PDA

View Full Version : LCA Question.

amant02
29-05-2013, 01:23 AM
Hi Guys,

Its time i started on my Handling on my car.

Currently with only on a 2.5k budget to get most of the handling done.

I'm Thinking off BC N+ Coils + Hard Race bushings for oem replacement is already on the list, will going to order these tomorrow. So thats 1.7k out of the budget. Leaving me with 800. I cannot exceed this for month or my missus will have my ass for it lol.

Before i do strut bars,

I was thinking of getting LCA's and ASR Subframe reinforcement Kit(with tie bar and what jdmyard sells for).

Tossing in between F7 and Hard race.

Off-course hard race is cheaper and will allow me to add a front cusco strut and stay within budget. But the Function 7 looks sexier. Just wondering what are your guys thoughts. I have done a fair bit of research. I used to have a whiteline 32mm i believe but being on a even lower budget it cracked my sub frame lol. So not making that mistake again.

I have also read up on shunk2 LCA's seems to me gen1 had issues, but fixed in gen2 with the bushings. Anyone tired these yet?

So what is the ozhonda verdict on LCA's.

Regards,
Amant

trism
29-05-2013, 08:58 AM
F7 and ASR subframe brace+swaybar kit.

Do it once, do it right.

bennjamin
29-05-2013, 11:56 AM
ASR subframe brace+swaybar kit.

Do it once, do it right.

+1 vote. This combo is the only thing you need.

dont waste money on aftermarket control arms - they do nothing and would be more of a risk than standard control arms.

Baby Face
30-05-2013, 05:10 PM
regular LCA's are fine.
the only thing on them thats worthy looks like the adjustable sway bar points.
but with a big sway bar i dont think it should be an issue.

If you want to do anything for LCA get new bushings (mine are all good still and old as so its debatable if they are even required).

crobaa
30-05-2013, 06:21 PM
Yep dont waste money on aftermarket lca! I just rebuilt my dc2r with hardrace sway bar bushes and hardrace lca bushes, handles like a dream now!

baethos
30-05-2013, 06:51 PM
Can anyone tell me what worn LCA bushings feels like? The last service of my car said the LCA bushings are worn. How can you tell (from a driver's perspective). Thanks.

Baby Face
30-05-2013, 07:23 PM
Can anyone tell me what worn LCA bushings feels like? The last service of my car said the LCA bushings are worn. How can you tell (from a driver's perspective). Thanks.

i guess it would feel sloppy.
if they are worn right through i would imagine there would be knocking.

if you have the BLOX style aftermarket ones which had rubbish bushings in there it would feel very sloppy when they are worn through.

PHO
30-05-2013, 07:24 PM
Yep dont waste money on aftermarket lca! I just rebuilt my dc2r with hardrace sway bar bushes and hardrace lca bushes, handles like a dream now!

Must go pretty hard with that turbo spoolin up that b18c ay m8

inb4 tom and popo at door

baethos
30-05-2013, 07:26 PM
They're still the stock OEM ones. What do you mean by "sloppy"? I know on other cars, some worn bushes may mean the car sways left-right under heavy acceleration...but my civic doesn't feel anything like that. I guess I'll see when I replace it. But I can't feel anything wrong.

PHO
30-05-2013, 07:27 PM
http://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/980830_468335896579133_1385298802_o.jpg

crobaa
30-05-2013, 07:42 PM
Lols Jono!

Under hard braking or cornering you can feel the car moving around, almost squirming, and in directions it's not supposed too but with new bushes It's just nice having everything feeling so tight, predictable and like new.

PHO
30-05-2013, 07:46 PM
It's just nice having everything feeling so tight, predictable and like new.

brand nu ayshun pu sea.

Baby Face
30-05-2013, 07:55 PM
They're still the stock OEM ones. What do you mean by "sloppy"? I know on other cars, some worn bushes may mean the car sways left-right under heavy acceleration...but my civic doesn't feel anything like that. I guess I'll see when I replace it. But I can't feel anything wrong.

less response the shocks would probably move excessively
i think its more likely you have worn rear trailing arm bushings, not LCA's
Trailing arm bushings is one of the most common wear points on the Double wishbone suspensions that the 90's hondas used