PDA

View Full Version : air intake

quangsta
26-03-2005, 11:04 PM
i was thinking about getting a new air intake system.....was thinking about getting an arc airbox or a mugen air intake system...was wondering what would give more power...
cheers

Lepperfish
26-03-2005, 11:32 PM
Mugen is the best but the most expensive..

Worth it in my opinion

|N|
26-03-2005, 11:33 PM
the cheapest way is DIY yo..
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17513

itr025
26-03-2005, 11:33 PM
I've heard from strong advocates of both. I personally believe both give good gains and you can't really go wrong.

Just in case you don't know, tanghy is selling his arc air chamber in the for sale section.

quangsta
26-03-2005, 11:50 PM
yerr thats wat i was looking at his arc box buh i dont know whether i would get decent gains or it would be more worth getting a cold air intake system or doin a DIY CAI...

thanh
27-03-2005, 02:20 AM
Injen!
1. looks awsome
2. value for $$
3. sounds like a F1
4. 10kws gain

LAGOOT
27-03-2005, 07:47 AM
yeah Injen and Mugen have proven gains..
i'll be getting my Injen soon :D

quangsta
27-03-2005, 09:09 AM
but you know wif the arc airbox...?? is that like a short ram system coz i only see inlet pipe for the intake arm....?? or am i blind

thanh
27-03-2005, 10:18 AM
yeah Injen and Mugen have proven gains..

i'll be getting my Injen soon :D

well before getting it, gotto tell you the disadvanstage of it.

It is WATER my friend!!!

|N|
27-03-2005, 02:31 PM
well before getting it, gotto tell you the disadvanstage of it.

It is WATER my friend!!!

water???

thanh
27-03-2005, 05:25 PM
the air filter has no box and it sits behind the front bar, therefore when you wash your car or driving in wet wheather, its a risk to your engine. Unlike the other brand such as mugen, arc and icebox (think its called that) has a box and its under your hood.

joneblaze
27-03-2005, 05:43 PM
As Thanh said, Mugen, COmptech, ARC, etc have systems in place to prevent hydrolock. Alot of CAI setups like AEM etc also have optional valves/relocation kits for the rainy winter months.

ARC, AFAIK is dead set expensive and doesn't yield a sufficient Return On Investment.

Check out the Mugen Airbox as mentioned (Justinfox on these forums is selling one in FS forum. Or PM EG5 or z10 for a new one), the replica Comptech Icebox is also something to look at for a lower price (it's smaller in size I believe. Contact Hondar for pricing). Besides that, there's a normal pod-on-a-stick exposed SRI setup, or even something like an extended CAI... AEM is a pretty good US brand with proven gains.

Good luck.

thanh
27-03-2005, 05:59 PM
Yes all those big brand names give you better protection. There are also good points about the Injen cold air intake kit such as:
* No where near the engine heat
* Nice bling for your engine bay
* Dyno proven performance product (I personally gain 10kws atw)
* Goes EXTREMELY well in cold wheather
* Value for money (personally believe its better then the Mugen in looks and performance)

EG_2_TEG
28-03-2005, 03:16 PM
anyone had any experience with apexi pod filters?

i've got a short ram setup with a heat shield, and wondering whether its worth spending around the $120 mark to get one of these apexi's, or just spend around $30 to get another simota pod filter

the apexi one seems to have the best power and filtration on boosted cars, but not too sure about any gains on a NA car:
http://www.affinityconsultants.co.uk/gtrowner/induction.html

quangsta
29-03-2005, 10:54 PM
im thinking of getting an injen cai coz i cant afford a comptech icebox let alone a mugen one..but thanks for the help.....