PDA

View Full Version : EP3R turn signal problems

nhaniez
12-06-2013, 08:15 PM
Hi Fellas

i own a:( EP3 Type R having a problem with my turning signal lamps for the past week its making me mega frustrated

- When i Indicate to turn left the lefthand side of the veichle (passenger side) all signal lamps blink normally

- When i Indicate to turn right both the Lefthand and Righthand side (including side indicators and tail lights) signal lamps blink it also shows on my cluster with both arrows blinking as though i have my hazard lights on.
I do notice however that when i Indicate right and all the lights are blinking that the lights on my left hand side (passenger side) appear to be abit more dim than the ones on the right hand side, its more obvious looking at the cluster display and watching both arrows blink the arrow pointing to turn left isnt as bright as the arrow pointing to turn right (this is happening as i indicate to turn right)

- Hazard light functions works normally all lights blink
- Unlocking/Locking car with Viper alarm remote works normally all lights blink

what i've done so far...
1) Replaced Flasher Relay
2) Replaced Hazard light Button

i have read up about this and it would be that there is a bad ground somewhere or not enough ground if anyone would tell me the grounding locations for the Indicator lights that would be great as i will be able to see if they have come loose or something...

i am seriously running out of ideas right now this is making me so frustrated if anyone could please help me that would be great!!!
Last edited by RPH; Today at 12:27 AM.

Grayfox
12-06-2013, 10:41 PM
Ok if i get your post.

When you indicate left the left side flash normally.
When you indicate right all lights flash

Going off the FK/FN wiring diagram for the blinker circuit which will be similar(the 7th gen civic does not have a MICU)
http://imageshack.us/a/img16/2403/blkr.png

You replaced the flasher relay and the hazard light button.
The most likely thing that i would think of is the comboswitch.

I could test it with a power probe. by applying voltage to the wire for the right side(it may not be brown) after the combo switch to see if the rightside light circuit is fine.

If it is fine I would say it is the comboswitch as from seen these are common issues for failure when they get old.

Best thing to do is go to a wreckers and get a replacement.

NOTE: if your car has a SRS airbag disconnect the battery 1 hour before you remove the steering wheel.

NOTE: still take caution when working near airbags.

RPH
13-06-2013, 10:05 PM
Ok if i get your post.

When you indicate left the left side flash normally.
When you indicate right all lights flash

Going off the FK/FN wiring diagram for the blinker circuit which will be similar(the 7th gen civic does not have a MICU)
http://imageshack.us/a/img16/2403/blkr.png

You replaced the flasher relay and the hazard light button.
The most likely thing that i would think of is the comboswitch.

I could test it with a power probe. by applying voltage to the wire for the right side(it may not be brown) after the combo switch to see if the rightside light circuit is fine.

If it is fine I would say it is the comboswitch as from seen these are common issues for failure when they get old.

Best thing to do is go to a wreckers and get a replacement.

NOTE: if your car has a SRS airbag disconnect the battery 1 hour before you remove the steering wheel.

NOTE: still take caution when working near airbags.

thanks for that bud ill do some testing on the weekend ill take the plug off the switch and see if jumping the wires to make the right indicator go off works :)