PDA

View Full Version : B18c2 Connecting Pipe Removal

szmidi
16-06-2013, 06:19 PM
Have a reasonably specific question. I have a leak in my B18 which I suspect is coming from the water pump end of the connecting pipe. See where the mouse is pointing in the attached picture.

I've removed the thermostat and begun pulling the pipe from one end. It's was insanely hard but with a lot of leverage I was able to get it out enough to see the o ring. It started jamming on the o ring so I cut it off. Now the connecting pipe moves freely in and out but seems to lock just before the last flange on the water lump end comes out.

I can't see anything else that is hitting to stop the removal. I tried one an old D16 and it was stuff but still came out. I'm wondering if there is some catch to removing the pipe? If I can't get the pipe out I can't replace the o ring :(

Thanks for any help in advance.

dorikin
16-06-2013, 11:32 PM
From memory the oil cooler and knock sensor blocks it in

dorikin
16-06-2013, 11:38 PM
http://nzhondas.com/na-tuning/62026-factory-oil-coolers.html#post769724

szmidi
17-06-2013, 09:56 AM
Thanks dude the oil cooler looks close (5mm maybe) but didnt see if the sensor was hitting. Couldn't get a near picture of the back of the block either so double thanks

szmidi
18-06-2013, 03:20 AM
Looks like it is the cooler actually. The hoses protruding aren't hitting, but as the connecting pipe has slight links / dog legs in it, it is gradually locking in against the cooler. Looks like just undo that big but and the cooler is out if the way. Not as bad as I thought