PDA

View Full Version : Share your experiences on Cut and Polish Products

mattsrea
31-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Hey guys i've always leaned onto Meguiars Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish when it comes to buffing my newly paint panels but i was wondering how good are other brands like AutoGlym or Motorspray or Mothers or any other brands.
Because i'm plannng on respraying my other set of guards (in acrylic off course) but i'd like to know which brand/product is as good as Ultimate Compound+Polish or even better (better would be great). Thanks guys! :)

charliebrown
31-05-2013, 07:23 PM
I've got autoglym 02b, super resin polish and paint renovator.

Usually paint renovator is sufficient, but for more CUTT ill use 02b+SRP.

You're welcome to try it bro, i got big tubs that are full lol turns out pretty smooth n shiny, then mint with a lick o wax ;)

you can always try 01b,02b,03b combo if ballin

mattsrea
31-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Ahh thanks man! :) Whats SRP? Fuark Autoglyms got so many products and i know there popular but theres soo many to choose from and like its hard to find the right one that suits me, i mean meguairs is fine but if i can find one better i would like that for my paint.

How much you reckon 01b,02b,03b all up? Never even heard of these before LOL is lt like light cut, medium cut and heavy cut?

I read a diy car paint detail and it looks spectacular!! But he was balling and used Megauirs Heavy cut, medium cut and light cut followed by Autoglym paint renovator.
http://aus-vip.com/topic/1981-diy-car-paint-detail/

I was going to do this for my panel after i do the usual wetsand.

charliebrown
31-05-2013, 08:43 PM
SRP = super resin polish. supposedly you use it after cutting to make it shine

01b 02b 03b is trade products (as opposed to consumer ones u get at supercheap), comes in 1L bottles. i got em for $45 each from clayton auto paint store. fuk just looked on ebay their like $18 haha. it goes all the way up to 06b or 07b or some shit which is lightest, 01b is heavy cut

mattsrea
31-05-2013, 09:02 PM
Oh is it? Never heard that before, so SRP is applied prior to Actual Polish?

Ahh fair enough then, i tihnk for wetsanding acrylics i reckon 02b would be good as long as it doesn't burn the paint. Only reason why meguairs Ultimate Compound and Polish is that they dont burn the paint.

charliebrown
31-05-2013, 09:17 PM
whats actual polish? i thought SRP is a polish?

each of the abrasives have a defined range of sanding grit that it can remove. the 02b bottle ive got says it is for >2000 and i think 01b is 1600-2000

mattsrea
31-05-2013, 09:57 PM
Ohh nah i thought SRP was like a thing prior to normal polishing lol my bad. I might give autoglym a go when my meguairs runs out, hope it turns out good, heard some of the custom ones (like no brand types) are good too, expensive but good.

charliebrown
31-05-2013, 10:16 PM
who needs good paint anyway

mattsrea
31-05-2013, 10:21 PM
me LOL i learn from mistakes and fix up :)