PDA

View Full Version : Alarm

vtec_yoo
11-06-2013, 11:37 PM
Hey guys wasn't sure what section I should post in.

Anyway having some trouble with my
Mongoose m80 series alarm.

It happens that I can open and lock the car fine via remote but then at times it won't let me do either.

Anyone know what the problem could be? Definitely isn't the remote battery as the spare remote does the same thing.

Thanks

Chr1s
12-06-2013, 10:47 AM
Has the antenna for the control module fallen from where it use to be installed?

mocchi
12-06-2013, 12:46 PM
relay might be failing?

vtec_yoo
12-06-2013, 07:27 PM
I've got no Idea about car electronics.. How could I identify the above statements?

Chr1s
12-06-2013, 07:39 PM
I would really suggest taking the car to an alarm/auto elec - or someone familiar with this. I am still to date to find an alarm system that has been installed nice and neatly. I should post up a pic of the mess that was in my car..

Nothing worse than figuring out other peoples mess.

vtec_yoo
12-06-2013, 08:44 PM
I would really suggest taking the car to an alarm/auto elec - or someone familiar with this. I am still to date to find an alarm system that has been installed nice and neatly. I should post up a pic of the mess that was in my car..

Yeah I think that'll be my best bet.

Didn't mention it but the alarm has been working fine for the past 6 months

Chr1s
12-06-2013, 09:23 PM
Haha, I didn't consider if the mess is part of their installation to confuse a thief!

cbauto
20-06-2013, 03:30 AM

You should see the mess I'm currently dealing with.

dougie_504
27-06-2013, 07:15 PM
What do you mean 'it doesn't let you'? Does the car respond at all? IE indicators flash but central locking doesn't respond? Nothing at all from the car? Does your remote have an activity light that flashes when you push the buttons? More info