PDA

View Full Version : Get really confused of the abbreviation of 8th CIVIC in OZ

damijordan
08-06-2013, 03:32 AM
My name is david.I am from japan just immigrated in Melbourne and own a auto modification shop called AutoVogue back in Osaka Japan.many friends and customer modified their 8th civic in my shop,more than 10 FD2 and did 3 times fd1 k20A conversion.

First month back to Melbourne,new house just settled.Try to find a FD2 here instead taking public transport here(honestly the public transport is really inefficient and slow here),but failed so purchased a fn2 instead.

Yesterday I was browsing on this forum and saw someone selling a so-called FD2,when I clicked in.its just FD1 r20 2.0 Civic,try to correct the seller,but bring all laugh and tease today,said something like that.

FD1 - 1.8L (vti, vti-l)
FD2 - 2L (sport)
FD2r - 2L (type R)
FD3 - Hybrid

In our place the 114kW r18 sohc 2.0L civic use the exact same chassis as 1.8 r18 Civic,so wat we call is FD1 2.0.FA1 North american version and FA2 for Si.The FD2 type-r which fit the 225hp K20A engine,the chassis is totally different to 2.0L FD1 civic.Stronger and much more weld point.the engine mount point is bit different as well,FD1 can implant K20A engine but need work all through the whole chassis.even that it's still not as stronger as FD2 chassis.FN2 is also available in our place but with LSD stock and can also change the rear suspension type when u order from the honda dealer.So u guys call civic sport 2.0 also FD2,do u mean the OZ civic 2.0 use the FD2 chassis?make me quite confused.In japanese market,all we got for 8th civic are
FD1 1.8 (R18)
FD1 2.0 (R20)
FD2 (which means K20A type r)
FD3 hybrid(MF5 engine.also bit different on chassis due to battery fit)

Mugen RR FD2(240hp K20A)
few FA2(SI with K20Z2)
FN1
FN2 (K20Z2 same as si,sometimes Z4,different piston structure,bit better on quality)
MUGEN RR FN2(240HP K20A)

so in japan if u say FD2.it absolutely means civic type-r sedan.no one will get confused
dun no why in here people always say FN2R as we just say FN2,and call civic 2.0 fd1 as FD2,cause the FD2 chassis is totally a new product compare to FD1
just curious,if im wrong or the chassis of 2.0 civic sport in australia is same to FD2,my mistakes.cause in japan the R20 use the FD1 chassis as far as I saw

And another thing is fd1 2.0 civic use exact same engine point as 1.8 one,cause they r all sohc R series,just the midengine is different,i invent the word midengine,dun no the term in English.the chassis codes of fd type-r and normal fd are both near the left suspension mount under the panel.our workshop did many rebuilts of fd1 k20a conversions. fd2 chassis is specially designed and reinforced for fd type-r.and both r18 r20 use the fd1 chassis.for example just like Subaru impreza also 8th gen gda and gdb.as we said wrx8 or wrx8 sti.not only ej207 or ej205,gear box and brake different.the chassis is bit different as well.the gdb is reinforced as well,has more weld point.common mistake is people think they r the same,but actually they r not.but not as much as the huge difference between fd1 and fd2,the fd2 chassis which has a engraved code on every fd type-r and fd1 2.0 and 1.8 also has a one.as I said under left panel near the front suspension mount.the fd2 chassis is way better than fd1.a lot material is different as well.if u wanna do conversion.u need a lot of effort to reinforce and reweld the fd1 chassis.dun no why the VIN of civic 2.0 use a fd2 initial here,but as far as I know and 3 rebuilt 2.0 civic I saw before.the chassis are definitely fd1. the hybrid one chassis is redesign and modify a bit as well due to mf5 engine and extra battery,haven't see any rebuilt one but in Osaka we call it fd3 as well.

Ps:Get more and more confused since I talked about car in mel especially on sort of car like R35 and 22B and etc.makes me crazy and wanna chop my dick off

dannyhuynh
08-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Here we only have 3 versions of the car
FD1 - R18
FD2 - K20
FD3 - hybrid

davidjordan
08-06-2013, 01:34 PM
Fd2-k20?never found one here,I think u mean fd1 r20 114kw,that's the most thing I got confused,cause according to someone,it called fd2 here.so weird to me and they teased me as well.cause in japan,if u say fd2.it just means 8th civic k20a sedan type-r

lolmclol
08-06-2013, 01:42 PM
lmaoooo ... more laughs to be had.

davidjordan
08-06-2013, 02:35 PM
Copy paste my reply from car sale forum and the I'm the guy should laugh.there is saying in Japn,frog in a well.means u can only see the size of the sky in a well-size but tease others who can see how big the sky is.

