PDA

View Full Version : CU2 brake upgrades

greencactus
10-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Hi has anyone done an upgrade on their CU2 brakes? Would love to hear how you went.

ChaosMaster
11-06-2013, 06:15 PM
Any specific reason why you want to upgrade yoru brakes? Unless you've increase the power up a lot, OEM brakes work fine. Upgrading the disc to lighter, slotted ones help a bit, but it's the pads that make all the difference. If you're after looks, well, you'll be looking at spending ~2k front and rear for a wilwood/fastbrake kit. Anything else, e.g. Spoon, Brembo, Endless or J's racing, you'll find your wallet 3-7k lighter, which is pointless, even if you track daily.

greencactus
11-06-2013, 10:53 PM
Was curious if anyone changed their brakes chaosMaster. I'm running Brembos on my other car so curiosity got to me. Also looking at ways to shave a bit of weight off the cu2.

ChaosMaster
12-06-2013, 10:30 AM
A few have changed their brakes, but they've also spent a lot of money on their car, usually supercharging it. It also depends on what you mean by "changing" as many of us here have put better rotors and pads on. E.g. I'm running DBA T3 42510S disc which are lighter and meant to be track ready (been wanting to take the car to the track, but haven't had much time as of late). Others are running DBA T2 2510 which as far as I can tell, is the same thing but cheaper??? I went the T3 because it was $20 more at the time so I thought might as well.