxks lol
That's just me I prefer a car with low mileage
People are different tho

axispower
29-05-2013, 11:07 PM
That hurts my eyes reading that OP I'm sorry to hear it.

Stay safe OP.

Fredoops
29-05-2013, 11:20 PM
Problem? I got no problem with mine what's so ever

oops i got you and OP mixed up

antony
31-05-2013, 07:37 AM
Try find another Euro,stay away from that Golf...you are really looking for trouble with one of those

denot
31-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Try find another Euro,stay away from that Golf...you are really looking for trouble with one of those

What he said: http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/it-was-quite-bizarre-it-was-moving-i-just-couldnt-accelerate-20130531-2nfs9.html

antony
31-05-2013, 06:35 PM
gOLFS HAVE BEEN SUFFERING FROM ENGINE FAILIURES WITH THE 118 tsi Engine,DSG failiures,cars loosing complete power,and rattles galore.

wHY would anyone in their right minds choose one over an Euro ???

Or even over a Corolla or Mazda.........

Fredoops
31-05-2013, 07:24 PM
gOLFS HAVE BEEN SUFFERING FROM ENGINE FAILIURES WITH THE 118 tsi Engine,DSG failiures,cars loosing complete power,and rattles galore.

wHY would anyone in their right minds choose one over an Euro ???

Or even over a Corolla or Mazda.........

Because GTi

Because at least they are tryin instead of flogging of decade old engines as "new".

Something Honda forgot how to make, excitement and innovative engineering.

Remember Honda still holds the transmission recall world record

I CU2
01-06-2013, 01:07 AM
Honda might be repackaging decade old technology but at least they're satisfying their target market here in Australia: http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor-news/survey-finds-honda-toyota-offer-best-customer-service-20121128-2ad12.html

But what's up with Volkswagen's positioning.... maybe some closed ears regarding concerns about their avantgarde, innovative technology.

EDIT:

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/government-orders-probe-on-vw-faults-20130531-2nhgu.html - Can't even make a manual...

someon3
01-06-2013, 04:39 PM
I don't think any of you can judge how much ready I am to jump into another Accord euro or Civic Hatch. Any time of the day I say. So no, don't question my fanboyism for Honda.

However, being very curiously minded myself I'm pretty keen on the TSI 90 engine they've got, you know the 1.4L turbo charge engine that can deliver 90Kw and 200Nm torque between 1500-4000 rpm.

Where Honda engine is fine but you dont get all that torque cl9 218Nm until you hit 4500rpm, how often does one drive in that range ?

And I don't really do much spirit driving so I think the VW engine would suit me really well

Before any of you say TSI 118 is blowing up left right and Center, why I still go for a VW, I am simply avoid that specific engine and go for the next one down. My guess is the 1.4L engine is too little to be push by twin turbo all the time. Hence they blown up often?

Other than that

I actually going to pick up a TSI 90 Trend-line next week :) . I think it is a good deal because I am gonna be the second owner, she only did 15k km, perfect log book and receipt for service from dealer. For $18k I am getting a near new car, no warranty left so I can service it myself or at least learn to. 5 stars safety rating , cruise control, steering wheel mount multi control and they sum up plenty much of what I need in a city car.

Touch wood I hope this would last me a long time. :)

someon3
01-06-2013, 05:24 PM
Honda might be repackaging decade old technology but at least they're satisfying their target market here in Australia: http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor-news/survey-finds-honda-toyota-offer-best-customer-service-20121128-2ad12.html

But what's up with Volkswagen's positioning.... maybe some closed ears regarding concerns about their avantgarde, innovative technology.

EDIT:

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/government-orders-probe-on-vw-faults-20130531-2nhgu.html - Can't even make a manual...

:(, Just read the article after I post :eek:

antony
02-06-2013, 12:04 PM
Good luck.................

Fredoops
02-06-2013, 03:17 PM
:(, Just read the article after I post :eek:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/

they're more helpful there and less slander.

heres a quote from one of their Moderators on this very issue

Transporter
Super Moderator
VWwA Super Moderator

If I would be in the VW shoes, I would be monitoring the age category of people with the DSG faults and if the car was modified in any way.

