PDA

View Full Version : K&N Panel review for GE Jazz

BiLL|z0r
09-06-2013, 09:44 AM
I bought myself a K&N panel filter off ebay a few weeks ago for the simple reason of never having to buy another filter again. My OEM filter was black after 10K km's and had it blown out. 20K km's and it needed replacing. Figured I'd get a K&N after having 1 in my Euro as well (so I already have the cleaning kit).
This is just my butt dyno here but it does seem to have slightly more torque now. Fuel economy is also slightly better. This may just be because I have a new filter vs a dirty filter but I still think it was worth the $75.95 inc shipping to never have to change it again.

chow_tofu
10-06-2013, 03:38 AM
I was going to write a mini review about GD3 filter, but you beat me to it:P

Pretty much did the same as you, got the replacement K&N filter for the GD3 but I didnt feel like it was worth it...

Initially, the CVT transmission felt a bit 'revvy.' It would rev higher when going up a hill, but this went back to normal as I think the engine got used to the new airflow.

Agreed that fuel economy is slightly better but its nothing major. Engine felt the same as regular paper filter even though I was convienced at the repco K&N demo unit would make a difference.

I think MightCarMods had a review on drop in filters and CAI, none of them showed a performance increase other than 0.2 of a KW i think haha.

I was thinking of getting a Mugen/Spoon filter for the GE but i guess ill stick with paper filters.

DreadAngel
12-06-2013, 08:54 PM
Filtration will only provide so much especially on small capacity NA engines.

K&N drop in filter will only alters the a small % of volume and velocity of air which in the main scheme of things equates to minute change.

Its worth it personally for not needing to replace, just need to clean and that added bonus of 0.Xhp gain lol