PDA

View Full Version : Alarm & Prelude = Problem

LUD02C
02-01-2004, 03:08 PM
The other week i got an alarm put in the Prelude...
It has keyless entry and a kill switch and 3 immobilisers and all the other crap!

Problem is here!

I was at work, got out of the car and clicked the alarm button alarm goes on!
2 minutes later my alarm is going off...
I thought a car must of set it off, then at a friends house same thing happened and i soon realized this...

Genration 3 Preludes have a cooling fan when the engine is off, it usually comes on straight after you turn the engine off, but on the odd occation it comes on maybe 2 minutes after you turn the car off...

So what is happening?

When i turn my car off and the fan is on and i put the alarm on there is no problem, but when i turn car off and put alarm on then the fan comes on guess what goes off the ALARM!!! :twisted:

So now, if i've been driving and it doesn't come on straight away (the fan) i lock the doors with my key and the alarm will go on 5-10 minutes after i lock the doors (only solution we could come up with)

If you have a 3rd Gen and thinking about an alarm i highly recommend you don't bother!

Jason

A'PEXi
02-01-2004, 03:50 PM
uhh is there a sensor or something sensing movement in your engine (the fan) when the alarm is armed?...

n/a
02-01-2004, 11:52 PM
my brother had a gen3, no real problem with alarm system.

could be the system? what is it? maybe dodgey fitting?

i'm not pointing fingers!

luzinit
02-01-2004, 11:54 PM
or maybe u could turn the sensitivity down
if ur fan will make it go off, maybe even exhaust of other cars will set it off, surely u dun want that do ya..

euro77
03-01-2004, 09:31 AM
I'm guessing your alarm has impact sensor to detect vibration? if yes, then maybe it's too sensitive. You can turn down the sensitivity.

Rowie
03-01-2004, 09:33 AM
yes, turn it down..... you dont want loud cars hooning past and your alarm goiing crazy. That anoys tha shit outa me :?

LUD02C
03-01-2004, 10:11 AM
How do i turn it down?

Jason

Rowie
03-01-2004, 10:26 AM
Refeer to the alarm manual i would guess ??? Or ring the people that installed it, or did you do it yourself?

94vtirozguy
03-01-2004, 02:41 PM
it would be the current sensing ability of the alarm, once the alarm is armed then it monitors the current, when the fan comes on it draws current so the alarm goes off

integra97
03-01-2004, 05:09 PM
94vtirozguy has got it right. I have the same problem with my turbo timer and my alarm. If my fan is running before the alarm is set the alarm wont go off but if the alarm is set then the fan starts up the alarms goes off.
Due to a change in current being drawn

poid
03-01-2004, 05:49 PM
it shouldnt go off with such a low change in current though...the alarm in my bro's gen3 lude only went off with current when the batt was basically dead.

No such issues with the alarm, i also suggest trying to turn any shock/microwave sensor sensitivity down as a first port of call

LUD02C
04-01-2004, 08:30 AM
Yeh, i'm taking it back to the place that installed it on Monday!
Its either the current sensor or the sensative sensor!

romeo
23-01-2004, 04:27 PM
call leon huang. 9687 5928 or 0411 590 620
his car specilist and installs car audio systems.

say u noe him off simon. da guy from burwood wif da red prelude.

Redteg
26-01-2004, 08:57 PM
I'd say it's current draw... alarm would also go off when the door is opened and the interior light is turned on.

And Ludo, I still have to find for you that fan fix, I've walked past a few ludes in carparks whose fan is still whirring away, and each time I do, I remember you, awwwww.

LUD02C
29-01-2004, 09:19 AM
I'd say it's current draw... alarm would also go off when the door is opened and the interior light is turned on.

And Ludo, I still have to find for you that fan fix, I've walked past a few ludes in carparks whose fan is still whirring away, and each time I do, I remember you, awwwww.

You think of me AWWWWW :oops:
I just tell people its a turbo timer!
Sad thing is, most people belive me!

Jason