The reason behind is, that I'm still waiting to hear from any of my customer that their DSG misbehaved (most of my customers are well over 45 and the cars are stock standard driven normally), mind you I always ask if there was any problem with the car when servicing it. No offence intended to those (regardless of the age) who drive their car normally and have a problem with the DSG, after all any mechanical component can fail, that’s why we have the warranties. You may argue that it is a very small sample of the DSG cars to mean something, but so are the internet forums compared to the hundreds of thousands of the DSG equipped cars on the road and most of them don't have any problems. It's not uncommon that one person posts his/her bad experience in many places in the internet forums, I see people posting the multiple threads about their problem instead just a link to the original post. The rationally thinking individual would see more credibility in it once he/she figures out "hey all those negative comments I found today are coming from the same person".

The Vdub's are so easy to tune that almost every enthusiast have some sort of VAGCOM modifier and/or flashtuner. Thy're dirt cheap too.

Im not saying theres no problems but VW could do a better job in addressing the media claims in a more direct manner.

I CU2
02-06-2013, 04:48 PM
they're more helpful there and less slander.

heres a quote from one of their Moderators on this very issue

Umm, most of the people in the thread that you quoted that from actually have problems with the DSG and are quite happy that heat is being applied to VW based on their own experiences of owning a VAG car that had issues...that was only one of a few VAG no problem posts in the thread (which is actually quite surprising as I expected it to be full of VW fanboys but doing a raw search of the term "dsg" indicates that half of them are problem reports).

@OP have a read yourself

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f40/dsg-woes-age-86315.html

The following are quoted straight after each other in the thread:

"Putting it as simply as possible:

Fairfax stands to lose revenue from VWA advertisements across all of its publications. That takes a bit of courage.

Maybe you Super Moderator Transporter stand to lose revenue if people stop buying VWs because of quality issues and the fact that VWA really, deeply hates its customers."

"About time the general population were made aware of these things

Dont take offence people, but these are the worst cars ever made. Coming from a jap car where the most common breakage was a alternator to this absolute minefield of issues is ridiculous. I lose my mind trying to keep track of which extended warranty i should have bought and what the manufacturer will and will not cover.

Car ownership shouldnt be about hating the brand and working out ways to screw the brand over to get what you need. You shouldnt buy a car and HAVE to get rid of it before the factory warranty is up. Planned obsolescence, ok, well done, but this is just too obvious.

I will say this, VAG do the best free advertising for Mercedes and BMW."

"This fault happened to me, in dramatic fashion, and when I posted about it here a few years ago (under another name .. lost that account's details so joined again), the thread was deleted.

The reason the thread was deleted was because I was blaming a dealer for the problem, not VW. The dealer directly threatened the owners of this forum with legal action and that caused the thread deletion. I blamed the dealer because I was told, by VW and another dealer, that the first dealer had caused the car to have this fault. I'm now starting to think that the entire "it's that dealer's fault" story was fed to me to keep me quiet, and the real story was that this has happened to many people and they knew it all along.

Well, it's coming out now!

You can read the history of what happened to me here"

Maybe a few years ago I might have recommended a VW from all the good reviews they had eg. Golf car of the year, super fast shifting DSG transmission, why buy a manual when you can buy a dsg? But that honeymoon period is over, the journalists with all those car reviews couldn't predict the long term reliability of the brand and the people who purchased the car based on their reviews suffered.

Good luck.................

Anthony, as I understand you were a long time customer of the VW - owning 4 VW cars. What made you finally abandon the brand?

antony
06-06-2013, 03:44 PM
Icu2
I had a Jetta for 3 and a half years ,and although it was a great looking car with many standard features ,and drove nicely , it had endless squeaks rattles creaks and vibrations ,and to get them sorted out was a major mission as dealers were very arrogant and VW completely disinterested

When it was prematurely written off I considered Honda Mazda and Toyota products as replacements but swore never VW again !!!