Some partial photos in my new laptop of my shop called AutoVogue as I said for self-introduction. what do you mean by imaginary?and whats the point that u guys always insult people at the first hand by actually knowing nothing at all?and the other guy above as well.The theories I said there is common theories in Japan to all people in Auto industry.And HONDA is the manufacturer of our country,dun forget about that. btw how many naked FD chassis have u seen before???I've seen at least 20 of them.I'm new to this forum and OZ just wanna introduce myself and tell u guys some common sense,but why u guys always insult people here?can't figure it out and it will never happen in in any Japanese forums
http://s15.postimg.org/ctteyaqdn/p_large_3f_Le_2dad0000958b5c42.jpg
http://s24.postimg.org/9umd6gqj9/p_large_YCs1_3b410007dec15c41.jpg
http://s15.postimg.org/fp6i55udn/p_large_n_Ai_J_2dd5000537e65c42.jpg
http://s15.postimg.org/8zzyp591n/p_large_rf_G1_2d99000023f35c42.jpg

DuffyFD
08-06-2013, 02:50 PM
Here we only have 3 versions of the car
FD1 - R18
FD2 - K20
FD3 - hybrid

This may help with your confusion davidjordan -

BTW welcome mate :)

In Australia AUDM civic 8th gen sedans come in 3 varieties

FD1 - R18a
FD2 - K20z
FD3 - hybrid

There are no R20 engine's in Aus. They were sold through europe and asia but not AUS.

The FD2r is K20a.

Hope this helps

davidjordan
08-06-2013, 03:28 PM
This may help with your confusion davidjordan -

BTW welcome mate :)

In Australia AUDM civic 8th gen sedans come in 3 varieties

FD1 - R18a
FD2 - K20z
FD3 - hybrid

There are no R20 engine's in Aus. They were sold through europe and asia but not AUS.

The FD2r is K20a.

Hope this helps

Thx,mate.Really appreciate,now it makes sense to me why you guys classify FD2 into FD2 and FD2R,In japan if u say FD2,it just means 8th type-r sedan.
So does it mean the CIVIC 8th 2.0 use the FD2 chassis here?In that case,you guys are really lucky,cause FD2 chassis is really strong and tight compare to FD1.
In japan CIVIC 2.0 8th uses the FD1 sloppy chassis and R20 engine.

One more question,what type of K20Z using on the CIVIC 8th 2.0 here and how many BHP on it?I notice the FN2 here using K20Z2,but in Japan FN2 mostly K20Z4,better and strict emission control I think.

androo
08-06-2013, 05:04 PM
Hi David,

Unfortunately, the FD1 and FD2 chassis is pretty much the same in Australia besides slightly stiffer suspension and the K20Z2 instead of the R18, producing 114kw. The FN2 comes with a K20Z4 in Australia. The FD2 Type R is simply called an FD2R unofficially on the forums to distinguish it quickly and easily from the standard FD2. Unfortunately, the FD2R was never available officially in Australia. There are a small number of personal imports but they are fairly rare and pricey.

I hope that helps, and please don't get upset with some of the jokes on here. The humor and casual nature of this forum is what makes it great!

DuffyFD
08-06-2013, 05:11 PM
I hope that helps, and please don't get upset with some of the jokes on here. The humor and casual nature of this forum is what makes it great!

Yeah dude we are all just trolls.

Brian FD2R
08-06-2013, 05:29 PM
How many personal import FD2R are there in OZ ? Mine and how many more

lolmclol
08-06-2013, 06:13 PM
Copy paste my reply from car sale forum and the I'm the guy should laugh.there is saying in Japn,frog in a well.means u can only see the size of the sky in a well-size but tease others who can see how big the sky is.

