PDA

View Full Version : Honda civic 93 dual carbi

Hyassine
13-06-2013, 05:24 AM
Every morning when i try to start the car i have to press the petrol pedal all the way and after it start i have to keep my foot on it other wise the car will shut off. I have changed spark plugs and distributor cab but still. Any ideas?
Attention: its a dual carburettor, not injectors. Some people told me that the carburettor of this model always screws up is that true?
Also when i start the car in the morning and i keep my foot on the petrol it gives black smoke and u can smell petrol in the smoke, but once the engine is warm the car is normal and no smoke comes out. Any suggestions?????

THE 2BSEEN
13-06-2013, 08:35 AM
I don't a lot about the car mate but I would look at the main relay, fuel pump and filters.
They are all easy checks and don't cost much to replace.
Hope it helps

trism
13-06-2013, 12:34 PM
Every morning when i try to start the car i have to press the petrol pedal all the way and after it start i have to keep my foot on it other wise the car will shut off. I have changed spark plugs and distributor cab but still. Any ideas?
Attention: its a dual carburettor, not injectors. Some people told me that the carburettor of this model always screws up is that true?
Also when i start the car in the morning and i keep my foot on the petrol it gives black smoke and u can smell petrol in the smoke, but once the engine is warm the car is normal and no smoke comes out. Any suggestions?????

I don't a lot about the car mate but I would look at the main relay, fuel pump and filters.
They are all easy checks and don't cost much to replace.
Hope it helps

usrsbro?

trism
13-06-2013, 12:36 PM
Alright, change fuel fuel filter, check all vac lines, and at worst, get carbs rebuilt

salman_m5
13-06-2013, 01:37 PM
can help u a little if u can visit to ferntree gully sometime..
I have the same engine...fixed my carb..easy fix ;)

THE 2BSEEN
14-06-2013, 08:23 AM
they still have a type of main relay, its basic but its there

trism
14-06-2013, 08:40 AM
The main relay controls the electric fuel pump in an EFI honda, as well as power for the injectors.

If the main relay is stuffed, the car wont present symptoms like OP told us, it just wont start at all.

So therefore, 3 reasons why its not a main relay problem;

1. Theres no fuel pump
2. Theres no injectors
3. It wouldnt even cause this problem.

And in addition to this, its not the fuel pump, because the fuel pump is a mechanical item that operates on the principle of vaccum, is driven off the cam, and also wouldnt give thgese symptoms.

mocchi
14-06-2013, 09:46 AM
teach me how to carby

THE 2BSEEN
14-06-2013, 03:12 PM
o well I tried when no one else would lol

salman_m5
14-06-2013, 04:08 PM
it's the choke..that's messed up..probably the wax in it..i think it's gonna cost u $800+..which I don't think is work it....can be fixed with a cable tie easily