PDA

View Full Version : Bought a new FN2 injen CAI. coulpe of questions

davidjordan
06-06-2013, 07:19 PM
http://s14.postimg.org/c2i35lik1/IMG_0679.jpg

The main concern is the air is from the bottom of the car.if there is water pit or heavy rain.it will do some damage of my engine,how can i protect it?i no in japan we use a extra cover to cover it.And do I need to reflash the computer to make the injen intake perform better?not familiar with fn2 k20z.but on fd back in jap we always remap it to make the engine light goes off and modify the air parameter .so far the sound is awesome,but dun no if it increases power or not naturally on fn2,thx

androo
06-06-2013, 07:50 PM
You will need to reflash the car to gain any power out of pretty much any intake for the FN2. In fact, you may be losing a bit of power and running too lean. Regarding 'water pits' and heavy rain, unless you submerge the whole filter, you will not hydrolock your car. I would recommend worrying about running too lean, needing a reflash and not worry about hydrolocking!

lolmclol
06-06-2013, 08:08 PM
Disconnect the battery completely while you do it. Buy a hydro shield (protection in terms of water) for the small price of $20 its cheap for peace of mind.

jprak
07-06-2013, 06:47 PM
Disconnect the battery completely while you do it. Buy a hydro shield (protection in terms of water) for the small price of $20 its cheap for peace of mind.

what lolmclol said

just remember to relocate the horn. i remember doing this for my mates FN. also if a light keeps flashing, disconnect the battery for 10-20sec and put it back.
hydroshield cost 50$ doesnt it? o.O

lolmclol
07-06-2013, 09:37 PM
Hydro shield was I think $20

curtis265
10-06-2013, 02:26 PM
http://s14.postimg.org/c2i35lik1/IMG_0679.jpg

The main concern is the air is from the bottom of the car.if there is water pit or heavy rain.it will do some damage of my engine,how can i protect it?i no in japan we use a extra cover to cover it.And do I need to reflash the computer to make the injen intake perform better?not familiar with fn2 k20z.but on fd back in jap we always remap it to make the engine light goes off and modify the air parameter .so far the sound is awesome,but dun no if it increases power or not naturally on fn2,thx

Sorry for going off topic but I must ask - howcome you didn't personally import a fd2r here?