Some partial photos in my new laptop of my shop called AutoVogue as I said for self-introduction. what do you mean by imaginary?and whats the point that u guys always insult people at the first hand by actually knowing nothing at all?and the other guy above as well.The theories I said there is common theories in Japan to all people in Auto industry.And HONDA is the manufacturer of our country,dun forget about that. btw how many naked FD chassis have u seen before???I've seen at least 20 of them.I'm new to this forum and OZ just wanna introduce myself and tell u guys some common sense,but why u guys always insult people here?can't figure it out and it will never happen in in any Japanese forums
http://s15.postimg.org/ctteyaqdn/p_large_3f_Le_2dad0000958b5c42.jpg
http://s24.postimg.org/9umd6gqj9/p_large_YCs1_3b410007dec15c41.jpg
http://s15.postimg.org/fp6i55udn/p_large_n_Ai_J_2dd5000537e65c42.jpg
http://s15.postimg.org/8zzyp591n/p_large_rf_G1_2d99000023f35c42.jpg

Let me go onto Google and fetch some images of an imaginary workshop as well.

DuffyFD
08-06-2013, 06:54 PM

Benefit of the doubt but yes not looking legit with whiteboy username from a Japanese workshop.

But keep on topic guys. ^^

davidjordan
08-06-2013, 07:01 PM

I knew u will say that,laugher
I've already said my shop called AutoVogue at very first time and you said it's my imaginary shop.

The first photo is my shop under decoration
The fourth one is half finished shop without English name Autovogue on the sign,and my old M3 E93
The second one is my finished shop with my shop name English name AutoVogue on it and my R35
The third one is my R35 at back mechanical room of my shop

Three different period time of my shop.so try u best to google a shop called autovogue in 3 different period by yourself,laugher!!!
I think the next thing u can only say is I called DreamWorks studio photoshop it,rite?
When can't u be polite and nice to a new comer to this forum but kept on showing us your narrow vision and narrow-mind.what a pity,mate

lolmclol
08-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Nah I get bored and like to bait people into doing things for frivolous reasons, or purely just for giggles.

I'm bored now, you're getting too upset.

davidjordan
08-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Nah I get bored and like to bait people into doing things for frivolous reasons, or purely just for giggles.

I'm bored now, you're getting too upset.

Great,i got same feeling.but i think u better get a life and mastur"bait" yourself on the back seat of ur FD,dun embarrass urself here

lolmclol
08-06-2013, 08:10 PM
Great,i got same feeling.but i think u better get a life and mastur"bait" yourself on the back seat of ur FD,dun embarrass urself here

I have quite the fulfilling life. But by your constant replies and this attempt to attack me, I'm assuming yours isn't. My FD is actually out of action, its quite a shame really.

davidjordan
08-06-2013, 08:19 PM
Dun no who start the no reason attack and insult at first,mate or baiter if u prefer

lolmclol
08-06-2013, 08:21 PM
I'm just poking the bear, you seem to be taking it personally, more lmaos for me.

ctx
08-06-2013, 08:59 PM
Dun no who start the no reason attack and insult at first,mate or baiter if u prefer

Hey David, don't worry about lolmclol. I think we should instead look for a while ago at the moment you can get a chance to win a free email service and we can offer you the opportunity of a new job for me and my work address to receive our newsletter for London on Saturday and Sunday night out with friends in common sense and the furious furniture is an excellent opportunity to join us in your browser to engage in a couple of weeks to dispatch time to get the best price online. I think that this is the best time to get a chance to Google technology and a half hour of work to be able to get a raging time for the next couple of weeks.

Regards, James

PHO
08-06-2013, 09:02 PM
In australia, as mentioned previously.

FD1 - R18a
FD2 - K20z
FD3 - hybrid

AUDM FD1 and FD2 is the same chassis (same as the JDM FD1), just different engine. The JDM FD2 (Type R k20) chassis was never released anywhere besides japan, and you cant get this chassis in australia unless you privately import it.

JDM FD1 same chassis as AUDM FD1 + FD2.

JDM FD2 is unique.

Why aussies call it an FD2? Because honda australia decided to use FD2 in the Honda Civic Sport VIN. In australia, the JDM FD2 is referred to as the FD2R to avoid confusion.

androo
08-06-2013, 10:08 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to PHO again.

curtis265
10-06-2013, 02:23 PM
wow nice thread guys :S