PDA

View Full Version : Honda civic eg5 d16Y1 overheating.

ewhat
04-06-2013, 11:34 PM
Today I was driving and revved over 4-5 rpm and I felt heat coming through my car from the engine, and my thermostat was jumping from under halfway to over halfway (between hottest and halfway). My coolant was topped up and fine but car was still overheating when revving high. Any clue why?

caljones
05-06-2013, 12:27 AM
did the temp raise when you were moving or standstill? if it raises while you are stopped (eg at lights) it could be that you fan isnt coming on

bennjamin
05-06-2013, 07:57 AM
Today I was driving and revved over 4-5 rpm and I felt heat coming through my car from the engine, and my thermostat was jumping from under halfway to over halfway (between hottest and halfway). My coolant was topped up and fine but car was still overheating when revving high. Any clue why?

FYI the temperature gauge is not the " thermostat " nor is directly connected to the thermostat.

Moving along , as mentioned above the thermo fan maybe not working - there maybe a blockage in the coolant system - you also may have a coolant leak or even bad head gasket.

check the engine bay for obvious leaks , check
Oil for low oil or milky colour , check the thermo fan is working by shorting the thermoswitch connector on the side of the thermostat housing etc

Doch-vtec
07-06-2013, 09:17 AM
Could be block radiator to.

Flush the system out first.

Then short out the thermo switch

ewhat
08-06-2013, 12:20 AM
It's all good now, my mechanic did a pressure test and there was a tiny pin hole leak at the bottom of my radiator!
Thanks guys.