PDA

View Full Version : steering play since new tyres.

Baby Face
02-06-2013, 08:30 PM
Steering has felt loose since my last allignment. i feel like i have up to 10 degrees movement, before this im prtty sure it felt tighter.

its only a hassle if doing any speed or any tricky cornering because i dont know how far to turn to adjust line its very discerning and i lose confidence in the car.

any one have ideas? they did an allignment aswell is it maybe toed out?

it has new outer tie rod ends. so its not that, its just lacking the movement in that little bit side to side from deaad straight.

EKVTIR-T
02-06-2013, 08:38 PM
maybe the tyre shape more round?

so different feels

Baby Face
02-06-2013, 09:19 PM
so i need squares?
i dun understand.

i vvould like to make it more responsive, so if i have round tyres what should i do.

trism
03-06-2013, 06:38 PM
did you go from nice sticky tyres to cheap shz hard ones?

fillit
03-06-2013, 07:02 PM
so i need squares?
i dun understand.

i vvould like to make it more responsive, so if i have round tyres what should i do.

I think he meant if you had any flat spots on your old tires and you were used to the way it handles.

Did you have any camber wear on the previous tires? perhaps you just need to run them in/scuff them a bit first before it feels natural

curtis265
03-06-2013, 08:31 PM
do you hear a clicking in the steering wheel?

integraR
03-06-2013, 08:34 PM
are all tyres pumped up to the same psi?

last time I change a set they had different psi on my tyres cos 2 guys were working on it same time

curtis265
03-06-2013, 08:37 PM
try other tyres as well. PM connorling

carayan
03-06-2013, 10:12 PM
are these fresh, brand new tyres?

they probably still have the protective coating on them, making them feel slippery.

if not well shitty tyre choicem8

Baby Face
04-06-2013, 01:47 AM
They are same psi. Tyres are the my02 tyres and are very gripping.
Had them for a bit and it hasn't changed got rid of the layer sliding down the hill on the way to work late on that day.

Baby Face
04-06-2013, 01:50 AM
No steering clicking either? I hear something about a loose u clamp I thought I might check it out but can't get pics.
What other things can I change or tighten up to get it less loose

trism
04-06-2013, 09:09 AM
oh i just saw that you had an alignment done at the same time. I reckon theyve done something that made it feel different.

Are you trying to say that there is about 10 degrees of play in the steering wheel tht wasnt in there before?

grifty
04-06-2013, 09:18 AM
Steering has felt loose since my last allignment. i feel like i have up to 10 degrees movement, before this im prtty sure it felt tighter.

its only a hassle if doing any speed or any tricky cornering because i dont know how far to turn to adjust line its very discerning and i lose confidence in the car.

any one have ideas? they did an allignment aswell is it maybe toed out?

it has new outer tie rod ends. so its not that, its just lacking the movement in that little bit side to side from deaad straight.

hove you tried jacking up the car and checking for any freeplay in the steering?

Baby Face
04-06-2013, 12:21 PM
ill try jacking her up soon.

im putting GC's in and will take it for another allignment at another place.

Baby Face
04-06-2013, 12:24 PM
oh i just saw that you had an alignment done at the same time. I reckon theyve done something that made it feel different.

Are you trying to say that there is about 10 degrees of play in the steering wheel tht wasnt in there before?

yes, the sterring was more responsive before, when i had crap tyres

curtis265
04-06-2013, 01:05 PM
are you saying that you drive straight and turn the wheel 10 deg and not move at all o.0?