PDA

View Full Version : interior light on 94 honda accord

filoaccord
26-03-2005, 12:37 PM
hey ppl!!
need help on my interior lights its not working!!!!!
i tried to put a new fuse and wen ever i do that it blows off any idea wats wrong with it and let me know wat to do to fix it??

28RAG
26-03-2005, 03:53 PM
check the wiring in the back of the light, just take the cover off and unscrew the 2 screws and check that out, other than that im stumped

ECU-MAN
26-03-2005, 10:45 PM
check th alarm wiring as well ( if you got one ) , looks like a short somewhere

Benji
27-03-2005, 10:31 AM
have you tried a new bulb? or is that what you meant by new fuse?

filoaccord
27-03-2005, 10:36 AM
the wires are fine from the back of interior light, the alarm is fine and the bulb for the interior is fine, done know wat else to fine
its just keep of blowing up "fuse"

ECU-MAN
27-03-2005, 01:04 PM
does it blow the fues if the doors are all closed and only when you open them or all the time regardless of what is switched on or open

ICACHA
27-03-2005, 06:05 PM
that fuse is also the memory for the radio and also the clock.

did you do any radio work lately? did you do any sort of work on the car lately?

you have a short to earth somewhere...

again the 3 things that the fuse powers are...

1. radio memory
2. clock memory
3. interior lights, boot light also i think...

filoaccord
27-03-2005, 07:29 PM
ecu man it blows the fuse weather the door is open or not dont know wats doing it..
Icacha the radio and clock is working but not the interior light and the door light as well i didnt do any work on my cd player. i hate this dunno wats wrong with it and dont wat an auto electrician to fix it coz its gonna cost me 90 bucks for them to c wats wrong then plus fixing the light
help me if u could
thanxs

ECU-MAN
27-03-2005, 08:36 PM
seems ou have a short circuit someware on the intieror light cuircuit. coul dbe anything from a wire rubbing earth, bad body control modual or alarm unit. this fault might just be staring you in the face, or take 3 hours to find. its really hard to say.

i would start at the alrm modual, perhaps try to unpluging it and try again.

things like this comonly appear when you have done something to your car ( no matter how insignificant it may be )

dundas
27-03-2005, 10:24 PM
trial and error :D

filoaccord
28-03-2005, 12:54 PM
ive tried everything and its still doing it. ill prob just get a auto electiricna to have a look at it

ICACHA
28-03-2005, 01:59 PM
ecu man it blows the fuse weather the door is open or not dont know wats doing it..
Icacha the radio and clock is working but not the interior light and the door light as well i didnt do any work on my cd player. i hate this dunno wats wrong with it and dont wat an auto electrician to fix it coz its gonna cost me 90 bucks for them to c wats wrong then plus fixing the light
help me if u could
thanxs

that sounds strange, i know that on the majority of cars the fuse that powers the memory for the clock and radio also powers the interior light. so if the radio and the clock work i cant see how your interior light blows. i'll have a look at mine today and get back to you...

filoaccord
28-03-2005, 06:27 PM
thanxs alot for your help icacha